Target still requiring masks where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine dont, but they have a sign up saying they wish you would, if I see someone wearing one, I avoid the isle they are in, not looking to freak them out

TJ Maxx is definitely enforcing their mask policy, at least at the location here. There is an employee standing at the front telling you masks are required and she will give you one, if you don't have one. I found that annoying since I'm fully vaccinated but of course I just wore the mask and didn't complain. Hard to shop there with the dressing rooms still closed, too. I will say that once I was making my rounds in the store, I was just about the only customer who actually kept the mask on. lol.

The TJ Maxx and Marshall’s stores by me just dropped their mask requirement. Now it is voluntary and no one was wearing them. And, the dressing rooms opened a week ago! Metro atlanta

We are in Southeastern Massachusetts. The sign at my Target states masks are not required for vaccinated individuals. Many of the Target employees still wear masks but that is also true of many of the stores around here. I went to the beach today and was surprised by the number of people wearing them.

I haven't been in a Target in ages, but our Walmart does not mandate them. We wore ours today to grocery shop (we are vaccinated). DH feels better doing so.

I'm not commenting on the civility of the discussion. I just thought they made a rule recently that prohibited this type of conversation.
That has been tricky on the Cruise Line Forum since the two biggest issues in restarting cruises are vaccination status and masks on board.

Not here in NJ. Been to 2 different Targets since the mandate was lifted. Sign asks non-vaccinated people to wear them. Other than drug stores , only a few small stores ask you to wear one in our area.

Not in NJ.

Yeah...I was waiting for someone from NJ to reply. I haven't been in a Target recently, but in central NJ...haven't seen any mask mandates being enforced in any stores. I would say maybe 25% of people in Trader Joe's were wearing them a couple of weeks ago.

Not in NY- haven't worn a mask in stores for weeks now- first time going in and seeing peoples whole faces was the best feeling- of course you still have the few that will keep wearing a mask because they are still afraid but for the most part people are maskless everywhere now (other than Dr's offices, they still make you wear them there)- I was at our local beach hut this weekend at night for a band playing and not one person wearing a mask, people dancing and socializing like it was 2019 again- felt GREAT to be back to normal!

The TJ Maxx and Marshall’s stores by me just dropped their mask requirement. Now it is voluntary and no one was wearing them. And, the dressing rooms opened a week ago! Metro atlanta
I have been waiting for dressing rooms to open at my Marshall's. I'll have to go check and see if ours are open.

Nope, nope, nope. Lots of places still have the signs up just because of inertia. I packed mine away. The only reason I didn't burn them was because I put in lots of effort to make them and perfect them. For many months they just weren't enforcing masks. Now even employees are maskless.

:offtopic:

But still Target.

Their summer seasonal section was consolidated from about 8 aisles down to 3. You can probably guess what they’re starting to fill the rest in with.

Back to school!!! Yes, I know school resumes in late July or early August in some parts of the country, but it’s only been over for about a week in the Northeast.

Just like last holiday season. Their Christmas stuff was practically wiped out by Thanksgiving weekend.

Target’s seasonal selections have been most unimpressive the past several years. They used to have some really cool stuff. It sucks these days.

P.S. They still had a ——load of masks that will likely remain unsold.
At my Target, 2 years ago last time I was in it, Christmas stuff was out and picked over before Halloween let alone Thanksgiving. Christmas stuff came out mid-October.

That is what confused me, the national policy lifted them at Target, but I went back by this morning, and they are still requiring masks and the sign makes no mention of vaccination status. And yes California did life the mask RECOMMENDATION, but individual businesses are still allowed to require masks. Our Dutch Bros coffee place finally reopened their walk in counter this week, and they very clearly has masks required signs. But the walk up area is only about 10 feet by 10 feet, so I can see that.
My post has nothing to do with guests choosing it wear masks, it is businesses having signs posted that guests MUST wear masks. But no, I didn't see any enforcement, but I didn't see anyone in Target without a mask.
Coworker hit California on a 3 week motorcycle ride right about June 15th. Said they were stuck because everyone was kicking them out of everywhere because they didn't have masks.

Coworker hit California on a 3 week motorcycle ride right about June 15th. Said they were stuck because everyone was kicking them out of everywhere because they didn't have masks.
Interesting. I have to admit during the entire time since the pandemic started I have not seen a single person confronted or asked to put on a mask. Now I have had way too many medical appointments in the past year, and masks will be required for the time being in that setting. there, they want you to wear the mask that THEY provide. That is the only comment I have heard about masks.

I have to question the validity of that. As a Californian, I haven’t seen a single instance where it was enforced, even prior to the 15th. After the 15th, almost all stores dropped the requirement all together. So while they may have run into one, I highly doubt it happened over and over again.

But on that, if it was before the 15th, why didn’t they just follow the mandate and wear one?

All the stores I’ve been to since CA fully opened two weeks ago have signs that say only unvaccinated people need to mask up. However, there are still a LOT of people wearing masks when I go out and about, and I don’t buy that there are that many who are not fully vaccinated. I think a lot of people here are still not ready to give up masks.

The thing that annoys me is that pretty much all fast food places I’ve been to (I’m looking at YOU especially, McDonalds) are still not letting people eat in the dining room. Pick up or drive thru only. I’m so tired of eating in the car!

All the stores I’ve been to since CA fully opened two weeks ago have signs that say only unvaccinated people need to mask up. However, there are still a LOT of people wearing masks when I go out and about, and I don’t buy that there are that many who are not fully vaccinated. I think a lot of people here are still not ready to give up masks.

The thing that annoys me is that pretty much all fast food places I’ve been to (I’m looking at YOU especially, McDonalds) are still not letting people eat in the dining room. Pick up or drive thru only. I’m so tired of eating in the car!

Agree about McDonalds not having the dining room open yet - what's up with that?. If you like The Habit, dining rooms are open (at least the one by us has it open).

I stopped by two McDonalds on my run today in Ca. Both had open dining rooms. That being said, I still see a lot of people wearing masks.

Not in NY- haven't worn a mask in stores for weeks now- first time going in and seeing peoples whole faces was the best feeling- of course you still have the few that will keep wearing a mask because they are still afraid but for the most part people are maskless everywhere now (other than Dr's offices, they still make you wear them there)- I was at our local beach hut this weekend at night for a band playing and not one person wearing a mask, people dancing and socializing like it was 2019 again- felt GREAT to be back to normal!

how do you know why people are wearing masks? Did you take a survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter