TF Green 5am flight

happily single

Left foot first!
While I normally flight out of TF Green, we normally arrive about 4:30am

Any suggestions on what time I should arrive for a 5am Southwest flight to MCO? I am flying solo so no worries about getting multiple people thru TSA

TF Green is a great airport- easy to check bags, get printed boarding pass, and go through TSA security. On average for my early morning flights, it takes me about 30 minutes or less to accomplish these tasks.Have a wonderful trip

TF Green is a great airport- easy to check bags, get printed boarding pass, and go through TSA security. On average for my early morning flights, it takes me about 30 minutes or less to accomplish these tasks.Have a wonderful trip

Does this hour timeframe still apply today for TF Green? I booked a 5:30 am flight for me and the family, only 3 of us, for a Saturday morning in June, and I'm already debating on when to get there. Normally I like to get to an airport 2 hours in advance, but TF Green is so much smaller than Logan in Boston that I doubt I need to get there that early.

Does this hour timeframe still apply today for TF Green? I booked a 5:30 am flight for me and the family, only 3 of us, for a Saturday morning in June, and I'm already debating on when to get there. Normally I like to get to an airport 2 hours in advance, but TF Green is so much smaller than Logan in Boston that I doubt I need to get there that early.
I don't think you need two hours at TF green, and depending on travel time, we have given ourselves only a half hour, but that depends how long it takes you to get through the lines. We missed our flight once (pre TSA when we gave ourselves only a half hour). We now always get there an hour before.

I am a stickler for arriving two hours before a flight. However, that airport is so small and so easy to get to the gates, that at that hour I've arrive about 3:30 to park. You should be good to go.

I don't think you need two hours at TF green, and depending on travel time, we have given ourselves only a half hour, but that depends how long it takes you to get through the lines. We missed our flight once (pre TSA when we gave ourselves only a half hour). We now always get there an hour before.
An hour to 90 mins. Wouldn't go less than an hour

I am a stickler for arriving two hours before a flight. However, that airport is so small and so easy to get to the gates, that at that hour I've arrive about 3:30 to park. You should be good to go.

Thanks for the replies, everyone, I do appreciate it. I love traveling, and the airport experience is part of the vacation for me, though it can be stressful. The stressful part is getting there, but once I'm there I start to destress, through I fully relax once I'm through check-in and security. Having said that, I have flown through TF Green a few times in the last 24 years and it's always been easy. The last time I have flown through TF Green it was me and the Mrs., and we were heading to New Mexico to see family. We got there 2 hours in advance like we were supposed to and were through check-in and security in about 30 mins., which makes me question how much I need for this trip. Do I really need the full 2 hours that early in the morning, or can we dial it back a bit? Initially we thought about arriving at about between 4:15 am and 4:30 am, though I'm thinking 4 am just to be safe (parking, grabbing our luggage and getting to the terminal). Thanks again, everyone

While I normally flight out of TF Green, we normally arrive about 4:30am

Any suggestions on what time I should arrive for a 5am Southwest flight to MCO? I am flying solo so no worries about getting multiple people thru TSA
Southwest suggests 90 minutes. SW starts boarding around 30 minutes before departure. Are you just trying to make your flight? Do you qualify for preboarding? Do you expect ah A boarding position?
We missed our flight once
A poster on.a different forum said a pax who never missed a flight is a pax who wasted too mamy hours on airports through the.years.

Does this hour timeframe still apply today for TF Green? I booked a 5:30 am flight for me and the family, only 3 of us, for a Saturday morning in June, and I'm already debating on when to get there. Normally I like to get to an airport 2 hours in advance, but TF Green is so much smaller than Logan in Boston that I doubt I need to get there that early
The security line won't open until 4:00am, so just a word of warning that the line may look really long if you get there before 4:00.

I live in MA exactly half way between Logan and TFGreen. My whole family prefers Green! We usually get there 90 minutes early. I have two babies and a husband who does not travel well, so essentially three children, and still only need the 90 minutes. Tip, if you are driving, preregister online for Garage C. I paid about $9/day for parking. It was about the same price as lot E, but I can walk to the main terminal!

Most of my flights are out of TFGreen and I usually arrive and park at Garage C 90 minutes before the flight.

It's usually very easy and quick to check in and get through security, but always need to plan extra time for the Dunkin line first thing in the morning - it's much longer than security! :rotfl2:

Most of my flights are out of TFGreen and I usually arrive and park at Garage C 90 minutes before the flight.

It's usually very easy and quick to check in and get through security, but always need to plan extra time for the Dunkin line first thing in the morning - it's much longer than security! :rotfl2:
Truer words have never been spoken!!! 🤣

Southwest suggests 90 minutes. SW starts boarding around 30 minutes before departure. Are you just trying to make your flight? Do you qualify for preboarding? Do you expect ah A boarding position?

A poster on.a different forum said a pax who never missed a flight is a pax who wasted too mamy hours on airports through the.years.
Yes we always do the early boarding, but we never check our luggage only use carry-ons. Myhusband recommended 1.5 hours ahead if checking luggage. When we missed our flight it was an evening flight and I was running late from work. We got to the airport around to 30 mins to flight departure definitely not enough time...

Had a 7am flight out of a small airport (Burbank) last week. Got there two hours before, turns out the airport isn’t open at 5am. TSA opened around 5:30. Concessions weren’t open until 6.

So check when TSA opens…

FIRST, check and see when the airport opens. No sense in getting there early only to be hanging out, waiting for the terminal/check in desks to open! I usually fly out of Portland, ME, and plan to be parked and getting out of my car 90 mins before flight time- and we always are there in plenty of time. I live near Bangor, ME and we only need to be there an hour in advance when we choose to fly from there.

I took a 5:40 AM flight out of TF Green. Was running ahead of time and got to the parking garage (I use the Red Beam Garage C) at 3:30 AM. Got to the terminal at 3:45. Southwest counters were open but TSA did not open until 4 and the line was relatively long. Sat down and waited until 4:15 and the line had disappeared by then. Walked right through.

Bottom line: call TSA at TF Green (direct line is (401) 734-1914) and ask when they open up. Arrive at the terminal 20 min after they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter