That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

Hey Lady! Followed on FB as I could, and am looking forward to hearing the stories that go along with the photos. :) I'm sure there are many. ;)

Woohoo - can't read all about it.
And yay for being #1! Nice to see you here, happy to have you follow along!
Just place-holding. I'll be back to read later. :)
:thumbsup2 I knew you'd be here :D Next time I'll actually hold a place FOR you!
I’m here:wave:
What a lovely treat it was to wake up this morning to a new trip report of yours. Can’t wait to hear all!:goodvibes
Hey Moira! I've missed doing reports and am glad to be back- of course I still have that dining report I'm letting linger :rolleyes1 but so happy to be here and have you with me!
Hello! Coming back later to read!
Wouldn't it be funny to hit your 50th trip this year, as well?? If you haven't already...
And here you are! LOL I stopped counting around 40 so I should start again; I probably did hit 50 or will this year which would definitely be neat!
God, I LOVE that walkway and just seeing it makes me so melancholy. I also never got to hear how you liked The CR :love:
Hopefully you see it in April! Back in July 2019 when we stayed at the CR we were all "eh" other than the view and the size of the room. It just feels so sterile and we hated how we always had to wait for the elevators in the lobby. But our BLT stay over Thanksgiving changed all our feelings except Steve! We did have the 1 bedroom so even more space and I know it's weird since we were farther from the food and stuff but for whatever reason we really enjoyed being there and the walk to MK. I'd do BLT again!
Of course, this is a picture of the walkway to DHS, but it still works. :)
Well hello Sue! And ugh lol yes it is. I have one of them walking away from me on the walkway to MK as well from the CR and copied the wrong one-but same idea! Glad you're here!
Awesome...can't wait to read more as I'm putting together my PTR for my first 2021 trip! :tigger:
Yay hi Dina! Glad you're getting to go soon! I saw your PTR but didn't get a chance to comment yet :)

Yay for new TRs to read and birthdays to celebrate!!!!! :)
Hello my friend :goodvibes We definitely celebrated!
So excited to follow along!
:welcome: to another report! Glad you're here!
Headed out but will catch up when I get home!!! Yay! Can't wait! 🎊
OK Katie, glad you're here for this one! In a few months you'll be able to do one of your own :cheer2:
I'm here! Need to get caught up.
Hi Vanessa :wave: Don't worry you'll have time, this isn't going to be a quick moving TR lol
I made it over here before you finished this! Woo Hoo!
Haha and like I said above this will not be a quick moving report so you don't really have to worry about missing updates :rotfl2: I rather do this than work but unfortunately have to stick DIS time in between work time these days! Glad you're here Ariella :)
I can't wait to hear about the Thanksgiving trip. I am tentatively planning a Thanksgiving trip for us this year. Fingerscrossed we actualy go!
This was I think our 6th Thanksgiving trip and having been every month of the year, it's honestly my favorite time to go.
Seriously, could those boys be any bigger!!!
I know, and Chris has grown another 3 inches since then!
So excited to hear all about it!! :)
Hey Susan :hug: I'm glad you're here but I still can't wait until you're writing a TR again!
Woo hoo !!1 Can't wait to read all about it !!!
:goodvibes Hey thanks for being here again!
Happy belated (I presume?) birthday!
:thanks: only by 2 days when you wrote it and since you're on Canadian time, we'll say it was not belated :P
This is not possible. Unless your photos are heavily retouched. There's no way you're 50.
Um well thank you again. I would joke that the photos are definitely retouched except I don't know how to even do that lol so I can honestly say they are not! I just cut out the unflattering bits :rolleyes1

’m here and excited to hear all about Thanksgiving and the Birthday extravaganza!
It sounds like the best place to celebrate a Birthday and a holiday.
Happy 50th
Hey Caroline, thank you for the wishes and thanks for being here! I always love celebrating birthdays in Disney and this one was extra special for sure.
Here!! Can’t wait to see how your trip(s) went!
Hello! So glad to see you again :love: They were 2 very different and very good trips and I'm happy to share them!
Hi Jen! Glad you're here!
Love following along with your reports and looking forward to hearing about this trip!
Aw thank you so much for saying that! :welcome: to this one, I hope you enjoy it as well.
Hey Lady! Followed on FB as I could, and am looking forward to hearing the stories that go along with the photos. :) I'm sure there are many. ;)
Hey Leisa! I need to go and get started on yours, my time here is unfortunately so limited lately :guilty: Ah the stories......I will definitely share some lol

Happy weekend! You guys really made my ❤ smile, seeing so many old friends. I do want to say upfront that this wont' be a real fast moving report like mine used to be; so just bear with me, I promise you'll have fun! Speaking of fun let's get started with the always exciting travel day!
Ah, travel day. Stressful, exciting, oft boring. Not so bad when it involves this

But let's not jump ahead. The day was 2/13, 7 days before the day I was dreading; my 50th. I really would have liked to actually be IN Disney on the actual day but between needing to work with mom's schedule as far as watching Chris and having this weird feeling that I wanted to be with Chris on my birthday too, well, we went just a bit ahead of it. Which was fine!

Travel day was supposed to start with a flight taking off at 7:30am. Due to the recent behavior of the airlines it started with a flight taking off at 11:30am. Not too bad and we did leave on time!

Because we weren't landing until 2 and originally the parks weren't open late we did not have park plans this day. After we'd made our plans MK extended hours till 10, but we were meeting friends and were looking forward to just getting to our resort and hanging out.

And eating and drinking of course!

We Ubered to our resort and since our room was ready we went right to it to drop our bags. We've stayed in the Tower at Gran Destino before; while far from my favorite resort I do like the rooms and that fact that they are inside rather than out. Even better was seeing this when we got in and put the TV on:

Well thank you Disney's Coronado Springs Resort!

We had another water view room like we had last time; the view of 3 Bridges wasn't as great as last time but there was water. And Spaceship Earth!

Oh oh wait, and Tower of Terror!

Not too shabby unless you looked down and even that wasn't bad, watching those poor unfortunate souls board the Magical Express back home day and night from the safety of our room.

So it was about 3:30; we had dinner reservations at 5:30 but we were STARVING. No quick service as it opened back up at 4:30 and we really didn't want just a bag of chips from the gift shop. So what did we do?

We walked over to 3 Bridges to get in line for their 4:00 opening! We got there about 3:45 and there were 5 parties in front of us. They took our temps and began seating us at 3:55. By the time we sat there was a long line behind us and within minutes all available tables were taken.

Now we go back to that sangria tower! It had 4 types of sangria: a sparkling, white, red, and rose. The white is what you get when you order a glass of "white sangria" there and same for the red; my favorite was the sparkling (go back to the picture, it has the strawberry) and my least favorite was the red (with the orange slice) But for the good of everyone who will ask I finished them all sparing just about a sip of the red #iknowmyjob

I think Steve had a mule or a beer? I know what we had to eat though! I thought I'd go a little light but ended up being more full than I thought because these were more delicious than I imagined:

Braised Pork Tacos
radish and carrot slaw, salsa verde, and Cojita cheese served with smoked paprika fries or fruit

Cojita cheese makes me all happy! And those paprika fries with the dip omg, it was not the last time I got them. I planned to only eat 2 tacos but HAD to eat all 3.

Steve had no plans to not finish his meal:

Crispy Chicken Biscuit Sliders
hot honey, blue cheese, and pickled vegetables served with smoked paprika fries or fruit

He'd had this the last time we were here and remembered loving it; luckily it did not disappoint! We finished about 45 minutes before our dinner and went back to our room to unpack a bit before heading down.......

to see our friends whom I don't have any first evening pictures of! The best I can do are the drinks Jenny (Sanders since I still can't seem to tag anyone) and I got at Rix for dinner:

Cucumber and Jalapeño Margarita
Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Lime, Cucumber, Jalapeño, Tajin rim

You can kind of see Jenny and Joe back there right? Well no worries because I have pictures of them later on :) This night we were so happy to be back with them for the first time since September! And these margaritas were tasty with just the right amount of heat.
Jenny and Joe had done a good amount of eating during the day so weren't starving either; we all basically got an appetizer. I had been told by a few people that I needed to try the Watchos so that's what I did!

Watchos
Crispy Waffle Fries loaded with House Blend Queso Blanco, Bacon and Scallions

I don't think these need any 'splainin': they were as good as they look! I failed to get a picture of the shrimp thing Steve got but we all enjoyed our smallish dinner and drinks and decided to take the party back down to 3 Bridges with some more friends. Unfortunately there was a loooooooooong wait to get in 3 Bridges and Dahlia Lounge upstairs wasn't even taking anyone on a wait list so we hung outside with more drinks from Rix while our buds Melinda and her DH (that would be @pepperandchips here) joined us. Eventually we made it back to 3 Bridges for a final drink and final snacks because why not? Oh and I got a birthday gift from Melinda!

Check me out in my cool villains mask! That's been getting a good amount of wear time let me tell you! You know we had fun with our friends because we didn't even stop to take pictures together. It was really a great night just hanging, eating and drinking and had me looking forward to our first park day tomorrow which would again involve eating, drinking, and friends :love:

What a great first night!! I LOVE that you had so much fun eating and drinking and just hanging out that you even forgot photos. All of the food looked amazing! I have had a sangria tower before once at a tapas place in California with my best friend and loved trying all the variations.

I ran into lounges being full too which was such a bummer. Our arrival night last month Cali Grill was a no go for lounge seating as was Topolinos. :( Ah well. Glad you still enjoyed your birthday arrival day!!

What a perfect travel day! On time departure, followed by good food and better friends!! Sounds like this trip is off to a perfect start.

Following! That is a great first night! And what a fun way to celebrate your birthday!
Looking forward to reading more!

Hi!! I'm checking out some trip reports and I just have to say :bday:! What a fun way to celebrate your birthday! The food you have shared already looks amazing. I really want that sangria tower! I love a good sangria.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Because we weren't landing until 2 and originally the parks weren't open late we did not have park plans this day. After we'd made our plans MK extended hours till 10, but we were meeting friends and were looking forward to just getting to our resort and hanging out.
That is the perfect way to start a Disney vacay!
We Ubered to our resort and since our room was ready we went right to it to drop our bags. We've stayed in the Tower at Gran Destino before; while far from my favorite resort I do like the rooms and that fact that they are inside rather than out. Even better was seeing this when we got in and put the TV on:
So cute!
Now we go back to that sangria tower! It had 4 types of sangria: a sparkling, white, red, and rose. The white is what you get when you order a glass of "white sangria" there and same for the red; my favorite was the sparkling (go back to the picture, it has the strawberry) and my least favorite was the red (with the orange slice) But for the good of everyone who will ask I finished them all sparing just about a sip of the red #iknowmyjob
Oh my gosh, these look amazing! As does all your food. :) Jack and I are hoping to spend our arrival night at Gran Destino in August and will definitely be checking out Three Bridges!
Jenny and Joe had done a good amount of eating during the day so weren't starving either; we all basically got an appetizer. I had been told by a few people that I needed to try the Watchos so that's what I did!
Those look delicious!
Check me out in my cool villains mask! That's been getting a good amount of wear time let me tell you! You know we had fun with our friends because we didn't even stop to take pictures together. It was really a great night just hanging, eating and drinking and had me looking forward to our first park day tomorrow which would again involve eating, drinking, and friends :love:
I don't think you could ask for a better night!❤

Happy Birthday!!!! Since its the last day in February figured i could get one more in.

Airlines aside any trip day that starts and ends with drinks and has some headless Jenny and Joe in between has gotta be good.

Can't wait to see all the 50th debauchery that went down.

Ah, travel day. Stressful, exciting, oft boring. Not so bad when it involves this

Making a bad day good.
The day was 2/13
Okay... yeah, sometimes (often) I'm dumb.
I first read that as The day was 2/13ths done.
Not February 13.

So of course I did the math. That would've made it 3:42am.
Travel day was supposed to start with a flight taking off at 7:30am. Due to the recent behavior of the airlines it started with a flight taking off at 11:30am.
Well, if it was supposed to be taking off at 7:30, you might have gotten up about 2/13ths of the way into the day, you know. :rolleyes:
And eating and drinking of course!
Of course!
We Ubered to our resort
May I ask why? As opposed to DME?
Nice! :)
We had another water view room like we had last time
:thumbsup2
Oh oh wait, and Tower of Terror!
Two for one deal!
Not too shabby unless you looked down and even that wasn't bad, watching those poor unfortunate souls board the Magical Express back home day and night from the safety of our room.
I always feel like this: :snooty: when I am at Disney and others have to take it home. But on the day I am taking it, I imagine that everyone is commiserating with me and feeling a little sad that I have to leave.
They took our temps and began seating us at 3:55.
Oh! I've been reading a few TRs and this is the first time I've noticed this. I didn't know they were taking temps.

Which makes me wonder...

"Oh, no! I have to run! I'll be late for my ADR! Run! Runnnnn!!!! <gasp!> <pant!> Made it! OMG! I'm gonna die... but I made it! Phew! Sweating like a pig, but I'm here!"

"I'm sorry, but you are sweating and hot. You may have Covid. You can't come in."
:thumbsup2
We finished about 45 minutes before our dinner
So glad you finished eating in time to eat.
You can kind of see Jenny and Joe back there right?
Oh, yes. Definitely. Absolutely. Yup.
I had been told by a few people that I needed to try the Watchos so that's what I did!
Looks pretty good. :)
Check me out in my cool villains mask!
Nice!

Happy Birthday!!! This makes me want to go for my birthday!

Braised Pork Tacos
radish and carrot slaw, salsa verde, and Cojita cheese served with smoked paprika fries or fruit

Crispy Chicken Biscuit Sliders
hot honey, blue cheese, and pickled vegetables served with smoked paprika fries or fruit
All of the food at 3 Bridges is so good! We really loved sitting there and eating!

Watchos
Crispy Waffle Fries loaded with House Blend Queso Blanco, Bacon and Scallions

I think I am hungry! This looks so good as well.

But let's not jump ahead. The day was 2/13, 7 days before the day I was dreading; my 50th. I really would have liked to actually be IN Disney on the actual day but between needing to work with mom's schedule as far as watching Chris and having this weird feeling that I wanted to be with Chris on my birthday too, well, we went just a bit ahead of it. Which was fine!

What a fabulous first day for you all! Love the view from your room.

Three Bridges sounds great...we are doing the Sangria University there next month so can't wait. This will be our first time there...I am looking forward to seeing Coronado Springs for the first time too. I think it's one of the resorts we have never seen.

LOVED the new mask also...how cool!

Clearly I need watchos in my life! I hadn't even heard of them before, so you better believe they're now on my list!

Your arrival day sounds so relaxing (and delicious)! What a perfect birthday present from Melinda, too. Love the pattern!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter