• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me why you love gran destino tower

Bird003

Mouseketeer
We currently have standard tower room booked for October. We have never stayed there . We love Caribbean beach. Worried our six year old daughter will not like it. Any information would be much appreciated

Convenience. So much less walking than other hotels when you stay in the tower. Rooms aren’t Pirate rooms but I don’t think they’re any less themed than CBR. They might feel much brighter with the floor to ceiling windows. Fancy chandeliers and lots of chairs in the lobby. Elevators always look fun for kids, plug in the floor and it assigns you an elevator. (And for parents sanity kids can’t go crazy pushing buttons in the elevator cause there are none!) Pool has that giant pyramid.

Before Disney refurbished WL & Poly I thought GDT had the nicest rooms on property. I’m excited for my next stay there!

Rooms are nice and new and bright. Less walking with the tower. Pyramid pool & slide are great for that age. Indoor walkway to restaurants.

We currently have standard tower room booked for October. We have never stayed there . We love Caribbean beach. Worried our six year old daughter will not like it. Any information would be much appreciated
My Ds always loved it , my dd did not, However the new tower changes everything. It is really pretty ! The staircase looks cool etc, things a girl would love.

The grounds are so pretty and lush too. The shops and stuff are fun as well/ lots for a kid to like.

We have stayed at all but 1 and have to say we all have favorites vs not favorite but I enjoyed them all. Sometimes I cheated however to push the scales. Ice cream for breakfast? A treat at night or at the pool? Suddenly they love that resort lol.

WAY more dining options than Caribbean Beach. Even those it's big it doesn't feel as impossibly spread out to me either.

Also, if you're staying in the Tower, it's the last bus stop before you head off to the parks. Which is nice. I'd rather take the extra stops coming back than going there.

I haven't stayed there, but one of the things that is interesting to me is the closed hallways and the big windows. One thing I dislike generally about the value and moderate resorts is the motel style set up where your window looks into a walkway. I feel like you can't really open your window without people peering in. It just doesn't feel that private. I would love to actually be able to open my window without having people walk in front of it. Plus with how high the tower goes you should be able to get some really nice views. I think from some angles you can see Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and maybe some fireworks from both.

We have stayed at CSR at least a dozen times, most recently in March. We will be visiting the resort again at the end of the month. We have stayed in the Tower once. It was very nice. But, for two adults I can't justify the added price (for our visit it is almost $200 more for our 3 night stay). We love the Cabanas area. I love having the quiet pool right there if we don't feel like walking to the Dig Site. I love the resort in general. I don't plan on being in the room that much so for us, I rather take that money and go for a nice meal at one of the resorts. What I really miss is the Cabanas 9B building that used to have the Business Class lounge in it. That was great. Not a full concierge experience but a nice continental breakfast in the am and snack in the afternoon and beer, wine or sangria in the evening with appetizers. This was before the Tower was built.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter