Test Track...scary OR not?

Originally posted by thatdarncat
I haven't been to Disney since 96'. Alot has changed. There's all these great new rides not to mention Animal Kingdon and new countries in Epcot.

Epcot has not added any countries during the last 8 years.

It breaks down way too much- that is what is scary about it. Stuck in the car with a screaming DD and a frightened Mother for 10 minutes was enough to order therapy for the rest of my life.

:crazy:

Is one of my favorites. It's not scary at all (and I can be a wimp on thrill rides)

The fast outdoor lap is great!

I am not a thrill ride person at all and I LOVE Test Track! You drive faster on the highway than you go on the outside track part of Test Track. It's like being in a convertible on the highway! Can't wait to go back on it in September!!:hyper:

My dd 11 loves test track and hates roller coasters. It took a little convincing to get her to ride it the first time, but after that she was hooked. I, on the other hand, find it a little scary when you go around that hairpin turn at 60+ mph. I agree with a previous post that said the scary thing about it is the number of break downs.

tkay

Originally posted by MollyBelle
I am a 39 yr old "wuss mom" who won't ride TOT OR Mission Space ... (rode RRC once with pressure from 7 yr old child - not again)...

Anyway, TEST TRACK IS MY FAVORITE RIDE!!! I loooove it.

This is me MollyBelle! I am also 39 and I just love TEST TRACK! You won't get me on TOT or RRC though. In Sept 2002 we rode this ride time and time again. The CM's just let us stay on so many times in a row we lost count. :teeth:

the only remotely scary part is when you think you are about to do a full up crash test. And that isnt scary IMHO

Not scary at all! Even my mother rode it and she absolutely hates fast rides!

Enjoy your trip back to WDW!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I find it extremely boring. My daughter, OTOH, likes it.

She is 5, though.

My 76 Yr old mother rode it in May. I knew she would be fine...but she kept asking, are you sure I'll be ok on this? We knew she would be and she really loved it. Kept saying, "That "fast track" ride was fun!" LOL. I think she was getting fast pass and test track mixed up!<G>

Nancy

I am scared to death of speeding, braking, etc in a car. Call me crazy but after three terrible accidents I'm a car riding wuss. I enjoy the ride, altough I'll admit that first couple of times I was shaking. The braking without ABS was kinda scary for me as was the acceleration outside.
But now that I know I'm safe, know what to expect, etc I'm fine and love this ride! :bounce:

I'm with FatCow - "boring". My kids thought it was fun, but I just don't get why anyone would wait in those long lines for it. If you do it, use FastPass.

I just asked my DS7, who really doesn't like the scary rides at all, and he said Test Track was very cool, which is my opinion too. We all loved it, and my DS and DH even bought Test Track hats when they finished the ride. I think you'll like it! Have fun!

dixieamy:bounce: :earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter