• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TDR end of October/start of November good idea ?

Carrie_Cat

I'm a Rive Gauche person
We are looking at going back to Asia for our main holidays this year and I'm leaning towards going to Japan.

Is end of October/start of November a good time to visit the parks weather and crowd wise or would we be better going another time ?

Thank you all in advance.

I've been in early November before and it was great.

T-shirt and shorts weather from memory. And the crowds were fine, although since then I've read that Tokyo Disney has been offering a lot more discounted tickets to locals, especially students.

The first week from November 2014 looks like it was okay: http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland/2014/?lang=en

Try to go on weekdays. Grab fast passes for your must do rides straight away. And if it's crowded, just enjoy the overall experience.

Halloween at TDL is really fun. It's crowded but the costumes are amazing to see and many of the rides aren't too bad because people don't want to mess up their costumes (except for haunted mansion!!). It's generally comfortable during the day but a light jacket at night is good.

Also at DisneySea it can get quite windy at any time, as it is right on the bay facing quite a large port, which does directly connect with open sea. So be prepared at night as you might get a sudden chill from the wind.

CharmedCake is right! We nearly blew away at DisneySea last week! I suggest bringing ponchos - we went on a drizzly day and mostly managed to stay dry, but every time we went near Port Discovery and around to the Lost River Delta, we got soaked! Maybe it was a coincidence and bad timing, but I was guessing the winds blew the drizzly rain around more? Anyway, you can certainly get ponchos at the park, but my 6'5" husband was basically shrink wrapped into the largest size we could find! They're also not cute Disney ponchos unless you pay 3x more, if that matters to you at all. Wish we'd just dragged out normal Disney ponchos with!

Halloween at TDL is really fun. It's crowded but the costumes are amazing to see and many of the rides aren't too bad because people don't want to mess up their costumes (except for haunted mansion!!). It's generally comfortable during the day but a light jacket at night is good.

This! They do Halloween decor and fall food offerings really well, plus you get Haunted Mansion Holiday in Japanese. For this reason alone, I'd lean October over November.

My husband and I visited TDR in early November 2013 and found it a very good time to visit. It wasn't the quietest period at Tokyo Disney but it wasn't insane either and, as others have mentioned, as long as you get a new FP as soon as you are able starting first thing in the morning you should be fine. If you want, you can read my trip report from our November trip here. I will give you an idea of how we dealt with the crowds.

Also RE weather - I've noticed a lot of people have said the weather will likely be fine and warm in early November but that wasn't our experience. It rained about half the time we were there, but was fine the rest of the time, but we were always wearing sweaters and pants!

I went in late November. It rained and the crowds were crazy. Still had a great time, though!

My mum and I visited early November (3rd - 6th) 2014, it was fantastic! I would advise avoiding Halloween!

For us going in early November meant:
  • There were lots of Xmas decorations up (big tree on main steet, decorations throughout disneyland hotel, in the monorail station etc.)
  • The Christmas Duffy clothes were released on Monday 3rd which meant massive (i'm not joking when i say 1km) long queues for the newly released Duffy clothes!
  • Nightmare before christmas overlay for the haunted mansion
  • Its a small world was closed to receive its Christmas overlay.
  • Fairly low crowds
  • Clear/Dry fabulous weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter