Thansgiving @ Disney

Dorenda

Earning My Ears
We just booked a week long trip to Disney for next November We will be staying the week of Thanksgiving. I have a few questions:

Are the parks busy that week?
Will we be able to get a Thanksgiving meal that day?

Any information would be great.

We are taking a friend and her daughter for their first trip. :cheer2:

It is VERY busy that week!! The week before and the week after are not that busy at all. You can get a Thanksgiving meal at many of the restaurants. There are many people on here that go that week. Read some of their trip reports. That will help a lot. Good luck and have fun :Pinkbounc

:D About a real Thanksgiving meal, why not get PS for Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. The meal is delicious and the character interaction is wonderful. I'm not sure when you could make these reservations (60 days prior? 90 days prior?) but they are certainly worth it! :cloud9:

:flower1: We go every year at this time and just recently returned. Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to be at Disney. Be aware that Thanksgiving Day in MK is very crowded. You may want to plan on visiting an alternative park that day unless you don't mind the crowds. This year we went to MGM on Thanksgiving Day. It was a perfect day. The parade was great, had lunch at Sci Fi (another very neat restaurant) and later that night, we enjoyed a dinner buffet at Hollywood and Vine with many salad, bread, and pasta choices as well as Turkey and all of the trimmings. Although the atmosphere was not what we had expected, it sure beat having hotdogs at Casey's for Thanksgiving dinner (which happened to us one year). There are many, many, restaurants that serve special meals for this particular holiday. You will have a wide variety to choose from. One tip: The crowds are virtually gone by Sunday after Thanksgiving so, if you can plan on staying a little longer past this weekend, I would. We did MVMCP on Sunday night and walked onto every ride. Hope this helps!! Happy planning.

If you can, avoid MK on Thanksgiving Day. If you must go, wait until after dinner hour is over, like 6-7pm if the park is open late (it was open until 11pm for our trip) and avoid the parade route. ;)

We couldn't secure PS for Thanksgiving Dinner, so we opted for Liberty Tree Tavern's character dinner on Wednesday. We chose the 4pm seating (first one for the character meal) and it wasn't crowded at all.

I guess we will just avoid MK on Thanksgiving day. There are plenty of other things to do.

What does PS mean? I am not good with the abbreviations.

I wish we were going another week but the lady we are bringing can't get off any other time.

I'm sure it will be fine. Her daughter is just so glad to be going at all. Maybe Thanksgiving day can be pool day or one of the water parks.

Thanks for all the information I'm getting.
We leave for our Disney Cruise on Monday. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Everyone have a Happy New Year :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter