Tell me the must do's of Old Key West Resort

anett

Mouseketeer
I would like to know what the must Do's are of OKW. We are traveling with our 12 and 8 year old children. We own at BLT but have promised ourselves we would try all of the DVCs. So far, we have stayed at Saratoga, Kidani, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake a few times but it's time to try a new one. Please tell me what you love about the resort, some of it's secrets and must do's of the resort too!

the boat to DTD would be on the list.

a relaxing breakfast at olivia's is highly recommended.

I would like to know what the must Do's are of OKW. We are traveling with our 12 and 8 year old children. We own at BLT but have promised ourselves we would try all of the DVCs. So far, we have stayed at Saratoga, Kidani, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake a few times but it's time to try a new one. Please tell me what you love about the resort, some of it's secrets and must do's of the resort too!

The large pool near the hospitality house is nice with a water slide for the kids and a hot tub for you.
If you can book a room near the hospitality house, the last theme park bus stop is at the hospitality house and the first bus stop is nearby across the street (I think it's called Pennisular Road or something like that). You can work it so you get off from the theme parks there and get on at the HH so you don't have to ride all around OKW and go to all the stops. But, if it is crowded you may want to get on the bus first, too, at Pennisular Road. Also, there is an internal bus that goes within OKW and I think the downtown Disney bus stops first at the HH house.

I love the ambiance of OKW. We usually request ground floor rooms if possible, so we don't have to lug groceries and luggage up the stairs as most the buildings don't have elevators. Hope you have a magical trip.

We like to rent the surrey bikes there. The ground's so flat, it isn't hard work to pedal anywhere. And it's lots of fun!

We love OKW. Our favorite resort. You can play tennis, basketball, shuffle board, etc. we brought rackets and played tennis every day in March when we were there. There are bikes. The pool is very relaxing and lots of kids activities at the pool or the community house. The fitness center is small but sufficient equipment. Take the boat to downtown Disney. There are lots of good restaurants. Our fav is the Irish pub. Good food and Irish entertainment. Ask for the main room. I agree it is easier if you can get a room near the hospitality house. Much faster for busses and getting to activities. In the one and two bedroom suites there is a full size laundry room. And the rooms are the largest of all the resorts. No elevators at all but a couple of buildings but we don't mind lugging up stuff because of the better views.

The 1bdrm villas are HUGE! We stayed there with our two kids when they were 10 and 8 and loved it. We didn't request near HH because we wanted a building 30 or higher to have an entrance to the bathroom from the living room. We ended up in the Old Turtle Pond area in building 35 and it was a short walk to the HH area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter