Thanks for 9-Square Game on NY Street at MGM

Wes

Mouseketeer
I don't know who to thank for this, but someone deserves thanks.

When we visited MGM and were walking on the New York street, we were surprised to find 2 guys and a girl laying out masking tape in a big square in the middle of the street. My two grandsons gladly helped, walking along the tape. And they then divided the big square into 9 smaller squares about 5' or 6' on a side.

Then they had 9 people, including my grandsons populate the squares and learn the rules for playing the street game of 9-Square.

We went to all 4 theme parks for a full day at each one, but when I asked my grandsons after our trip what one thing they liked best about the time we spent at Disney World, the youngest one said, with no hesitation, that his favorite was 9-Square. And when we later had the pictures developed, the thing he wanted to see most was the game of 9-Square.

I've been down the NY Street many times, and it was always just a way of getting from somewhere to somewhere else. But whoever came up with the idea for playing street games there really hit on something that resonated with my grandson.

This happened to us when we were at MGM in early Nov 2002! It is one of my 9-year old son's and my favorite memories of our trip. I had a light green t-shirt on and the CM nick-named me "minty-fresh".

He has even asked if we can see if they will be there for our trip in Feb!

Just a touch of magic that is always at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter