"Tapping Out" at FP Touchpoint still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasingLeslie

DIS Veteran
With WDW cracking down on FP abuse (aka SDFP), do you think you can still "fake tap" into a FP attraction without entering...?

I think it all depends on the CM monitoring it. Some monitor it more closely then others. When you "Tap" the reader, your information is supposed to come up on the screen and will be green if every thing is okay, and another color (depending on the situation) if it's NOT okay. If you "Fake Tap" then there will be no update from the LAST persons tap. If they are observant (many are) then you may get stopped.

We have seen some people go through without tapping (or tapping and getting other than green) and the CM was otherwise very busy and they went through. It irks me to think that people would do this Intentionally (as opposed to perhaps being 5 minutes early or 5 minutes late or some other innocent reason).

The closest we go to "Abuse" the FP system is that my DW may not ride a particular ride (7DMT for example) but will get the FP for it. My DD will go and ride it on HER Fast Pass and then come out, swap bands with my DW and then ride it with that FP. So the only real abuse is that a different person is using the FP but it was a valid FP otherwise.

Fake tapping? No. Never. If you don't have a FP for an attraction then you don't get to go in the FP line. And don't get me started on the nonsense with Same Day FP. I couldn't be happier about them closing a loophole that was never meant to be used.
Is fake tapping exactly what it sounds like? You scan your band knowing you don't have a FP and hope the CM doesn't notice? I honestly have never heard of this and it's the only thing I can guess.

What "fake tapping" sounds like to me is outright sneaking and rule breaking.
That's how I see it too. SDFP may be perfectly "legal" but in my mind, if you are going out to get "Extra" Fast Passes to exploit a potential loophole, is still on the "less than honest" side of things (IMHO).

Plus, reading up on how to do it just seems like it's more effort than what it's worth, but I guess that value is different for everyone.

To get through unwanted FPs (read: Tier 2s) quicker to have a better chance at desired ones as fourth FPs. And no, you don't need to scan the second scan point--especially since many of them are inactive anyway.
Then it's not really "Fake Tapping" as the name implies. I agree with @DWillowBay that these folks should put the creativity elsewhere. That's a lot of effort for what seems to be a small gain.

Really can only do it on the LAST fast pass too. So you really don't gain a whole lot except for 1 hour. But hey... If they want to waste that Fast Pass... I suppose that's their choice.

I can't see how Disney or anyone else would have a problem with this. Epcot especially is bad where only the tier 1 attractions really need a FP. Let see say I've done Soarin and SE with FP and still have FP for Living with the Land which I may have already done with no wait. If I'm in the neighborhood I can tap in for LWtL and not ride. Now I'm free to make a fourth (maybe in another park) about an hour earlier than if I let it expire in its own.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this, unless they change the system to require you to tap at both tapstiles. At that point you may as well ride the attraction.

I can't see how Disney or anyone else would have a problem with this. Epcot especially is bad where only the tier 1 attractions really need a FP. Let see say I've done Soarin and SE with FP and still have FP for Living with the Land which I may have already done with no wait. If I'm in the neighborhood I can tap in for LWtL and not ride. Now I'm free to make a fourth (maybe in another park) about an hour earlier than if I let it expire in its own.
Exactly - Disney forces people to use 3 FPs before they can attempt to get another FP, even if you have no interest in the tier 2 attractions which are available. Folks figured out that they didn't actually need to ride - just tap - to allow themselves the ability to book another FP for a ride in which they have an interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter