Taxis & I Ride Trolley

coreynyc

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at HRH & PB for a 3 night Presidents Weekend stay that I booked at the last minute at high rates (around $200/night). Since our hotel rate is so expensive, my girlfriend & I have decided to forego the $60/day (+ $5/day parking) rates that the less known rental car companies are quoting for tiny compact cars. (We're using Rabbit at Yourride for our airport transfers).

We'll probably be spending all of our time in IOA, US, CW, and at the pools. But if we wanted to venture off US grounds to the factory outlets or restaurants on I Drive, are there taxis waiting at the hotels or at CW? (I'm a spoiled Manhattanite who can almost always hail a cab immediately and I hate having to call for and wait for a taxi that will inevitably be 20 min. late in arriving.) I'm sure I will have to wait for a cab to pick me up when leaving whatever restaurant or outlet mall we visit, but I guess I can deal with a wait on one end of the trip--just not both.

Also, I already know that the I Ride Trolley doesn't stop on US grounds at all (which is baffling). But, I was wondering where the closest I Ride stop was located within walking distance from the HRH & PBH (and how far is it). Also, is it a reliable service and how long do trips take on it (It seems to make a TON of stops, according to the website)?

Any insite would be appreciated!

Sorry, I dont have any info on the I Ride Trolley, but we used rabbitt at Yourride and it worked out great. Our driver was on time, pleasant and very courteous.

Patty

I'm a newbie around here too, but I lurked enough to find out about the praised heaped upon Yourride.

Rabbit is the owner of Yourride, which seems to be the DIS Boards' taxi/limo service of choice. Everyone praises Rabbit's (AKA Richard) service and in the investigating I did online, his price can't be beat (especially with his $5 off coupon).

Just based on the map I see on the website, #5 at Major Blvd looks like the closest stop.

Hi, Corey!

Being a former New Yawka myself, I understand using the transit and taxis to get around. But it's not the same in Orlando. I stayed on Major Blvd in a hotel one time and each time I wanted a cab I had to call one. And believe me, the more the stars on the hotel, the more the cabs charge... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the schedule I-Ride follows but don't expect it to be like the "right-behind-each-other" buses in NY! I remember staying on I-Drive one time and saw a bus twice! Make sure you have a schedule of when they will be there so you won't have to just stand there! And realize that it's going to be a hike to get to even the nearest stop!

Enjoy yourself no matter what you do!

Robin,

Where in Brooklyn are you originally from? I'm born & raised in Sheepshead Bay--lived there for my first 25 years (aside from time spent at college)

The I Ride seems like more of a hassle than a convienience, the more that I hear about it.

The official reason why I Ride doesn't venture onto US grounds is:
We do not service Universal Studios because they are not located within the International Drive Master Transit & Improvement District. Because we are a special district, we are confined to the boundaries of our district with regard to transportation service.

I wish US & Loews could have ponied up the $ to participate in order to make staying on premises a little more convienient for their guests (not to mention it makes it easier for those staying on I Drive to get to US/IOA/CW & spend $). I don't get it.

As for the taxi's, I have a feeling that there will be some hanging out by the HRH, PBH, & CW as the hotels have a lots of rooms and there's lots of action at CW. I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me.

Corey,
Have you checked into rental rates for a weekly rate? It's not uncommon for those off-site car rental companies can have weekly rates of under $100 - I know you only need it for 3 days, but they don't penalize you (at least none that I've used!) for returning the car early. Usually a 5 day rental will get you the weekly rate...It might be worth checking out...

It just sounds like with the cab fares and the inconvenience involved, as well as your limited amount of time (which in itself has value!), you might be able to get a deal that you might be more able to justify...

Just a thought... :)
Karen

Patty,

It seems that for the holiday week, most companies are wither sold out or have jacked up their rates.

Thanks for the advice though.

Patty, It seems that for the holiday week, most companies are wither sold out or have jacked up their rates.

You're welcome! So...who's Patty??? ;)

I've been called a LOT of things before...but Patty was never one of them! ;) :D :rolleyes:

Have fun!

K-A-R-E-N ;)

Originally posted by coreynyc
Robin,

Where in Brooklyn are you originally from? I'm born & raised in Sheepshead Bay--lived there for my first 25 years.

I'm from Crown and Brooklyn Heights. Lived there for 31 years! I think Flatbush Avenue still has my footprints down there somewhere.... :p

I remember Sheepshead Bay being a stop on the D train!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter