Thanks for the advice re: House of Blues

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
I get some great advice here... and I promised a review of HOB when I returned... here it is!
~ So many good menu items and so little stomach! ~
We came without a priority seating... reasons I'll explain later.
We arrived around 6:30pm. We had a small wait, considering the main dining room was reserved for a special event...probably a group of homebuilders there during the convention.
First time we have ever had to fork over a credit card in exchange for the pager.... who wants to steal a pager?
We were seated in a porch like area... great surroundings.. I loved the theming.
DH ordered a bass ale, I had diet coke.

I ordered the spicy catfish nuggets app.. It was very good and served right from the fryer, hot and crisp. I really liked the sauce they served with it. I had no room for the fries that were in the bottom of the container. 4 thumbs up
Dh had the artichoke spinach dip....very tasty but served a little too cool, the cheese on top was so hard you couldn't use your chips to scoop with. He had to cut it with a fork. 2 thumbs up
I ordered the side of cornbread, it sounded really good... and it was. 4 thumbs up

Entrees were for me a mushroom chicken pasta dish... oh baby was it good! Very good mix of mushrooms,chicken and sauce...yummmm. 5 thumbs up!
DH had the fried chicken.... he gave it 4 thumbs up.
Dessert was key lime pie and coffee. It was just so-so. Not nearly tart enough... very bland. 1 thumb up.
Over all a great meal and excellent service even though the place was hoppin'.
We will come back!
~Best of all and why we didn't have a PS... this was a mystery shop and I will be reimbursed for our meal and the required souvie purchase from the gift shop! ~

Glad you enjoyed it. It is one of our favorites, as well!

You were so lucky to get in without a PS. The last time we went, we decided late in the day that we would go and we couldn't get in. (4 people) One day I'll try the Gospel Brunch....

You two have a lot of thumbs :earboy2: Glad you enjoyed it. DW and I tried it once and I thought it was pretty good. I don't recall that DW was too impressed. I guess that's 1.5 thumbs up. :D

DH and I did the Gospel Brunch on our last visit and just loved it. The food is outstanding! The place was packed...not a single seat available, so no one got in w/o a PS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter