Tell me they are not going to tarp up the castle

Minky

Mouseketeer
Are they planning on wrapping it up to undo the decorations?? And if so when? Anybody know?

I was worried about them covering the castle in October, too, but I got some good answers in my thread entitled "Castle under wraps". Basically, what I've heard is that the last time they tarped up the castle it was for a major refurbishment including all new paint and roofing. The crowns and 50th decorations went up virtually overnight, so now that it's time to remove all that, people expect the same speediness. The other clue is that they have continued to schedule "Remember...Dreams Come True", which they couldn't possible perform without the castle. So, I think we're in luck!

Yes, I believe they only tarp to paint. When we went in September of 2004 the castle was tarped. It looked like a series of cubes or blocks! But I know for a fact they did fireworks then because when it was Imagine a Fantasy in the Sky. No castle projections for that show so it was a different scenario. I have video of fireworks going off over the "cubes". Not nearly as magical! In any case I am glad for all this October's visitors they are not covering the castle and Remember will go forward.

There are so many rumours floating around, I dont think anyone really knows whats going on. But on the disney site, I read that they will be tarping, but after the halloween season gets into full swing, which will probably be mid to late october. They said they are tarping to repaint and take the crowns down. But I doubt that will take a long time if the castle does get tarped up.

This is what I read on the disney website. But maybe they changed it. I dunno!

I just checked the schedule for Oct 10-29 on Disneyland.com and there is absolutely no mention of the castle being closed. If it was going to be tarped, it would say that the castle is closed. Also, Remember is scheduled for every Friday and Saturday in October (remember, that doesn't mean it'll actually get shown--windy season) and there's no way they'd be able to do the show with tarps up--can you say major fire hazard?

ugh dont scare me like that! I know its windy season, but for me theres only like 1 MAYBE 2 chances of season Remember and as my first time going to DL and having it over before I get a chance to go back im in panik mode right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter