Thanksgiving

antnee

Chasing Amy
Okay we all have that special recipe we like to make for Thanksgiving. Post your favorite recipe
or dish you like to make for Thanksgiving. Over the next few weeks I will try to post some recipe favorites of mine. If you dont ahve a recipe give us your favorite dish and maybe we can find one for ya. As a former chef I have mad soem very plain and some very exotic dishes. But as a chef I rarely follow recipes and just use a pinch of this and a dash of that. One of my favorites is a chestnut stuffing. Or a wild Rice side dish and a pumpkin cheesecake :)

What are your favorites

We like:
Scalloped Oysters (we call it Oyster Filling)
Corn Pudding
and that old standby - Green Bean Casserole!

This year we're adding FuFu.

d

I'm in charge of dessert. I'm going to be trying (for the first time) to make an applesauce cake with maple frosting. I'll post the recipe if anyone's interested. It's a good one for family members who have food allergies as it is milk free, soy free, & egg free.

I'm trying to decide what to have for Thanksgiving this year.

We aren't sure if we want to have a traditional meal or not. It will only be 5 of us so I'm thinking I want to do something a little more elegant (ala martha stewart).

I would love some suggestions

:) Tamie

A Favorite at our house on Thanksgiving for dessert is Pumpkin Roll!!

Also makes great gifts for the Teachers!

Pumpkin Roll

Preparation time: 25 min. Oven temperature: 375F
Baking time: 15 min. Chilling time: 1 to 2 hours.

For 1 roll, 10 to 12 servings

You will need:

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. Lemon juice
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ginger
½ tsp. Nutmeg
½ tsp. Salt

Filling: beat together 1 pkg. (8 oz.) soft cream cheese and 4 Tbs.. butter or margarine. Stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and ½ tsp. Vanilla extract blending until smooth.

Preparation:

1. In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar , beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.

2. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Add to egg mixture, mix well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly- roll pan.

3. Bake at 375F for 15 min. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 min place cake on clean tea towel. Cool 10 min longer. From 10-inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.

4. Meanwhile, prepare filling. Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (discard towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least l hr. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated.

sounds like a great recipe dvcmagic; I think I am going to make a pumpkin cheescake :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter