The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Surf the net or Disney App? Look for details in the theming? Talk with each other? Something else?
I'm all about the details and theming but have been known to chat people's ears off at times so both???
Sausage McMuffin somewhat enjoyed, we gathered in the lobby of the Grand Californian. While the others loitered, I took the opportunity to make a circuit and found a delicious display of Craftsman and Art and Crafts décor that I wished I could have taken home. Instead, I made do with a few photos of my favorite scenes.
Gorgeous!
We’d all thrown in a vote or two for the attractions that were must-do’s and up first was BTMRR. I always love trying to get a photo or two of an new angle for me and came up with these this time around. I got to thinking about the prospects of a real Big Thunder Saloon where you could go and have a stiff drink (buahahahaha who am I kidding and don’t get me started!) or sarsaparilla and have streetmosphere pop in, rob the place, interact, do a song or dance, etc… I dunno, sounds like a fun idea to me. Not really a dinner show like Hoop, but more come and go, casual style.
It would be fun!
I’m not sure why we back-tracked, but after hanging out with Jack, Sally and Oogie, we zipped over to Splash where we Doo-Dah’d in our Laughing place. I’m glad they added the Dah part or there’d be lots of ChunkyDumping. Alison didn’t want to ride and she was smart. I don’t remember about anyone else, but Kari and I who rode in the front were SOAKED and I don’t mean like after-a-Florida-downpour soaked, I mean soaked like I-swam-in-the-Pop-pool-with-my-clothes-on soaked. The good news is that the weather was warm enough to dry us out fairly quickly and I had IBS (Itchy Butt Syndrome) only for most of the rest of day. You know what that is; that thing you get when your underwear are wet and it makes your butt cheeks itchy. Which goes to prove I don’t ALWAYS forget my underwear on trips.
Haha!!
Even though we’d all ridden the Millennium Falcon before, Kari and I for the first time just the day before, we decided to head there and fill a cabin. Everyone else had had a chance to be the pilots, so we took our turn at crashing and burning ad nauseum for an entire ride cycle. Stressful does not even begin to describe it, and well, I guess it was fun, but yeah, I suck at that sort of thing. Maybe after a few more turns at it, I’d get the hang of it, but let’s just say guiding a Cessna on straight and level is a LOT easier. Speaking of which, I really hope to get back to my Pilot’s license quest sometime soon. Time is marching on…
I hope you get to achieve that too and I am sure you will.
Indiana Jones was next up and I’d forgotten how fun that ride is. Bumpy and jerky, yes, but nicely themed and unique. My neck fared okay, and I didn’t have be in traction afterwards. It seems to be the everyday normal living that makes it scream these days. On a side note, I have a call into the surgeon for reals. We’ll see what he says this time around. But sleep would sure be nice.
Ugh, no sleep is the worst! Hope the doctor has answers for you soon!
Our last ride of the day was Guardians and I think Su-Lynn almost had a legit ChunkyDump on it. She was reticent in the first place and riding it cemented her opinion. I, on the other hand, adore the drops and scream like a little girl the whole time. I still like the theming of ToT much better, but they’ve done a good job with it even still. There’s a lot to see in there, and while that’s fun, a lot goes over my head because I am just not a fan of the movies and have only seen the first one once. Sorry, just not super into it. Sure, I enjoyed it, but just not memorable for me. Do I want a Baby Groot? Sure, everyone on the planet does. Is Rocket funny? Of course! Beyond that, I couldn’t even tell you the plot. Sorry, I know I just fell to a new low on most of y’all’s opinion, but there you have it.
I love the movies and would really like to try out the ride when I finally make it out to DL. It would be a very boring world if we all felt the same way about things, wouldn't it?
And with that, our weekend was over. I’ll leave off with a ChunkyDump adieu until next time. Believe it or not, I’m headed back tomorrow... SURPRISE!!!!! My very good friend, Magdalene (@Flossbolna ) is in California and this weekend has been planned for months, possibly even almost a year, I can’t wait to see her and Michael, and of course, Fran and Alison. There is very little planned, so I imagine lots of catching up and quiet visiting. I haven’t seen her since 2010 when we flew back from Crapistan stopping in Nuremberg. So, that means more stories, but I’m anxious to get the WDW portion started for sure. That my friends, will start very soon, so stay tuned…. It’s coming… promise!
How lovely!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with your friend. :)

Our last ride of the day was Guardians
I never realized that there was a Guardians ride at DL. I suppose the ride they are building in Epcot will be the same thing.
The 1901 welcomed us with some cushy chairs and intimate ambiance.
What a wonderful weekend you had. It is one thing to do rides and eat Churros but getting to do all these elegant things must have been fun, too. :)
Believe it or not, I’m headed back tomorrow..
Have a great time!

I've really enjoyed reading about the different things they have at DL. :)

I never realized that there was a Guardians ride at DL. I suppose the ride they are building in Epcot will be the same thing.
They're very different (or will be).
Guardians at DL is the same as TOT at DHS. At least the ride is the same. You board an elevator that randomly goes up and down. But the overlay isn't Twilight Zone, it's GotG.
The new one at Epcot will be a coaster.

I find it hilariously ironic that we’d gone from Club 33 to Club $3.33.

:rotfl:

we all made it in and stopped for a group photo. Hey! Look at us!!

Great picture of everyone! Looks like it was a fun day with friends.

Nevertheless, the DLR version is still 1,000 times better

Ever since riding the Disneyland Paris version and Lesley telling me it's very similar to the DL one, I have a goal to get out to CA and try it one day. I know when I ride the DLP's version I always think we got jipped in Walt Disney World.

Stressful does not even begin to describe it, and well, I guess it was fun, but yeah, I suck at that sort of thing.

Oh gosh....this doesn't fun at all! I stress about answering the phone with the bluetooth system in my car, this sounds a hundred time worse!:rotfl2:

o it’s refreshing to find flavorful, authentic fare.

Very true. I'm glad Disney has been upping their food game in the past few years.

On a side note, I have a call into the surgeon for reals. We’ll see what he says this time around. But sleep would sure be nice.

Uh oh, hope you can get some help. I remember before one of your trips you were having issues, and I'm assuming its still occurring? Again, trying to remember correctly...you got a shot to hopefully help and avoid surgery?

Sure, everyone on the planet does. Is Rocket funny? Of course! Beyond that, I couldn’t even tell you the plot. Sorry, I know I just fell to a new low on most of y’all’s opinion, but there you have it.

You're not alone. I've only seen the first film once, too. And I slept through half of it...

Sausage McMuffin somewhat enjoyed
I generally avoid Rotten Ron’s but I have to confess to enjoying an occasional sausage McMuffin. Their breakfast choices aren’t nearly as bad as the rest of the menu

I believe that ^ is made entirely of chocolate...
That’s impressive. I did see similar chocolate sculptures several years ago during Flower and Garden...or was it Food and Wine. I forget. Whatever it was, I believe they had a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train sculpture since it wasn’t long after it opened. It’s pretty amazing the work that goes into it.

I got to thinking about the prospects of a real Big Thunder Saloon where you could go and have a stiff drink (buahahahaha who am I kidding and don’t get me started!) or sarsaparilla
That sounds like it would be fun. I’ve always wanted to walk into an old timely saloon. Sadly I can’t see it ever happening with the lack of a $1 billion grossing IP set in the old west.

Everyone was still a bit peckish, so a churro stop was made.
Confession: I’ve never had a churro. It was on my “to try” list last year but just didn’t happen.

Still :cold:

Still reading.

This will give you an idea of how far along I am. I vaguely remember both Small World and Carousel of Progress from New York World's Fair and I know I'm in the minority when I say they two favorites. I guess my other nostalgic favorite is original Figment from when our sons were young. It was always our first stop in Epcot.

Hey! Look at us!!

I love it! Great picture!

There’s a lot to see in there, and while that’s fun, a lot goes over my head because I am just not a fan of the movies and have only seen the first one once. Sorry, just not super into it. Sure, I enjoyed it, but just not memorable for me. Do I want a Baby Groot? Sure, everyone on the planet does. Is Rocket funny? Of course! Beyond that, I couldn’t even tell you the plot. Sorry, I know I just fell to a new low on most of y’all’s opinion, but there you have it.

I'm with you. I tried watching it a few times and can't seem to get through it. I feel the same way about Avatar. Luckily, I still LOVE Pandora and I'm sure I'd love GotG ride as well.

Believe it or not, I’m headed back tomorrow... SURPRISE!!!!!

You're killing me!

A little teaser:

Again...killing me! I need to move out West, I think! Lucky you!

Not first ! But the first time I've actually caught one of your Reports at the beginning!
And I see I'm already in good company :rolleyes1

Happily following :goodvibes

Hmmm. I'd have to say our (and my) must-do is one of the lesser known ones. Olivia's, at OKW. Always seem to find ourselves there at some point, doesn't matter which meal.

One and done is a bit harder. A few places would make it on that list, because I can't go back - either they closed or changed. Others would make it onto DH's list, but possibly not mine, so I don't have a definative We wouldn't go back. Speaking for myself, I think the nod goes to Coral Reef. It wasn't bad, wasn't good. I was seriously underwhelmed by the food and the ambiance. Nice table, but being near the glass made the area a magnet for gawkers. It felt like we were on display as much as the denizens of the tank.
One and done for us would probably be CRT, a pleasant experience but have outgrown. The must do is Ohana. Never know where to put LeCellier?

Well that was a nice surprise! I finally made it to the 20s in your report and thoroughly enjoyed your DL photos. We were there a couple weeks ago with our son who lives in Burbank. I took only one photo so really enjoyed your Halloween shots.

And I definitely agree about the whole PBR (Pushing Buttons Ride). I wanted to look out the front window, not at my elbow. I'm not into Star Wars, but I certainly appreciated the theming.

Well that was a nice surprise! I finally made it to the 20s in your report and thoroughly enjoyed your DL photos. We were there a couple weeks ago with our son who lives in Burbank. I took only one photo so really enjoyed your Halloween shots.

And I definitely agree about the whole PBR (Pushing Buttons Ride). I wanted to look out the front window, not at my elbow. I'm not into Star Wars, but I certainly appreciated the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter