Thanks But Time To Say So Long

Stop getting upset at all caps. It's called venting and is a frustration. People get offended at every little thing these days! Get over being offended. Enough already. I agree with Misssha. I have been going to Disney for 25 years and I have had enough. Not fun anymore, too much work and money. I love Disney, but all good things do come to an end. MissSha you can all cap me whenever you want, who cares, it's just caps. Really so many things going on in the world and the one thing that brought happiness to many true lovers doesn't care about us anymore. Really sad.

Stop getting upset at all caps. It's called venting and is a frustration. People get offended at every little thing these days! Get over being offended. Enough already. I agree with Misssha. I have been going to Disney for 25 years and I have had enough. Not fun anymore, too much work and money. I love Disney, but all good things do come to an end. MissSha you can all cap me whenever you want, who cares, it's just caps. Really so many things going on in the world and the one thing that brought happiness to many true lovers doesn't care about us anymore. Really sad.

Of course I like your reply, Elke, because you agreed with me :) Who doesn't like to be agreed with, right? But more importantly, do you know what I liked about your response? You read my whole comment. You didn't stop reading and shriek in horror because you saw CAPS.

:-) wasn't fazed by the CAPs at all. I am an old school tough NYC woman who does not get offended easily, especially by typing! I am frustrated too. We are going to Universal, Seaworld and Discovery Cove next month, no hassle, half the price and lots of fun (we love Universal and new park coming 2025). After that maybe Alaska - so much to do for all less than Disney. Hoping something changes with Disney, but until then we won't be back. Find your joy elsewhere, it's out there!

:-) wasn't fazed by the CAPs at all. I am an old school tough NYC woman who does not get offended easily, especially by typing! I am frustrated too. We are going to Universal, Seaworld and Discovery Cove next month, no hassle, half the price and lots of fun (we love Universal and new park coming 2025). After that maybe Alaska - so much to do for all less than Disney. Hoping something changes with Disney, but until then we won't be back. Find your joy elsewhere, it's out there!

Good for you! Have the best time. And trust me, I'm very lucky to absolutely have plenty of joy in my life! Especially since me and hubs are empty nesters!

With all the things Disney has taken away from us DVC adult couple travelers, and everyone actually, plus the stupid genie app, the never-ending lines and extra cost to ride "premuim" rides that you can never get a time slot for, not to mention the $3000/2 nights Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser........

WE REFUSE TO CONTINUE BEING ENABLERS AND WE SOLD OUR DVC MEMBERSHIP! NICE JOB DISNEY.....YOU COULD HAVE HAD 2 MORE POOR AND STUPID SOULS CONTINUING TO THROW OUR MONEY AT YOU IF YOU HAD ONLY REMEMBERED WALT'S VISION.....
Who did you sell it to? Aren't those people going to step in and take your place?

Who did you sell it to? Aren't those people going to step in and take your place?

good point! I'm not sure how often our buyers plan to go (we sometimes went twice a year) or if they'll dine at the table service restaurants as much either....no clue

You had the strength to act on your feelings, I respect that. Most (like me) just complain and keep feeding the beast.
We'll always be grateful for the way things were 16 years ago when we purchased DVC, and all of the wonderful memories we made. But it feels REALLY good to be free from the obligation of HAVING to go every year, that's for sure!

We'll always be grateful for the way things were 16 years ago when we purchased DVC, and all of the wonderful memories we made. But it feels REALLY good to be free from the obligation of HAVING to go every year, that's for sure!

Why do you feel that you 'have to' go every year? We bought DVC so that we can enjoy the deluxe rooms. We only go once every 2 years, maybe less. We can rent out our points or use them for different things.

Judging WDW on anything since March 2020 is not fair - it is not completely under Disney's control. I understand they can't operate like they want to with laws regarding distancing and masks, some of which are still in place. I understand Disney can't hire as many people as they want to until all these rules go away.

We will be returning for the first time since COVID began - at the end of this year. I will not go back to Disney until they are back to 'being Disney'. I'm glad lots of people are, but I can understand that if I was wearing a mask all day, I would not feel the same fun. If I had to go through the Epcot construction walls, it's not the same. If I had to deal with all the crowds because there are only rides - most of the entertainment is gone - then I wouldn't. I'm staying home until the parks are back to normal, which I feel will be the end of this year, maybe 2023.

Why do you feel that you 'have to' go every year? We bought DVC so that we can enjoy the deluxe rooms. We only go once every 2 years, maybe less. We can rent out our points or use them for different things.

Judging WDW on anything since March 2020 is not fair - it is not completely under Disney's control. I understand they can't operate like they want to with laws regarding distancing and masks, some of which are still in place. I understand Disney can't hire as many people as they want to until all these rules go away.

We will be returning for the first time since COVID began - at the end of this year. I will not go back to Disney until they are back to 'being Disney'. I'm glad lots of people are, but I can understand that if I was wearing a mask all day, I would not feel the same fun. If I had to go through the Epcot construction walls, it's not the same. If I had to deal with all the crowds because there are only rides - most of the entertainment is gone - then I wouldn't. I'm staying home until the parks are back to normal, which I feel will be the end of this year, maybe 2023.

Hi there! I sure can judge WDW on March 2020 on....I certainly get not everything is under Disney's control, absolutely :) None of the reasons why we chose to sell is COVID-related however. COVID has nothing to do with the long long long lines resulting from the Genie App and the costs associated with them. COVID has nothing to do with the added layer of pre-trip planning/stress created by the Genie App. COVID has nothing to do with the end of Magical Express. And, regarding COVID, while so many experiences were closed, prices remained the same. Too much work to plan one of these vacations now, too much money, little children taking up seats at bars where paying adults should be sitting, cast members getting grumpy. My hard-earned money is going places that really ARE the happiest places on earth!

Hi there! I sure can judge WDW on March 2020 on....I certainly get not everything is under Disney's control, absolutely :) None of the reasons why we chose to sell is COVID-related however. COVID has nothing to do with the long long long lines resulting from the Genie App and the costs associated with them. COVID has nothing to do with the added layer of pre-trip planning/stress created by the Genie App. COVID has nothing to do with the end of Magical Express. And, regarding COVID, while so many experiences were closed, prices remained the same. Too much work to plan one of these vacations now, too much money, little children taking up seats at bars where paying adults should be sitting, cast members getting grumpy. My hard-earned money is going places that really ARE the happiest places on earth!
Where is that?

Isn't it Walt's vision to make money?
Nope, he said numerous times that his vision was to create a place where families could enjoy time together and Leave with money in their pockets. That is exactly why you hear people say that about Walt rolling over in his grave all the time. He knew he could make money and not break the average American in the process. It's so tiring to hear people say this. Everyone knows you can make good money with your product without gouging the living bejesus out of your customers. We've all seen it happening for years and years until this new CEO so we already KNOW it can be done. It's always been on the pricey side, but we also always felt like we were getting our monies worth and we weren't taking out loans to do so.

On a positive note is a great time to sell your DVC contracts! I’m just as frustrated but still too attached to walk away just yet.

Original poster is a wash when it comes to the economics of Disney. They sold and someone else bought.

I've been to WDW over 50 times through the years with my last trip in 2018. By the way I never had the desire to buy a Disney timeshare. I went to the 25th WDW anniversary and I had plans to go for the 50th.

With Disney charging more for less I just don't have the desire to return now. There's plenty of other trips you can do. I really don't miss it; I've become disenchanted. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to WDW. Disney will need to change in a big way for me to change my mind.

It may take up to 10 years for Disney to feel the true impact of their ways but the day will come they will be sorry for doing this to all of us.

Nope, he said numerous times that his vision was to create a place where families could enjoy time together and Leave with money in their pockets. That is exactly why you hear people say that about Walt rolling over in his grave all the time. He knew he could make money and not break the average American in the process. It's so tiring to hear people say this. Everyone knows you can make good money with your product without gouging the living bejesus out of your customers. We've all seen it happening for years and years until this new CEO so we already KNOW it can be done. It's always been on the pricey side, but we also always felt like we were getting our monies worth and we weren't taking out loans to do so.
Thank you!

It is a demand and supply issue. There are many people willing to pay a high price so Disney can ask for a high price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter