test post

diberry

DIS Veteran
Testing to see if I've finally worked out how to add an image to a post!!!
46320724sm.jpg

well it worked but now I've got to work out how to make it big enough to see!!!!!

wow - amazing - it worked!!! though still not as big as I'd like but it will do. Trip report follows tomorrow hopefully - or at least part of it!
Anyone know how to resize piccies please?

Not sure if you're the right person to ask ;) but how do you get a picture on?
Anthony

Well, I can certainly understand your hesitation!!! I knew I'd have forgotten how to do it the next time I needed it so it wrote it down for myself in words of one syllable!! Here it is:

To add photos to a message board you have to put it on the Internet first to get an address (or URL!!) for them. You can use a web hosting site like www.photobucket.com or your own printer may have one ("publish this photo to the web" or similar in the list of options next to the photos) or DIS has its own:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/index.php
I found using my own printer's the easiest as my pictures were obviously already there.

When you've got a web address for the photos you need to:
1. rightclick on the photo you want to use
3. properties
4. rightclick on URL address
5. select all
6. rightclick again
7. copy
8. go back to the text where you want to insert the photo
9. type:
with no spaces

Your computer might have a slightly different way of doing it but basically it should work ok.
I had problems with the size (as you may have noticed!!) but the website where you've "hosted" your pictures should have options like" original size" or something similar which will let you use a bigger than thumbnail size. If you use that larger size to do the above procedure you should get a decent sized result.
DIS also has an excellent site with all sorts of help :

Problems: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=2770

Hope this helps!!

Now why did it leave out the essential bit of information from point 9??? Computers definitely know when they're dealing with amateurs!!!
I'll try again: you have to type
immediately afterwards including the square brackets each time and with no spaces.
Hope this appears ok

I haven't done anything to them. I was really pleased with myself for finally working out how to do it and the next time I looked they'd disappeared. I haven't got a photobucket account - I did it from my printer's "publish to the web" option. I thought maybe the moderators had taken them off because I need permission or something. Boo! Hoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter