Taxi/town car fare to Pearson

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I'm not sure if I can get someone to drop us off at the airport for this trip, so I'll probably end up taking a taxi or town car to the airport. I know I could park my car at the airport, but I'm thinking that a cab will be cheaper. Plus, I can probably get someone to pick me up when I come back. I was just wondering if the fares are fixed (ie. not on the meter) and how much each service cost.

TIA :p

Vicky, I have found that if you phone the taxi company, they can give you a good idea of the fare from point A to point B.

I travel frequently for business and take an airport limo/taxi. From Don Mills it's about $45-50 (incl tip) each way. The vast majority of taxi/limos have a fixed rate depending on your location. AsOn occassion we have taken our van to the valet park n fly on airport road and it's about $79/week and if you're flying air canada, you can check in right there and then catch their shuttle to the airport. It's actually cheaper to use the valet parking if you're going to be gone a week versus the $90-100 round trip for cab.

Airport Limousine services are regulated by government approved flat rates. We found that it depended what area of the city you were travelling from. It cost us $28.00 flat rate two years ago to go from Bathurst and Finch (SE) to Pearson but I see that that rate has gone up. On the return trip you are supposed to be able to phone the same company and they will send a car for you at the same flat rate, unless the airport is very busy.
Try looking at some limousine websites to get an idea, most have maps showing the cost. Make sure that if you call a taxicab in advance that you set a rate with them before you leave, if not then the meter will dictate what you pay.

http://www.airflightservices.com/rates/index.php
http://www.aaroportlimo.ca/lrgmap.html

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm going to check out some of the rates on my break :p

We live in the northwest corner of Mississauga ~ about 20 minutes to the airport in absolutely no traffic. We always take Aerofleet or some other airport limo service and it's usually about $40 with tip. I call about one week before to book the limo and call again the night before. Only once was the limo late and only by 10 minutes. We usually leave a lot of "just in case there is trouble" time ~ so it all worked out for us. S

If you don't mind my asking Sandra, how much do you tip the driver? We usually tip the driver in Orlando min. of $10 but that's US currency. Should I tip the driver here $10 as well or would that work out to $15 CDN? I know its kind of a silly question, but I'm use to getting a lift to the airport. :p

Hi ~ I think the limo itself is about $30 and we give $40 ~ so we tip around $10 CDN. The driver's we have had are always very nice and helpful. We bring a lot of luggage, baby car seat and stroller. Next trip we will travel lighter, no car seat and only an umbrella stroller. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter