Talk me off the ledge- to sell vgc and buy aul or no?

If you want to be talked out of it then I’ll give it a go!! 😀
I would say VGC long term value has gone up due to VDH dues/tax and point chart. It’s also a superior Disney location to AUL which gives it a big edge when looking for prospective buyers.

also Hawaii could go under a tsunami or destroyed by super volcano etc 😅

I am another local who owns VGC (and now VDH) points. I live about 20 minutes away and like to take 2-4 local staycations a year staying in the resorts. I use all my points (or maybe bank a few) each year. But I also have my plans booked out well in advance (March WDW, July VGC, September WDW, November/December VGC). The VDH are probably going to slot in for May or January most years. So I do plan for the 11 month out dates and book during the 11-7 home resort time.

I would hold them. Of all my points (SSR, AKV, VGC, and VDH), my VGC are the ones I will never let go of. And that is said with great love for my AKV home too.

I am another local who owns VGC (and now VDH) points. I live about 20 minutes away and like to take 2-4 local staycations a year staying in the resorts. I use all my points (or maybe bank a few) each year. But I also have my plans booked out well in advance (March WDW, July VGC, September WDW, November/December VGC). The VDH are probably going to slot in for May or January most years. So I do plan for the 11 month out dates and book during the 11-7 home resort time.

I would hold them. Of all my points (SSR, AKV, VGC, and VDH), my VGC are the ones I will never let go of. And that is said with great love for my AKV home too.
Yeah, I slept on it and we are gonna hold. Ultimately, I think the pool got me. A summer day at the pool while everyone is at the parks is pretty priceless and DCA is our favorite park of all time. And getting WDW SAP points won't save us money but it will be easier to sell them if we end up changing our patterns. Y'all had too many great points!

I have xxxx VGC points xxxxUY full points avail. I’m one signature away from listing them for sale to take advantage of the high pricing atm and use the money to buy double or more points at Aulani where I already own 600 points. Help me walk through this and decide if we hit send!

Here’s where my head is at;
Pro:
▪️We use our VGC points the least as I won’t trade then into the rest of the system.
▪️We have a home in SoCal so now we just drive home or I’ll want to make impromptu trips and end up staying off prop overnight because VGC is now a 7-11 month plan or nothing.
▪️We can always rent points during home window at either VGC or VDH in future
▪️We can always pay a day or two rack if need be
▪️We can get 600 more points at Aulani where we are always borrowed out. We love Aulani though it’s point intensive. 600 only gets you a week ocean view. We can also use those as SAP at SSR or higher priced preferred view rooms at WDW at 7 mos and have never had a problem if we’re willing to throw points down for the rooms that book last.
▪️We could later buy into VDH resale as there are more contracts there. We have a blue card already.
▪️More points, more trips and/or the ability to take more people.
▪️No more renting when I need points or using my HHI points as SAP and able to use at HHI as intended.
▪️Aulani is easy to rent if need be. Also it makes the best wedding gift, family and clients trips)

Con:
▪️We will never be able to get those points back and there’s 34 years to go where the rack rate will increase.
▪️We will sell the house in SoCal when the kids go to college and we’ve decided not to repurchase in CA due to weather, water, taxes etc.
▪️Grandkids (fingers crossed)
▪️We may want to go for C33 at DLR also and then will want to stay more often. (This is a minor consideration)
▪️More dues on more points
▪️Aulani points will not appreciate and are harder to sell (that’s never a given of course but a consideration)
▪️Rack rates are high and difficult to get larger rooms
▪️FOMO

We are definitely torn. I’m leaning sell. My husband is leaning keep. Gotta decide if I pull out or sign by EOD tomorrow.
I love Grand Californian. I typically go to Disneyland or DIsneyBut my very best Disney vacation EVER was at Grand Californian.

So, hey, if you decide you want to sell Grand Californian, keep me in mind. I might be interested. You can try to private message me if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter