• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks Ray Sharpton and others!!

eeyore45

<font color=darkorchid>Do-it-yourself pixie dust =
I fell Saturday at MGM (slippery white line, I was focused, but couldnt stop it!) sprained both ankles...

tried to "tough it out" Sunday at AK - all night I kept remembering the posts I've read here about power ecv, and then pushing the wheelchairs thru AK - since they were all rented out, I "toughed" it thru, gave in around noon, went back to our room...

Monday, our last day, I got to the MK at opening, rentend an ecv - and yep, I cried.. I knew people would be "looking" at me wondering... but I couldnt walk, or stand for long periods of time!! Stopped at the First Aid station to get bandaids (blisters from the swollen feet on shoes!) and the nurse reassured me I needed to ride... my dd was so excited that we could do everything on our list - however she was disappointed we didnt get "front of the line access" but because of the many reports here, I didnt expect it - and did as usual getting our fast passes - and so we did go to FP lanes - all but the Pirates of the Caribbean, I tried walking that one - - first, again prepared from these posts here - The parks were very crowded, as crowded as I remember from the first week in August, and HOT too!!

so thank you, I had no idea how helpful the information I have been reading would become.

I thank Ray especially because his report of getting an ecv for the first time, helped convince me I needed to in order to enjoy the parks on our last day!!

I am glad you rented the ECV. I'm sure it helped you & the others with you have a more enjoyable time at the MK. I know it helped me five years ago to read through many, many posts on this board. Comments here convinced me to ask my doctor about a handicapped parking tag, to decide to rent an ECV, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter