Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I have a question:
My 25 yo DD was originally ony going to be able to join us for 2 days, so I got her a 2 day ticket and made park reservations for all 5 of our family. Now she is able to go for our whole trip, so I added 2 days to her ticket and booked her park reservations to match the rest of us. When I look at MDE, on the first 2 days, it lists all 5 of us together, ie: "Disney Park Pass, Disney Hollywood Studios, 5 guests". For the 2nd 2 days, she is listed separately ie: "Disney Park Pass, Disney Hollywood Studios, 4 guests"; and then "Disney Park Pass, Disney Hollywood Studios, 1 guest". Will this be a problem when trying to get a boarding group on our 2nd DHS day? Will it automatically join all of us, or just 4? Do you think it's worth a phone call to Disney to get us all listed together, or doesn't it matter? Thanks! We are going in August.
Anyone listed in your F&F list, whether managed by you or not, who has a DHS park reservation that day will automatically be included in your BG. If for some reason anyone is left out, just see a Guest Experience CM in a blue shirt, and they’ll fix it. No worries!

I just tested it for the first time since we're going in September. Got in right at 1pm and was able to get to the "is everyone in the park" screen. When I went back to try it a 2nd time at around 45 seconds after 1pm, the queue was no longer enrolling guests. It is scary how fast these go but I guess that's part of the thrill.

Since I have to get up at 4:55 am CST tomorrow to try to book our dining plans, I'll test the 7am strategy. Thanks for the tips.

Since I have to get up at 4:55 am CST tomorrow to try to book our dining plans, I'll test the 7am strategy. Thanks for the tips.

I think some of the ADRs might now open at 5:45 EST. Probably not what you want to hear...

ETA a picScreenshot_20210703-143749_Chrome.jpg

I think some of the ADRs might now open at 5:45 EST. Probably not what you want to hear...

On the contrary, this is exactly what I want and need to hear. Thanks! I checked today since Sept 1 is the 60 day window and I see the pink outline around Sept 2-6 which is when our trip is. So good to know the system shows our window.

has anyone successfulily gotten a BG using Disney WIFI? My room has very poor cellular reception. TIA

has anyone successfulily gotten a BG using Disney WIFI? My room has very poor cellular reception. TIA
Curious what resort you are at? T mobile just sent me a sim card to change from sprint and all of the sudden my cell service is crap! I was planning on not using the Disney wifi. I arrive tomorrow.

Curious what resort you are at? T mobile just sent me a sim card to change from sprint and all of the sudden my cell service is crap! I was planning on not using the Disney wifi. I arrive tomorrow.

Download an app that tests your signal strength in real time as you move around and go outside of your resort room and take a stroll around your resort to see where your signal is the strongest. At 6:45 in the morning walk out there to that same spot and test your signal strength again. If it's still the same and the best signal strength you can get then try it from there. That's what I'm going to do.

I got a boarding group in January in my AoA room on wifi. I tested speed with the SpeedTest app several times including about 10 minutes before 7. Speed was typically faster on Cell Data, but that last test data slowed way down, so I shut it off and just used wifi and got BG 27.

I got a 1:00 BG for my friends family from home this past week! It was so much fun, so exciting! My coworker and I were jumping up and down and screaming in our office (thankfully we were still on lunch) The countdown to 1 was pretty tense even though I personally didn’t have a stake in the game. I’m sure I will be a nervous wreck trying for my own fam in August. I was super relieved that my “process“ does in deed work!
I’m reading about so many people “practicing” at 1:00, but I thought we had to be in the parks for the 1:00 one. Is that not the case anymore?

I’m reading about so many people “practicing” at 1:00, but I thought we had to be in the parks for the 1:00 one. Is that not the case anymore?
You can still practice at 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. . You just can't go all the way through and get an actual boarding pass.

I did

my issue was the ride was down for most of the day and screwed up plans in order to ride.
got BG 35 with est return at 11:15, after multiple break downs finally got on around 5 and that wasn’t easy either as the CM said ourtime past and acted like you were not able to join for breakdowns after the fact.

anyway first time rider, pretty cool experience.
Not sure it’s worth all the hassle though

Oh no. I just got notification to pick up a new SIM card for the 5 of us on my plan, also originally Sprint.

do you have to be in the park at 7am? I thought it doesn’t open till 9am right now?

just trying to figure it out for an upcoming trip.

do you have to be in the park at 7am? I thought it doesn’t open till 9am right now?

just trying to figure it out for an upcoming trip.

For the morning one no. You do not have to be tapped into the park. As to when they actually let you in I have no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter