Temperature checks post Covid19 Disney World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrexTrav

Registered
Isn’t temperature checks at the gates goes against the constitution or even done right? It always seems very time consuming. There has to be a better way.

No. Taking precautions in the name of public health is not against the Constitution in any way, shape or form.

"in the name of public health." There is no exception to the Constitution for "public health." However, I believe that since Disney is private property they can set all sorts of requirements.

They can likely require it since it is private property. Some local governments are already requiring it so I believe it will be a while before we start seeing lawsuits (and they'll surely come). There are all sorts of legal problems.

But on a practical level there are all sorts of problems with this.

• It will cause a line at the entrance. It's not as fast as everyone makes it sound. You'll have to be in a line, stand still, be scanned, then move on. Even if this process took only 5-10 seconds, it would make a line very long.
  • More employees will be needed and they'll have to be trained.
  • What exactly is a fever? 100? 101? 102? Babies frequently have temps of 100 and that is not considered a fever by any doctor.
  • Most of the devices used internationally measure surface temperatures. Given that temps in Florida at 97 + very high humidity there could be lots of false readings.
  • The devices are notoriously inaccurate and give lower than normal readings (not a huge deal if you're measure an AC vent but a big deal if you need a precise temperature of a human (they weren't designed for humans).
  • What are you going to do if you encounter somebody with a fever? Are you going to notate on their membership that they can't enter for X number of days? Is that a health record? How are going to keep somebody from going to a different park to enter? Or if they come back tomorrow or the next day?
If I had to guess, they'll implement this for a little while a first. We being the sheep we are will accept the security theater even though airports have report zero instances of catching anybody with a fever (other countries tried it in other countries and it didn't work....it's because the thermometer guns are not designed for it and consistently report lower temps). Eventually, the virus will be accepted as everyday life just like the Flu, H1N1, and SARS, and other diseases for which we have no cure.

Not interested in being on vacation and having a day’s park admission being useless along with the fast passes that would likely be in play . Yes, I’m assuming I have a 5 day pass for a 5 day vacation or similar and then I get turned away and am told I need to go back to my hotel room until I feel better. Even though I feel fine. These things are inaccurate to be certain, but they will do it to make folks think they are keeping people safe. Problem is, you can have the virus and be contagious and not have a fever. Don’t worry though, ticket prices will go up to cover the cost of this perceived value to the park goers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter