TEAM FIVE: Herc's Heroes--Post miles/hours here!

ms.mightyduck

DIS Veteran
I'm starting this now because I have to work during the day tomorrow--I know some of us are early workout people, so I wanted you to have a place to check in!

Woohoo! We're going to kick some serious butt! Let's get going!

Here are mine for today - a little whacky looking as I took my beginner friends on a run/walk (actually more of a walk/run) and then did a bit more on my own:

Run/walk: 30 minutes; 2 miles
Bike: 10 minutes; 1 mile
Weights: 60 minutes

GO THE DISTANCE!
Renee

MsMIGHTYDUCK (captain) Team 5 (Herc's Heroes) Going the Distance

THNDRMATT
XTERRATRI
LENSHANEM
MOMOFCKJ
LARAHB
MARSUZCOS
SANDY 321 Co Captain
TIM (SANDY 123's HUBBY)
CDN GAL EEYORE
COHOE
UTGUITARIST 27
MISSYHA
HMHUNTERS
39CINDERELLA

HercsHeroes.jpg

GOING THE DISTANCE
No Looking Back
Staying on TRACK!!

WOO HOO!!

(I promise to have the graphic with tag lines working later today!!)

First off a disclaimer:

We're all a TEAM here so do not let my insane mileage or hours discourage you. I have no kids and fly nights for a living and have a lot of down time during the day so I can put in more training than your average working person/parent. I personally am more interested in the team HOURS total than miles, simply because it shows how much motivation we have and how much time We're Inspired to Stay Healthy if you know what I mean. ;)

Friday: 1:00 for 16.87 (are we rounding to 10ths of a mile or hundredths?:rolleyes1 ) on the bike outside on a great 50 degree day with medium wind that made my zigzag course almost a series of intervals upwind/downwind/upwind/downwind etc.

Still set for the 15k tomorrow, Sunday who knows!

I have to apologize for being slow off the mark in tallying miles and hours for the team. I was out of work most of this week with bronchitis and I'm not sure I want to head out for a run this weekend. Hopefully I'll squeeze in some Fit Ball on Monday and Wednesday though.

My Minnie training starts the week of Feb 11 though, so look for me to be back at it soon!

Go team!

First off a disclaimer:

We're all a TEAM here so do not let my insane mileage or hours discourage you. I have no kids and fly nights for a living and have a lot of down time during the day so I can put in more training than your average working person/parent. I personally am more interested in the team HOURS total than miles, simply because it shows how much motivation we have and how much time We're Inspired to Stay Healthy if you know what I mean. ;)

Friday: 1:00 for 16.87 (are we rounding to 10ths of a mile or hundredths?:rolleyes1 ) on the bike outside on a great 50 degree day with medium wind that made my zigzag course almost a series of intervals upwind/downwind/upwind/downwind etc.

Still set for the 15k tomorrow, Sunday who knows!

hehehe...I'm over here scouting out the "competition" ;)

Matt...are you doing the Florida 70.3 again? I'll be there!
Glad you could get on the bike today...I'll get out tomorrow. Nice to be able to ride outside this time of year!

Completed my seven miles today! My longest run yet! :yay:

7 miles / 1:17:02

Good luck this weekend Matt! :woohoo:

Let's rock Herc's Heroes! :rockband:

Matt Thanks for the reminder! I think there are a lot of us on this team that are really just beginners (esp me!!) I hope to be motivated by you and others!! But it will be a slow go for me!!

It will also keep my whining in check!! :thumbsup2

OK team - see how this looks!!

HercsHeroes9copy.jpg

right click and save as ... on your computer...
(remember where your computer puts it, this is the hardest part for me!)
Then get a photobucket account (or other free site!)
click upload (and your computer pops up a screen - remember where you saved as... make sure thats what it says, otherwise switch it)
click on image
then click on UPLOAD at Photobucket
the viola!!
Then the last option under the picture is IMG Code - copy that -

Now go to the top blackish line above - click on User CP
Click on edit signature
paste your IMG code!! (photobuckets automatically put in the brackets that are used here, in Tourguide Mike you have to use lower case img instead of the IMG - fyi)
Now click on save
and automatically appears!!

HTH

For the other teams...
Herculespunch1.gif

Matt.....good luck this weekend!

Leana....just rest and feel better soon!

Shan.......way to go!!

Sandy......thanks for your hard work on our logo

I just walked 1 1/2 hrs but, I am not done for the day yet.

good luck to us all!!

I did an hour on our Gazelle (elliptical glider) for 6.02 miles. I've never spent so long on there but was inspired with the challenge starting today!:thumbsup2

Allyson :)

Tim did 45 min of snow shoveling today!!

(and only did half the driveway!! :rotfl2: He didnt get to work till noon!! and our driveway only holds 4 compact cars total!! - the snowplowed all the snow from the culdesac into our driveway!! )

Sandy only did 1 1/2 mile walk 45 min 30 min of floor exercise!!

Just got done with my 4 miles with Leslie. Took 55 minutes. Hope to get more in tomorrow... How about if I post how many infectious people I survived examining?! :rotfl2: Some days that might exceed my mileage!

Total time: 2 hr 12 min
Run/walk 3.4 mi 40 min
strength 24 min
swim 3200 yds 1 hr 8 min

Only run/walk counts for miles and every thing else counts for time right?

(see race report thread for details)

9.43 miles running (15k course), 1:29:30

Good job, Matt!

Asked above...but are you doing the Fl. 70.3 tri? I see that xterratri is. I'll be there!

Okay, so I did not lead the team off the line this week. Yesterday was my scheduled day off, and I was going to work out anyway so I could be great day one, but... I fell asleep on the sofa. :( Today DH and I (and the dog) walked outside--about 40 degrees, way colder than I meant for it to be. We did 2 miles and about 40 minutes in the neighborhood. DH confessed as we were about to do lap 3 (one mile laps) that his legs were actually starting to hurt! :rotfl2: He's a natural-born endurance athlete who has been taking it easy for the winter. He has promised to start working out with me more so he can drag me through races.

Tomorrow is my long walk day and then I'll be working out all week. I need to see if I can get into a yoga class....

Sandy, the logo looks amazing! Thanks! And thank Tim for all that snow shoveling!

Matt, wow! Congrats on the race today and all those miles yesterday--amazing! I can tell you will keep me from getting lazy!

Shan, you did a great job! I haven't come anywhere near that far--tomorrow will be my longest walk ever--I'm going for 4 miles (maybe 4.5).

Leana, rest up and feel better! It's a long competition--your health comes first!

Allyson, woohoo! I hate the elliptical, so you have impressed me! Six miles!

Excellent work team! I'm so impressed by how hard everyone is working on this! We'll get 'em tomorrow!

Betsy- Sorry missed it!

It's looking like I'll be going on my 3rd deployment prior to that and will be gone for that time frame. That and I heard it's selling out soon if it hasn't already, and either way I won't know in time to register. But it's looking like I'll be missing all the May WISH events. :sad2:

It's looking like I'll be going on my 3rd deployment prior to that and will be gone for that time frame. That and I heard it's selling out soon if it hasn't already, and either way I won't know in time to register. But it's looking like I'll be missing all the May WISH events. :sad2:

Grrr.... military not planning deployments around WISH events.... That's just wrong. ;) (DH served 8 years in the Army--deployments never come at a good time).

Let us know when you're leaving so we can throw a party thread for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter