Terrified First Timer for TTC parking-advice and tips-please!!

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We are in the parks atleast once a month but usually have a room reservation and after years of being a Disney pro-I have never had to park at the TTC. We were meeting friends with a reservation this Tuesday 1/30/24 and they have cancelled so I am now terrified to experience the TTC, lol. We will be driving in and wont arrive until around noon but plan on staying until park close at 11 pm. Are there any tips to keep in mind as far as what area to park in or do the attendants direct you all day long? It is supposed to be chilly and a low crowd day with fireworks at 8 so I am hoping it will be calmer by 11, but how long should I expect it to take to get to the car and exit the parking lot? I really hope I am making it much worse than it will be in my head but Ive heard so many TTC horror stories and dont want to have one myself :) I am an AP and would consider Preferred parking if it was worth the extra money. I was also considering Valet at Contemporary if that is an option. Thanks in advance for any support and tips!!

I’ve never had a bad experience at the TTC so am not sure what you’ve heard. It is SO organized and MDE even tracks where you leave you car. I wouldn’t be concerned at all. My experience is that there will be people guiding you where to park.

Go and have fun. You’ll be just fine!

We’ve never had a problem either, and we drive to MK pretty often even when staying onsite. As above, the CMs will direct you where to park, all the way to which space. The most important thing is to note which side you’re on - Villains or Heroes (they are separate tram routes!)- and which character section, and MDE makes that very easy too. If you’re leaving several hours after fireworks, you’ll miss the giant crowds boarding the ferry or monorail, so you should be able to cross the lagoon and catch the tram back to your car in less than 30 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for ferry/monorail or tram and how far from the tram dropoff spot your car is.

Yes, Preferred is available if you want to pay for it, or you could pay more to valet park at CR.

If you’re considering paying Preferred (around $20 upgrade cost), it’s not much more more money to do valet at Contemporary ($33) and that would skip going back and forth over 7 seas lagoon, saving as much as an hour of your time.

TTC experience in regular parking can range from good to feeling like a six leg backpacking journey through Europe if you get a far away spot (possible at 11am) that’s a decent walk to tram pick-up, then transferring to ferry or monorail and then again all that in reverse at the end of a long tiring day. People survive lol though t can be worth the money to avoid the chance of your timings and distance being a hassle.

It was bad when trams weren't running, but now there isn't really anything to be scared about. Cast members will be directing traffic at 11, then you walk to the tram pickup and make the choice of boat or monorail to MK. Then do the reverse at night.

We are in the parks atleast once a month but usually have a room reservation and after years of being a Disney pro-I have never had to park at the TTC. We were meeting friends with a reservation this Tuesday 1/30/24 and they have cancelled so I am now terrified to experience the TTC, lol.
We shared that fear a few years ago when we made the big jump from on site to off site. That first trip to the TTC was a bit worrisome. But other than the time involved it was fairly painless. There are cast members to guide you to a parking spot. Make sure to make note of your isle number and parking lot name. The parking lot is divided into two major sections, Heroes and Villains. Your lot name will tell you which section you are in. You will then queue up to wait for a tram unless one happens to be sitting there filling up. Once you get off the tram you will make your way through security and then head to either the monorail or the ferry which is off to the left as you exit security. On very rare occasions cast members might redirect you to a bus.

If you haven't already take a few minutes and google map the TTC and take a look at the satellite view to get a sense to the TTC layout. you can see the paths the trams take through the parking lots and to the front of the TTC.

When you go leave the park you can once again decide whether you want monorail or ferry. We always take the ferry as it seems like the capacity is higher.

Once you get back to the TTC make your way to either the Hero or Villain section tram. They will drop you off at your lot and from there you can find your isle and head to your car.

I will say that if you are willing to pay for Preferred parking it is nice to be able to walk to the TTC.
Have a pixiedust:visit!

exactly....hardly a terrifying experience....just takes a while to get thru there overall. I try to avoid it if possible for that reason, but it's not terrifying

Would love to know the outcome because yesterday I walked past the Contemporary Valet and made a note to report that Yes they still offered Valet and I thought of the original poster .
Hope her day was filled with fun !

We usually drive to MK from Epcot resort area. We allow an hour from hotel to gate but lately hasn’t been that long. Attendants will direct you where to park. In regular parking, the trams will take you to the security entrance at the TTC. If parking in preferred, you may need to walk. Then choose the ferry or monorail to get to MK. It seems to take forever cuz you’re excited but it really isn’t that long. You're dropped outside the MK gates where you scan your tickets and you’re there. Even arriving late morning to noon in late January, the lot wasn’t particularly crowded. We’ve never felt it worth it to upgrade to preferred parking.

Reverse procedure to leave. There will be massive crowds if you exit with the crowd after the evening fireworks show. We choose to do more rides usually leaving at closing time and crowds are not bad. Trams usually not too bad, but they will hold them a few minutes to fill them up as you get later at night.

No idea why you think parking @ TTC is 'terrifying'? If you have been to Disney multiple times in the past, you already know the general layout of where things are. All Disney parking lot have attendants to direct you where to park. If they didn't do that it would become a free for all as people tried to drive all over the place looking for something closer to the entrance.

Exiting once the parks close can take longer since LOTS of others will all be doing the same thing.

Her trip was for January .
Hopefully she made the right decision for herself and companion and will offer a reply

The parking lot attendants end their shift but the trams are still in service.
Dont forget it is confusing and easy to get lost at night and a possibility of mechanical problems with auto… etc

Thanks to all for checking in and the great advice! We did end up surviving the TTC and while I did not love it at all, I would do it again if necessary :) Of course, I forgot my ID in the car and we got to experience multiple tram rides but other than more time consuming and incovenient than walking over from Bay Lake or a boat ride from Wilderness it is organized and the tram guys were hilarious. I was curious if we got a "good day" but they really made the trip more interesting. We stayed almost an hour after park close so my car was the only one left in the area where we parked making an easy exit after a long day. I cannot imagine trying to leave with the mass crowds after fireworks and would wait until after close if we ever park TTC again.

From standing on the road at the front of the castle to being dropped off from the tram, allow a good hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter