Teppanyaki Dining Room with Kids?

SuperDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
On our upcoming trip to WDW, we'd love to go to Teppanyaki Dining room in Japan @ EPCOT. We've got a 6 year old and a 3 year old. Can anyone tell me if it will be appropriate for the kids? Do they cook kids stuff too?

Your little ones will have a goodtime and I have seen many times the chef at your table do cute little tricks for the kids.Last time we dined at Teppanyaki a family dined with us that had 3 children 4yo,6yo and 8 yo all had a great time and we did to.:wave2:

They'll really enjoy it! If you've never taken them to Benihanas or something similar, I think they're esp think its cool... =)

They should enjoy, it is our favorite restaurant in Epcot!

Unfortunately they don't have the normal children's stuff but they do have a chicken dish with veggies. We took dd when she was 3, although she didn't eat anything she enjoyed the show. Next time I'd just take something for her. If you're children aren't too picky they may enjoy the children's offerings. But, it is a fun show for the kids to watch!

This is my son's favorite place to eat. It is the only place he requested that we eat at again for our trip next month. :bounce: :teeth: ::MinnieMo

We took our DDs in December, they were 14, 12, 8 & 7. They all LOVED it!! They loved the show and the food. Go and have FUN! :jumping1:

We ate here several times when our girls were younger, although not as young as 3. They loved the entertainment and the food! It's a great place to bring kids!:wave2:

princess:

Our kids enjoyed it (4 and 5 last trip). And if your kid enjoy grilled chicken and rice, they will have something to eat.

One thing to be aware of, the grill is very hot and only inches from little hands. They seat kids down at the end where the grill is cooler, but if you are a particularly cautious parent or have particuarly fidgety kids, you may not be comfortable here with small ones. Its also hard to help two kids who need help when one is out of your reach.

Teppanyaki Dining Room with Kids? I never get to decide, always the number one pick from all my neices/nephews. They all want to eat there. (ages 4-19)

You guys got me fired up to try Teppanyaki this trip so I called and got a PS for 6! We've never tried it as some in our group doesn't like oriental food, but this trip I think I've got just the right bunch to go. Myself, a girlfriend from work, and 4 girls ages 7-11. I'm excited as I've been wanting to eat there! Thanks for this thread!

We've eaten there on all our trips, the chef keeps the kids entertained while we can rest and have a cool drink!! My kids love this type of restaurant. My one daughter who survives on junk food and churros (I think so anyway) ordered just the white rice, and they brought it out to her. And she ate 2 of the veggies off my plate, so I didn't order her an entree and they were fine with this!

They love it! I remember when I was little, I went there, and it was probably one of my best Disney Memories. They give you special easy chopsticks if your a kid. And everyone is so nice to you. The chef talks to you, and the food is unbelieveably good. Its a very "Disney" place. Enjoy!::MickeyMo

My DS will eat anything with ketchup so we brought some in with us and the chef was "scandalized" ;) . He made several dumb jokes just for DS who thought he was a hoot. We really enjoyed our dinner there. They make it fun for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter