Terrific News!

FayeW

DIS Veteran
As many of you may remember, my DH is currently in Afghanistan, and we had been planning our first trip to Disney when he returns in Feb. I just emailed him and he agreed to switch our trip to Dec, when he gets his 3 week break. I am so excited!! I was just playing around looking at prices/availability and the 2 bdrm I want on skyauction is available for the time we would be looking at and the price for the 4 of us to fly out of Syracuse on Transmeridian is $885. Cdn, all tax & charges in. I've already reserved a rental through Dollar for $259 U.S inclusive for the 10 days.
The only thing I am concerned about is that we should probably forget about doing Discovery Cove, I am afraid of committing to that much money when (cold) weather/water could be a factor. I am disappointed about it, I really wanted the kids to experience the dolphin swim. What do you guys think, should we chance the weather or just do more days at Disney (we were only going to go for 1 day to MK)?

When are you planning on going in December? We went two years ago December 1-8 or so and it was boinging hot. I never had to wear the pants or sweater I brought! But we were talking to a CM at Epcot about the great weather, he was telling us that the year prior at the same time it was freezing. Someone on here should know if the water is heated. Maybe try asking on the Seaworld board! Good Luck
Twinz

We went last year from the 3rd to the 10th. It poured freezing cold rain one day but cleared up for MVMCP that evening. Needed to wear long sleeves and jackets. Rest of week was anywhere between 10 - 16 degrees. Our fall weather I guess.

Well, just like that, we are ready to go! I just made our airline reservations, I am thrilled at the price for a direct flight, we are literally saving half the price of flying out of Ottawa. I also reserved our room through skyauction. I had been wanting OLCC, but after seeing all the terrific reviews for Cypres GrandVillas, I was leaning heavily towards them. There was nothing for OLCC left for our time frame, so I am happy to report that I took a 2bdrm at CGV. Part of the reason I thought about switching our dates was because I was getting nervous about nothing showing on skyauction for our dates in Feb/March., and I knew I had to book airfare soon. My kids are thrilled about going sooner, and don't mind that we won't do DC. We are also missing my work Christmas party, my very generous bosses take the whole office, and their families, to a luxury resort for skiing, etc, for a weekend in Dec. We had a terrific time last year, but it will still be there, maybe we'll go ourselves when DH is home for good in Feb.

hmmm...office ski party vs. WDW...:scratchin
JMO...I think you made the right choice!

So glad you and your family have a fabulous vacation to look forward to...sooner rather than later! :sunny:

Hi :)

The Dolphin swim is wonderful but I agree you could have some bad weather and that would definately affect your enjoyment.

At SeaWorld there is a large Dolphin area where you can feed and pet them for as long as you want... really good interaction, they are hungry and come close for food and will allow you to touch them.

If you can't do Discovery Cove... maybe this will help with the dolphin craving.

The rest of the park is nice too.. rides, shows, games... :)

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter