Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I practiced at 1pm, and sure enough, no one from friends & family was selected. I guess the format has changed when practicing. For those who are actually in the parks with park tickets and park passes, has it been confirmed that friends & family ARE still selected?

Tried this morning and yes, our group was preselected like normal. No luck at getting a BG so fingers crossed for 1pm
I practiced at 1pm, and sure enough, no one from friends & family was selected. I guess the format has changed when practicing. For those who are actually in the parks with park tickets and park passes, has it been confirmed that friends & family ARE still selected?

DarlingDonald says their group was preselected this morning when they had a park reservation for today. So yes, for those folks it sounds like everything is operating as it had been previously.

In essence practicing is over. Well that stinks. My trip is a month out...might be rusty.
Personally I'm still going to practice. Taking the time to very quickly hit 'select all' will still help me with clicking the Join, Join, Join buttons as they're in different places on the screen.

I still feel practice will be beneficial but each person will make that decision for themselves.

Question. Assuming I get an early ROTR Boarding group (really, I would be super happy if I got ANY boarding group but here’s a question) and I also get to HS early for Rope drop. Is there enough time to get on even 1 or 2 rides (Tower of Terror? Smuggler’s run) before my early boarding group will be called or do I sort of “waste” the early entry into the park because I won’t have enough time to get on anything and complete the ride before I have to board with my boarding group?
Any thoughts? (Main priorities for HS before park hopping to Epcot at 2 are ROTR, smuggler’s run, tower of terror and rock and roller coaster).
thanx in advance.

I haven't been there in a bit but when we went last (Feb 2020, pre COVID) we got there at rope drop and then we ended up in a boarding group about 11am. So we had plenty of time for other rides. I want to say your boarding group is like an hour window I think. So even if it was time and you were in line you should have time to get there :)

Question. Assuming I get an early ROTR Boarding group (really, I would be super happy if I got ANY boarding group but here’s a question) and I also get to HS early for Rope drop. Is there enough time to get on even 1 or 2 rides (Tower of Terror? Smuggler’s run) before my early boarding group will be called or do I sort of “waste” the early entry into the park because I won’t have enough time to get on anything and complete the ride before I have to board with my boarding group?
Any thoughts? (Main priorities for HS before park hopping to Epcot at 2 are ROTR, smuggler’s run, tower of terror and rock and roller coaster).
thanx in advance.

Last I heard, when your boarding group is called you have an hour to get to the ride. I wouldn’t shoot for anything in Toy Story Land until after Rise of the Resistance, but most other rides you should be fine. Smuggler’s Run only if you make a bee line after rope drop.

There should be time. You get 1 hour to get to ROTR once your boarding group is called, so in the event the ride is up and running right at park open, you should be able to get at least one ride in.

I got BG4 and we rope dropped DHS. We were able to ride MFSR twice, go to Droid Depot (just to look around and get a small gift, not do a build), and have milks before our window opened at like 9:30 I want to say? First group opens at official park opening, so you could squeeze stuff in for that window.

Getting an early boarding group forced my hand regarding rides: I was always planning on Smuggler's Run as my rope drop, the boarding group only strengthened that opinion. If I had got a BG likely to board around 11, I might have shifted the family to go knock out ToT and RnR and then head into GE, wait in line for MFSR and ride RotR at that point.

All super helpful. Thx.
I guess the follow on question is “do we rope drop Tower or Smugglers Run?”

Practice today, I did have to hit select, then I got to a screen that said something like wait, you don’t have park reservations

does that mean I was successful?

Hi all. Thank you for all of your awesome tips. We'll be at WDW next month so I've been practicing on the MDE app. However, since the last MDE app update 3 days ago, there have been some issues. Has anyone else had problems practicing this week? If I click on the ATAT, it stops to check my face id, which it's never done before, then says that tickets in my party need to be linked. We two families of 5 - all 10 of us have been linked for weeks. By the time I get to the virtual cue, it's full. If I click the "hamburger" and choose virtual cues, I get a red error message that says "something went wrong. We're having trouble confirming your selection" and the join virtual cue button is ghosted. I've been practicing both methods for weeks now and have had success but the past few days have brought these weird glitches. I've reinstalled the app twice & it hasn't helped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Practice today, I did have to hit select, then I got to a screen that said something like wait, you don’t have park reservations

does that mean I was successful?
Yes
Hi all. Thank you for all of your awesome tips. We'll be at WDW next month so I've been practicing on the MDE app. However, since the last MDE app update 3 days ago, there have been some issues. Has anyone else had problems practicing this week? If I click on the ATAT, it stops to check my face id, which it's never done before, then says that tickets in my party need to be linked. We two families of 5 - all 10 of us have been linked for weeks. By the time I get to the virtual cue, it's full. If I click the "hamburger" and choose virtual cues, I get a red error message that says "something went wrong. We're having trouble confirming your selection" and the join virtual cue button is ghosted. I've been practicing both methods for weeks now and have had success but the past few days have brought these weird glitches. I've reinstalled the app twice & it hasn't helped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
this is new. You may want to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it corrects the problem.

I have face recognition on my phone also but it isn’t stopping to do a scan.

The only new thing I’ve had to add since the update is clicking select all before the final Join.

Hopefully reinstalling helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter