Talk to me about selling...

Me.....

January - Stay at BRV. Fall in love.
February - Hmm.....this 50 point BRV contract should be plenty to stay in a studio for every other or every 3rd year. Purchases contract.
Early March - Well....maybe we should add on 50-75 more points so we can go a little more often if we want. I'll just watch the resale sites to see what pops up. (Nothing pops up.)
Late March - Well....maybe we should actually look at 100 more points. That way we can stay in a 1 bedroom instead of a studio. (Nothing pops up.)
April - You know....this 150 point contract is looking really good......
I just went through something similar with VGF - wanted 150 pts.

Initially found a 100 pt that passed ROFR and was on the lookout for the remaining 50. Nothing. Gave it two months and grew impatient. Another 100 pt popped up so I went for it.

And of course the day the second 100 passes ROFR, the 50 pointer appears! I felt compelled to at least bid, which was accepted and now I feel like I have to get it…and delude myself into thinking I’ll sell the second 100 at some point. Who am I kidding 🤣

I just went through something similar with VGF - wanted 150 pts.

Initially found a 100 pt that passed ROFR and was on the lookout for the remaining 50. Nothing. Gave it two months and grew impatient. Another 100 pt popped up so I went for it.

And of course the day the second 100 passes ROFR, the 50 pointer appears! I felt compelled to at least bid, which was accepted and now I feel like I have to get it…and delude myself into thinking I’ll sell the second 100 at some point. Who am I kidding 🤣
Low dues, great resort….. congratulations on all of the points!

The studios that sleep 5 in Murphy beds are worth a try - I know VGF is a points hog but there's a reason for that: the deluxe studios have 2 showers, one with a handheld, and if the single person wants to sleep in the pull down single Murphy, they can and the rest of the living area has a sofa you can sit on! (I don't know if BRV has this?) It makes the small space that much more livable for the 3 of you, esp as your son gets older.

Congratulations!

I am not a regular renter-outer of points but I've done it on occasion (and also rented points when I needed more) on these boards. I've never used it as an attempt to squeeze every last $ of value from my points, do it's been pretty easy to unload points if needed. It's happened rarely because ... I've just found a way to use the "extra" points. ;)

You may need to join the thread, Addonitis Math ...

As for spouse learning Disney math:

When we bought Riviera - 2019 - I was making the case for 200 BLT resale or 200 RIV direct? After The Tour, we were sitting there talking about size of contracts and he up and said, "Maybe we need 250 points?"

VGF add on (2023):
me: best price per point is at 150 points, we could probably use 200, how about it?
DH: ok 200
me, days later: (planning trips)
DH: Maybe 250?
me, days later: contracts coming in - we both have to sign.
DH: how much did we get, again? How many total points to we have?
me: ##
DH: why not just get to 1000?
me: (runs off to call guide to rewrite contracts AGAIN)
me: new contracts in to sign...
DH: didn't I just sign contracts? Why do I have to sign again?
me: I got us over 1000
DH: I WAS KIDDING
me: oops
DH: (sigh) where do I sign?

Me.....

January - Stay at BRV. Fall in love.
February - Hmm.....this 50 point BRV contract should be plenty to stay in a studio for every other or every 3rd year. Purchases contract.
Early March - Well....maybe we should add on 50-75 more points so we can go a little more often if we want. I'll just watch the resale sites to see what pops up. (Nothing pops up.)
Late March - Well....maybe we should actually look at 100 more points. That way we can stay in a 1 bedroom instead of a studio. (Nothing pops up.)
April - You know....this 150 point contract is looking really good......

I feel like most people have been through that. I am still not totally sure how I got from 150 points to 650 points. And I still feel like I need about 50 more to make everything about perfect. And no, I am not in the market for those 50 right now. That first time in a 1 bedroom --- that will be when you start thinking about even more. Don't say you haven't been warned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter