Tell me the "weather" where you live.

So yesterday it was only 83F. I thought great I can do some yard work. What I didn't know was that it was 76% humidity and the light breeze from earlier in the day was gone. 2 Gallons of sweat later I finished cutting up the latest storm fall and string trimmed the whole yard. This evening is the easy work running stripes on the zero turn.

Since June has hit Central Texas every day has been over 100 with heat factor any where from 104 to 109. My AC has not turned off much. We have had good winds, but the last few days no wind just the Sahara Desert sand.

TN
Yesterday was beautiful. 85 sunny, low humidity with a breeze.
Now is 52. high of 84. Back to June weather.

@ 1:30 now it is 97 feels like 105 with 40% humidity. Starting Friday & Sunday our high will be 104 - Sat will be 105 not sure with heat factor how hot it will be. This is the worse June since 2008 for Central Texas.

Well folks, it's going to be a hot one today in Central Florida! Only 11:00 and it's already up there. Here's the weather station shot as well as the OTWWF. Also, a screen shot of the weather app.

20220624_110821.jpg
20220624_110858.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-10-38.png
    Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-10-38.png
    274 KB · Views: 2
Kris, Yes! we already have our coats out. lol Man, it has been so hot this whole month. July & Aug are always our hottest months, but not anymore. At least this year the humidity has been low.

We are having the heat from H - hottest June/July since 2008. Today 104 with heat factor 113. I can not get this Rv cool until the sun sets. We were honored with a nice heavy rain shower Sunday evening. Tomorrow high of 109 not sure what the heat factor will be. Everyone stay cool & be careful if outside working. Remember your animals to have them in AC with plenty of water.

104 today, Stormy. And our isn’t a dry heat. Humidity is pretty bad. My cousin from Phoenix is in town and she said it is ridiculous here. 😂

j

Humidity is a real killer (literally and figuratively). My first experience was in Chicago in July in the mid 80s. I felt like someone had slapped a wet rag across my face it was that hard to breathe. Sleeping at night was miserable, even with AC and I never felt completely dry. I don't know how people live in it. I lived 10 years in a city where the summertime highs could be 110+ for days on end with nights never getting below 90. But that dry heat was easier to tolerate than the 80s in Chicago in July.

Those memories prepared me for our 1st trip to WDW, but nDH had never experienced real humidity of any kind. I managed pretty well in April's average humidity, nDH thought he was going to die. We've been twice since in May, which was do-able too. People out here in CA always ask us why we never go to WDW/Florida 'in the Summer'. I just laugh at them.

Those memories prepared me for our 1st trip to WDW, but nDH had never experienced real humidity of any kind. People out here in CA always ask us why we never go to WDW/Florida 'in the Summer'. I just laugh at them.
We actually hit 105 yesterday and I think 103 today. Humidity was up higher today. We have a front coming through tonight that should cool us down into the upper 80s, but that means even higher humidity with the rain.

We always used to go to WDW in June, July, August when DS was in school. People wouldn't believe us when we said it was hotter in StL with the same humidity. The big difference is it only lasts 3 months or so in StL and not 8-9 months like in Florida. We also get the snow and below 0 temps in the winter. One of the reasons we will be moving south when we retire.

j

Last edited:
We actually hit 105 yesterday and I think 103 today. Humidity was up higher today. We have a front coming through tonight that should cool us down into the upper 80s, but that means even higher humidity with the rain.

We always used to go to WDW in June, July, August when DS was in school. People wouldn't believe us when we said it was hotter in StL with the same humidity. The big difference is it only lasts 3 months or so in StL and not 8-9 months like in Florida. We also get the snow and below 0 temps in the winter. One of the reasons we will be moving south when we retire.

Jim, we see on the news that you may have lots of flooding. Hope you are safe and minimal damage. We could use some rain here in Wisconsin. Sold our camper, but are spending a week in the Cabins in October. Take care, and hi to Donna, and Ian. Barb & Bikk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter