The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone checking in soon, I just got wind that they are trying something new. Guests with cars will be issued their parking permit at the guard shack.

Thanks...we will be driving in from the airport late that night.

Cheryl

For anyone checking in soon, I just got wind that they are trying something new. Guests with cars will be issued their parking permit at the guard shack.

Yes we were given our parking pass at the guard shack on last Firday. It was all ready with my name and dates etc.

Just returned from 3 nights at VB stayed in a IR and loved it. Did not do the beach as we have one near us. Very relaxing. The pool and waterslide are wonderful. Hot tub could be bigger and warmer. Mini golf is free on Thursday for members. Wish we had done the kyak tour but you leave at 8am on Thursday and the day before we had been up since 4am. We had all meals at Shutters.Thursday they have a seafood Bufett which was great. Campfire was nice too. Most activities are geared toward younger kids. Very slow paced nice place to stay before a cruise or after Disney.

I just posted this on another Vero thread, but rather than retyping I will copy it here.

"We just spent 6 nights, 7 days at Vero following 6 days at the F & W festival. We truly relaxed and rested. We prefer to sit on the beach near the ocean and read, swim, walk, talk and relax. Be aware that the ocean can do a job on the beach and the resort has no control over Mother Nature.
Following Hurricane Irene and then an unnamed Tropical Storm, there was severe erosion. There was a 10 foot high cliff left between the resort and the ocean. It was possible to climb down this dune to the beach, but it was a bit of a hike back up. On this past Tuesday, the County came in with heavy equipment and worked on the ledge, lowering it as best they could. It was much better after that. But it could reoccur at any time. I find the dune erosion in front of the Resort worrisome.
We ate at Shutters twice for dinner and it was excellent both nights. The roasted chicken entree was out of this world good. We ate at Sonya's on Sunday night and we were both disappointed with the steak. We mentioned this to the manager. Sonya's is open Thursday through Sunday right now.
We ate one night at the Green Cabin Room. We shared several appetizers and were very happy. It was too windy to sit on the balconey this trip, but the room is very cozy and we enjoyed it. They had live entertainment as well.
Mini Golf is only free to members one day - Wednesday, I think. Other wise it is $1 per round or $5 unlinmited for your visit.
We also ate one night at Capt Hiram's. We were very disappointed that they no longer offer sea scallops, only bay scallops. Our server said the sea scallops are too expensive. We enjoyed our dinner and had a coupon from Restaurant.com. But DH did think it was expensive.
We also ate at the new Mulligan's in Sebastian. Our dinner was very good.
Enjoy your stay at Vero, it is great."

We had a great stay again this year. It was very WINDY all the way until we left on Thursday. 10 -20 MPH constant wind. At times we didn't even want to sit on the balcony.
We had a great split stay this year, 5 days at the BCV and then 6 nights at Vero. If only we could afford that much time off every year.

The wind has been horrible here lately. We went over to the Green Cabin Room last weekend for a date night. It really was too windy to sit out on the balcony. We didn't get to see the erosion on the beach as it was dark but I am not surprised. The storm a few weeks ago was really like a hurricane. It was very windy and rainy for three days straight.

We are arriving early on 5/11 and my DH is also a fireftr!!!:firefight

Firefighters wife... (thats my email, LOL) BUMMER!! That is our checkout day! Would've been nice to meet ya!
Where are you from?? We are in the suburbs of Chicago, IL.
Let me check on the chair rental situation, maybe we can leave ours for you so your guaranteed a beach chair. Its our first time going there, but I see a lot of comments of people holding chairs..
CANT WAIT!!

We just checked into your lovely resort. Our first time here. We got an awesome 1 BR with ocean views out all off the windows. The place reminds me of OKW and we love the extra space.

We just got off of Freedom of the Seas and wow were those seas rough last night. And they look pretty rough now, lots of wind.

The guard didn't give us our pass, but the CM who checked us in was quite surprised that he hadn't. I guess it is a work in progress.....

I'm so happy to see DISers will be there the same time we will be there (May 2012).

I have 2 girls. One 19, the other will be 10 when we get there.

I saw mention of a pirate party at the resort. Anybody have any current inforamtion on this? We'll be on the Magic and will already be ready to put on the costumes!

We will be back home March 12 - 16th in an ocean view room.
Just my husband and I!

......The guard didn't give us our pass, but the CM who checked us in was quite surprised that he hadn't. I guess it is a work in progress.....

Yes, from what I'm told this new trial has only been running for the last week +/- . I hope it works out. Looks like your weather should start to improve as the week goes on.

Hi Muushka !!!! Have an awesome time !!!!

And thanks for the report Hopefully ! We've been there during BIG storms too. Not too fun. Last one was Aug 2008 for Tropical Storm Faye which was a doozy :eek: Outdoor furniture became airborne.....water coming in back of lobby.....tornados nearby.....sorry you had some less-than-stellar weather.

Happy Halloween to all !

article-48903-1.gif

Updated RollCall:

10/3 – 10/6 cemeb4dk
10/3 – 10-7 mic_KY_mouses
10/4 – 10/9 kimkreis
10/5 – 10/9 LittleBoPeep
10/14 – 10/16 ChrisMouse
10/16 – 10/22 treehugnmama
10/19 – 10/22 CruznLexi
10/21 – 10/27 hopefully
10/25 – 10-31 Leanne1977
10/27 – 10/29 gortman65
10/29 – 11/3 glokitty
10/30 – 11/2 Muushka
11/3 – 11/6 wyodan
11/10 – 11/15 chepic
12/23 – 12/28 conciergekelly
12/24 – 12/30 Pattiwig
12/29 – 1-3 pit303

1/13 – 1/16 dmurphy42
1/15 – 1/21 bobbiwoz
2/12 – 2/15 auntsue
2/16 – 2/19 backyardponder
2/17 – 2/25 robhawk
3/9 – 3/16 tink1969
3/11 – 3/17 mickeywho?
3/12 – 3/16 debaudrn
3/12 – 3/17 2gr8DisneyKids
3/18 – 3/20 TiszBear
3/18 – 3/23 BernW
4/1 – 4/5 job09
4/3 – 4/5 starbox
4/10 – 4/19 iloveokw
5/4 -5/11 obsesseddisplanner
5/10 – 5/14 JMTStone
5/11 – 5/13 Princess_Runner
6/15 – 6/17 bobbiwoz
6/20 – 6/24 wigdoutdismom

You can add us to the roll call. We will be there 2/20-2/26. It will be myself, dh, dd 7 and ds 5. With snow on the ground already I cant wait!

Hi Muushka !!!! Have an awesome time !!!!

And thanks for the report Hopefully ! We've been there during BIG storms too. Not too fun. Last one was Aug 2008 for Tropical Storm Faye which was a doozy :eek: Outdoor furniture became airborne.....water coming in back of lobby.....tornados nearby.....sorry you had some less-than-stellar weather.

Happy Halloween to all !

article-48903-1.gif

Even though the weather wasn't perfect beach weather, it certainly wasn't as bad as with Faye!!!
We enjoyed our time at Vero nonetheless and look forward to returning.

OK. With the high winds, monsoon rain, we liked the resort very much.

Today the sun was shinning, and we loved it! Beach, pool, Jacuzzi....I have another DVC resort I love!:love:
(And I am NOT a beach person!)

Firefighters wife... (thats my email, LOL) BUMMER!! That is our checkout day! Would've been nice to meet ya!
Where are you from?? We are in the suburbs of Chicago, IL.
Let me check on the chair rental situation, maybe we can leave ours for you so your guaranteed a beach chair. Its our first time going there, but I see a lot of comments of people holding chairs..
CANT WAIT!!

Hey thank you for the chair offering! I dont know how it works but we can use them for sure. We will be leaving Miami really early, we probably get there at around 10 am, I hope you guys are still there. My DH (Disney Hero that is):love: works for Miami Dade County Fire Rescue, and this is also our first time in VBR, but when we had been the Disney Cruise, other DFF (Disney Firefighters) exchange station t-shirts, see if your DH is interested and we'll do it! just to add some fun...xoxo and blessings Elcka

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter