Thanks and wash question

challada

DIS Veteran
First, let me thank the wonderful folks on this board...our group of 8 looked pretty cool in our matching orange "epcot" shirts and blue "wdw" shirts! It was so fun to tell all the CMs who asked about our shirts about the great folks on the disboards!

Second thing, how do you wash the shirts w/the dark transfer papers on it? We had a washing machine at our house in FL and threw in a load of the blue shirts to find that the design basically all came off in the wash. It was a bummer but we had already worn those shirt to the park so not that big a deal. I have been creating some cool clipart designs since learning about this board and now wonder about doing any more iron-on shirts. Is there a secret?

THANKS
Chris

You are supposed to wash and dry them inside out. You are also supposed to immediately remove them from both the washer & the dryer when they stop. I was worried about mine the first couple of times because I'd heard people had problems. I've washed and dried mine half dozen times now and haven't had any problems following these guidelines. I used the Avery dark transfer paper myself.

Post pictures if you get a chance of you in your shirts. We love to see people enjoying Disney especially in their specially designed shirts.

Also - the directions say not to wash or dry with any kind of fabric softener. Something about the fabric softener is said to peel the design off. Maybe this is what happened to you??

Wow! Thanks for the hint about no fabric softener! I learned the hard way about hanging the shirts up to dry (the ink ran everywhere) but I didn't know about the fabric softener!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Wow! Thanks for the hint about no fabric softener! I learned the hard way about hanging the shirts up to dry (the ink ran everywhere)

Is hang drying a NO-NO? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter