Tawnie & Steven's 3-2-12 Dream Wedding

futuremrsrowell

Earning My Ears
How we met:

Since I've been a long time lurker, soaking up inspiration from the wonderful boards here, I thought it would only be right to start a planning journal so maybe someone can benefit from my limited artistic ability.

But first, the story of how this wedding came to be:

Steven and I met my sophomore year of college. I had just gotten out of a long term, pretty messed up relationship, and I wasn't really to date. So after Steven and I met at a Halloween party, we spent a lot of time just hanging out. We watched movies together, went to parties together (as college kids sometimes do) and he was always a perfect gentleman about the fact that I just wasn't ready to be with anyone again. I waited too long to let him know how I felt though. After breaking a bone in his neck, he could no longer get cleared to play football at the school we met at. Since he really didn't have anything keeping him here, he moved back to Texas where the safety restrictions are a little more relaxed. I was disappointed when I found out he was moving, but took it as a sign we just weren't meant to be and moved on.

We remained friends, and I went to see him play football at his new school in Texas once. The next spring break, he invited me to come stay in San Antonio at his parent's house for a few days. He then *coincidentally* decided that a few months later he HAD to come see a rock concert with his friend that still lived in Arkansas, so he said maybe we'd see one another then. It turns out, we ended up spending the entire weekend together, including me going to the rock concert, which was way too loud for an old fuddy duddy like me. At the end of the weekend, he knew he had to go back to Texas for school and I had to stay in Arkansas, but he promised somehow we would make it work and we both agreed that we didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Long story short, I ended up living about two hours away from him for a year in Texas, during which our relationship grew stronger. When I got a full ride to law school in Arkansas, it was hard for me to accept, knowing that we would be 10+ hours apart again. However, Steven surprised me by saying that as soon as he graduated college, he would move up and stay with me. The first semester of law school, I bought a house and at the beginning of the second semester, he moved in with me and got a job to support me while I was in law school.

One very long year after he moved in, Steven asked me to marry him and I obviously said yes (or this would be a very boring planning journal). We didn't want to get married until after I graduated from law school, because we didn't want to do it during a traditional break time. I wanted a disney wedding from the beginning, but his family does not drink the Disney Kool-Aid and he was worried they would find it too childish. We spent some time planning a grand affair at the Gaylord Texan in Dallas. On the way home from a visit though, Steven asked me what was wrong. When I told him that the Gaylord was lovely, it just wasn't what I wanted, he told me that he didn't care where he got married as long as it was to me. We compromised on a DCL wedding, because his family does love to cruise. So both families were happy. My family is full of Disney fanatics (seriously once a year from Arkansas, even when we were broke and had to drive for two days), and his family loves the laid back atmosphere of a cruise ship. I immediately called DFTW and booked my wedding on the March 1st sailing of the Disney Dream. As its my first cruise ever, I'm a little nervous, but I think the combination of dramamine and a wedding will make it all okay :)

26973_670655943157_20615677_38387829_3755704_n.jpg

I know this looks like a high school prom picture, but its actually us from Barrister Ball last year. I'll post pictures of my dress and welcome bag goodies as soon as I get over to my parents. I have to my dress over there so Steven doesn't sneak a peak.

More Intro:

This post is basically just to show off my little family:

Our beautiful oldest girl Tipsy:

Tipsy1.jpg

The middle child, Cage:

Cage.jpg

Our not-so-little goofball Luna (40lbs at less than 5 months):
Luna1.jpg

Since he works so much and I'm in school, we've decided that three dogs are enough to worry about for the time. No kids anytime soon :)

Now on to wedding stuff:

My tiara... sitting on my tissue holder because I couldn't get it to stand up any other way.
DSCN0025.jpg

One of my toasting flutes. Sorry its hard to see
DSCN0030-1.jpg

And my cake cutting set.
DSCN0029.jpg

Welcome! Congratulations, and I am looking forward to reading all about your plans! :D You're going to love DCL--- I went on one 7 years ago and it's the best vacation I've ever taken!

Congratulations and welcome!!! Everything looks great and I love the doggies!!

You will LOVE the cruise! Other than Disney, cruises are my fave vacations. A seasick tip (not that you'll get sick because the ships are so darn big they hardly move in the water) is to eat green apples or candied ginger. You'll find green apples EVERYWHERE on a ship and that's what most of the people who work on board will eat when they've got rough seas.

Nice to see you started a PJ.

Love the fur-baby pictures (we have a full house also 2 dogs and 2 cats).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter