Thank you!

estherhead

DIS Veteran
Hopefully you don't mind this little non-swap thread. Last winter I joined you & did my first swap ever. I was so nervous that my work wouldn't be up to ya'lls. I then got all excited and signed up for lots of swaps, some of them quite a bit of work. Since I don't scrapbook in the summer I hadn't used any and I was kind of feeling down about swapping and all the work with little pay off. Really, what good was all these baggies of things I had spent so much time on last year?

So, that brings me to right now. My sister called last week & told me she wants a WDW scrapbook from last year's trip done by our WDW trip in three weeks. This sent me into a panic as my last year's WDW scrapbook took me weeks! I don't have time for this, I thought.

But like the good sister I am, I told her to bring the album & her pics & we'd sort through them. We organized them together & pulled the 12x12 papers in about 2 hours on a Friday night.

Well, I spent 12 hours on Saturday and got 45 pages done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we spent 2 hours today together finishing it.

All because of your gorgeous swap items. She was totally shocked at how gorgeous it was and called me again tonight to tell me thanks and how much they loved it. She had never intended on me doing it all for her and just couldn't believe how fast I had done it. It was done before she knew. Well I can tell you 100% that it was because of this little group of special ladies.

So count me IN come January to March. And thank you, thank you, thank you! :love::love::love::love::love:

Wow! This is a great post to read. I am so glad to hear that the pieces our group has made have been put to good use. I look forward to swapping with you again.

PSSST... can you and your sister come over here and get my Disney photos organized?

PSSST... can you and your sister come over here and get my Disney photos organized?

Only if you'll come and help me sort my kid's babies photos! I get so bogged down in how much I love all of them that I now have 9 years & 3 kids worth of not scrapped baby photos! :lmao: Give me a vacation any day of the week. It has a start and an end and some fairly obvious themes. What kind of theme is there in childhood? :confused3

I started scrapping in 2005 when my kids were 6 and 12, and hadn't put any pics even in "bad" albums for 4 years:scared1: I started scrapping a Christmas album (as I got one free and its not so many pics) and a "Vacations and days out" album (same reasons!) and then started an album for each boy from birth. Once I got into swapping the pages came together much quicker - "everyday" and colour swaps are my favourite things!

That's great that the pieces from our swaps were used to make your sister's album. I'm glad that you got to use them and that they were enjoyed so much. I'm looking forward to scrapping with you again!!!!

My DS's baby/childhood book is done in bits and pieces. He was 9 when I started scrapping and I just do it in little parts as I think of a good idea for certain pictures that I have.

What a great story. Thank you for sharing. It is nice to think that the things that we created helped to make someone happy.

That is fantastic- I always say that the reason I can do so many pages is because of all the swaps I do. They certainly make it easier.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter