Tell Me about The Wave

TinkFan12

Earning My Ears
We leave for WDW in just 9 days! :cool1: Currently, we have an ADR booked at Be Our Guest for lunch on our first MK day but we're leaning towards cancelling that because we don't really want to eat such a heavy meal on a hot day. We've done BOG in the past, and while we loved it, I really wish they would bring back the more casual lunch option.

Anyway, I saw there's some availability for lunch at The Wave the same day and am thinking of dropping out BOG ADR in favor of it since we've never eaten there and it would give us a nice break from the park not to mention the price tag is much more appetizing than BOG. The menu looks pretty limited right now but it looks to have something that everyone in our party would enjoy. We're a family of 5, with three teenage daughters. One is a more adventurous eater while the other two would be happy with a burger. How's the atmosphere, food, etc. What's your favorite menu item?

We went there for the 1st time a few years ago. We LOVED it! The food and atmosphere were fantastic, service was great, we really enjoyed it and were happy to have stumbled across it. I know the menu is more limited now, but I would definitely return.

We've eaten at The Wave. The food we've had has been very good and the service was also great. The bacon and eggs under the appetizers is a favorite of many. The burger on the lunch menu is also a fan favorite.

We had lunch at The Wave in July 2019 and the food was outstanding. I had the sustainable fish (salmon that day) and it was fantastic. We also had an excellent server and it had that feeling of a restaurant that really knew what they were doing.

As a place to go for great food, I'd love to go back. The atmosphere is relaxed, almost subdued. Leaving a really busy MK at lunch time and eating there felt like we were on another planet.

We had lunch at the Wave a few days ago. We had the bacon and eggs app, and while it was good, to us it was a one and done. If we were to go there again, we wouldn't order it.

I had the lunch combo of turkey sandwiche, spinach and gnocchi soup, and caesar salad, and all were beyond excellent for around $18. Himself had the chicken sandwich, which was top notch.

Service was above reproach, friendly and informative.

Personally, it's gonna be a sad day when they close it.

We had lunch at The Wave in July 2019 and the food was outstanding. I had the sustainable fish (salmon that day) and it was fantastic. We also had an excellent server and it had that feeling of a restaurant that really knew what they were doing.

As a place to go for great food, I'd love to go back. The atmosphere is relaxed, almost subdued. Leaving a really busy MK at lunch time and eating there felt like we were on another planet.

Thanks, I was hoping to hear that the fish is good. Oldest daughter and the husband love fish, but the rest of us don't eat it (or can't in my case) so we never have it at home despite living in the Pacific NW. So that's a huge positive for them.

I'm really liking the idea of leaving the park for a nice lunch nearby and then deciding if we go back to MK or head to back to the BC for some pool time.

We love the Wave. The food is excellent and prices are very reasonable (by Disney standards) for the quality of food. The atmosphere is kind of meh (think 70's airport lounge ) but it's fine. I think it would be a nice break from the heat and crowds on a MK day.

I am curious how they will change it during the refurb, though.

We had the bacon and eggs app, and while it was good, to us it was a one and done. If we were to go there again, we wouldn't order it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really don't get the hype. The grits were the best part, but I also got them with my pork tenderloin entree (which was excellent!).

It we have to eat near MK it is fine. I wouldn't leave MK for it. We are just as happy eating at LTT or Skipper Canteen. The bacon and eggs were average as far as Disney apps go and the steak doesn't crack my top ten at DW. My wife is vegan and didn't like that option either.

Hidden gem. Family Fave. Hope they don't change it too much when they close it for refurb (or whatever they're doing)

We went to The Wave last weekend. DH & I also went in January. We went for dinner both times and enjoyed it. Tried the bacon & eggs appetizer but I didn't care for it. Thought the crab cakes appetizer was good. We ordered 2 different desserts - carrot cake and a 7-layer cake (which is not on the menu). Both were good, but the 7-layer chocolate cake was better. The service both times was really good. I'd definitely go again.

Bacon & Eggs hands down the best app at WDW, and possible the best DISH in all of WDW, but best app is probably my classification for it.

Also, the used to be hidden Bao Buns, fantastic. I went recently, but can't remember if the Bao Buns are now on the lunch or dinner menu. Before, it wasn't at all and you had to ask for it. The Bao Buns are small in case you don't want a heavy meal and it uses the same pork belly as the Bacon & Eggs, but with a more kimchi/korean flavor, sooo good. My usual is the Bacon & Eggs and the Bao Buns.

But also the vegan dish is great and the Tenderloin, I believe. Def an easy place to get rezzies and perfect spot to eat if you're doing an MK or Resort loop day.

I’ve always been so pleasantly surprised by The Wave. We stayed at BLT in November, the mobile ordering was so convenient we ordered food multiple times from The Wave.

We would also hop over to the Poly for Captain Cooks or Kona. Both great options. Captain Cooks wings and nachos are SO good.

Discovered The Wave about a couple months after it opened in 2008 and have made sure to eat there every trip since. The proximity to MK is especially great since the table service options there aren't great. Good food with a unique menu and the service has always been great. It's also pretty quiet and the tables have some space in between them so a nice break from the parks.

We've been to The Wave a few times now. Mainly after they stopped delivering cakes into the parks so we needed a place nearby where we could still get a cake. The ambiance itself isn't anything exciting, but the food and service is always good. And yes, the price is much more reasonable than park options.

Went to the Wave last week for lunch. Cocktails were really nice. Reuben was very good. Hamburger was nicely dressed but the burger itself seemed to be steamed rather than grilled. It is also very big and suitable for splitting if you want to share it along with a shared app or dessert. I took half the burger off the bun and it was enough for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter