Tell me about Mickey's ToonTown Madness

JulieNMM

Mouseketeer
We bought our tickets through AAA and will be staying at the GCH. It says we can participate in Mickey's ToonTown Madness on Wednesday morning.

What exactly is it and I assume it is different than EE, which is on Tuesday????

TIA!
JULIE

Going to DLR 7/10-13/2006
WDW 4/1-8/2006

You get into Toontown an hour early (they open about an hour after the park does) and Mayor Mickey and a bunch of other characters are there and they have a little presentation. Then they walk around for pics & sigs, from what I understand.

What do you have to do to gain entrance to this? I love this kinda thing!

We got ours & EE by purchasing 3 day park hopper bonus tickets off the DL website, along w/ our hotel rooms at Red Roof Inn. I'm not sure if the Toontown thing is included by buying *just* 3 day hoppers, or w/ a hotel res. but EE is included either way.

Emmo said:
What do you have to do to gain entrance to this? I love this kinda thing!

The only way to get Toontown Madness tickets is by booking a package (hotel & Hoppers) through WDTC or AAA.

We did this last Oct and had a blast. Characters came out for photo & autographs. Arounf 20-30 minutes into the hour the characters parade into City Hall where there's a ceremony and a seocial family get picked to be the honorary family of the day. Everyone gets button pins and lines for rides are minimal. You'll have a great time JulieNMM.

There's a city hall in ToonTown? (Sorry, I haven't been there for a while!) Or do you mean the main city hall by the main Disneyland entrance?

Also, where do you go? Just to the entrance to ToonTown as soon as the park opens?

Does the special family of the day get to ride in the parade? I've seen families in the parade and wondered how you get to be that special family. Any tips on getting picked to be that family??

Thanks!!
JULIE

victorandbellasmom said:
The only way to get Toontown Madness tickets is by booking a package (hotel & Hoppers) through WDTC or AAA.

We did this last Oct and had a blast. Characters came out for photo & autographs. Arounf 20-30 minutes into the hour the characters parade into City Hall where there's a ceremony and a seocial family get picked to be the honorary family of the day. Everyone gets button pins and lines for rides are minimal. You'll have a great time JulieNMM.

We have already got our hotel booked but not our tickets so I take it we have missed out on the Madness then!

Oh well, maybe next time ,Although I Don't think I'll ever get back there!

JulieNMM said:
There's a city hall in ToonTown? (Sorry, I haven't been there for a while!) Or do you mean the main city hall by the main Disneyland entrance?

Also, where do you go? Just to the entrance to ToonTown as soon as the park opens?

Does the special family of the day get to ride in the parade? I've seen families in the parade and wondered how you get to be that special family. Any tips on getting picked to be that family??

Thanks!!
JULIE

I think it's called the city hall IN toontown. It's the area between the bathrooms and the shop, where there are food vendors. I'm giving such a bad description of the area. But it's where there are tables and chairs by the gazebo. Yes, go directily to Toontown when the park opens. There should be a castmember by the gates collecting your tickets. The parade in Toontown isn't a full blown parade with floats, It's just the characters marching into that area. i have no idea how people get picked. Can't help you there. Have wonderful trip though.

Emmo said:
We have already got our hotel booked but not our tickets so I take it we have missed out on the Madness then!

Oh well, maybe next time ,Although I Don't think I'll ever get back there!

Oh that's too bad. I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway. On our trip last month, we were at Toontown at 10 minutes before it opened (on a non-EE day) and were the 1st ones in Toontown. We were the first family to see Mickey waving out from his house as well as Minnie too. We rode Gadget's go coaster two times without getting off since there wasn't anyone in line. We managed to snag photos & autographs with Mickey and Minnie and our kids got to skip with Pluto (hand in hand) from Chip N Dale's Treehouse to the "park" in Toontown where we got photos &autographs. This was all within the first 20 minutes of being in the park. Just get there early and you'll be able to do more in less time. Have a wonderful trip.

I meant the big parade that goes through the whole park. The last few times I've been there, they have had a "special" family that gets to ride in the parade and the announcer announces that they are the parade marshall (or something like that). I wonder if the special family of the day from ToonTown gets to be that special family, too.

Thanks for all the information, Victor and Bella's Mom and pinktink83!!! :grouphug:

JULIE

JulieNMM said:
I meant the big parade that goes through the whole park. The last few times I've been there, they have had a "special" family that gets to ride in the parade and the announcer announces that they are the parade marshall (or something like that). I wonder if the special family of the day from ToonTown gets to be that special family, too.

Thanks for all the information, Victor and Bella's Mom and pinktink83!!! :grouphug:

JULIE

No, the two are unrelated. The toon town family is picked right there in toon town. When we did it in Oct., I saw a couple official looking Disney people looking over the crowd. They found a family with triplets that were about 1 1/2 - 2 years old. Darling little kids. I watched them all chatting and pointing to that family. Soon after that they approached them and sure enough they were the family of toon town for the day.

The grand marshall of the big parade is picked in the park. There is an order of people to get to decide who its going to be- anyone special in the park (make a wish kids, etc), then there are a couple other depts with in disney that can recomend someone (they have friends in the park they can request it), Wedding planning, etc. Dont remember the exact pecking order. If they dont come up with someone that way, they pick a family at random- Usually a family that looks like they are really having fun, and would look happy being in the parade. Crying kids? They aren't going to pick you! :rotfl2: Nicely groomed, in your matching shirts and ears, happy kids? Much better chance! :lmao:

hlbtimes2 said:
Crying kids? They aren't going to pick you! :rotfl2: Nicely groomed, in your matching shirts and ears, happy kids? Much better chance! :lmao:

Well that leaves us out then!!! :rotfl2: Good advice, though!!

Thanks!
JULIE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter