The ABCs of Starting Over- OR to KY Roadtrip + WDW 50th Ann. Trip 9/28-10/4; Day 6 and REPORT COMPLETE!

Yeah, I've heard from a couple other dads who are there people are clamoring for souvenirs so much, the rides are often low or non-existent lines
Crazy. Personally… I really don’t need a souvenir that badly. Or at all.

Crazy. Personally… I really don’t need a souvenir that badly. Or at all.
There are legit horror stories…. I was not involved and went down the EPCOT Easy Street yesterday. Got a reasonable few things and called it good.

Apparently there was a fistfight at the Starbucks over some cups. Seriously?! What is WRONG with people? SMH…

It’s stuff. :sad2:
Apparently a fight over some cups broke out at the Emporium resulting in broken shelves and what not. Here’s an article I found.

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/fight-magic-kingdom-merchandise-lp1/
:sad2:

It's a cup... a CUP, people. You won't starve to death or run out of oxygen if you don't have one. Good grief. Ridiculous.

My Friends~

I am home from an incredible, magical trip filled with lots of wonderful DISMeets and royal treatment! There were some very fantastical moments and pixie dusts, but there were also some not-so-fun things that happened as well. I suppose that's true with everyone's trips every time. In time, I'll share all of the stories and photos from this amazing 50th Anniversary Celebration trip- it truly was a good one.

But I came home tired and developed some health issues while there. Now I need to focus on finding insurance (rememeber.... I'm between jobs), a doctor, and a job, helping my son buy a car and move into his apartment, unpack about 30 boxes (not kidding), you know... all little stuff. ;) It'll all fall into place, but is going to take time. Needing a bit more pixie dust in the real life zone right now.

Here are a couple of teasers though!!

Also, I HAVE NOT forgotten my Flower and Garden TR and WILL be finishing that one too. Promise. Just... a lot of my plate right now, and it's not Food and Wine. ;)

(Yes, I realize this is blurry... it's a 3D experience so no clear photos. But I'll be giving my commentary when I get to this portion.)

Last edited:
My Friends~

I am home from an incredible, magical trip filled with lots of wonderful DISMeets and royal treatment! There were some very fantastical moments and pixie dusts, but there were also some not-so-fun things that happened as well. I suppose that's true with everyone's trips every time. In time, I'll share all of the stories and photos from this amazing 50th Anniversary Celebration trip- it truly was a good one.

But I came home tired and developed some health issues while there. Now I need to focus on finding insurance (rememeber.... I'm between jobs), a doctor, and a job, helping my son buy a car and move into his apartment, unpack about 30 boxes (not kidding), you know... all little stuff. ;) It'll all fall into place, but is going to take time. Needing a bit more pixie dust in the real life zone right now.

Also, I HAVE NOT forgotten my Flower and Garden TR and WILL be finishing that one too. Promise. Just... a lot of my plate right now, and it's not Food and Wine. ;)

View attachment 610054

View attachment 610055

(Yes, I realize this is blurry... it's a 3D experience so no clear photos. But I'll be giving my commentary when I get to this portion.)

View attachment 610057
Sorry to hear abut the health issues. And you certainly have your hands full with things to do!! :faint:
Cool shot of the Ratatouille ride. :)

My Friends~

View attachment 610054

View attachment 610055

View attachment 610057
Glad you're home.
Sorry to hear you're having health issues :sad:
God speed on job and health insurance and doctor and unpacking and updating all your adoring fans....well okay, I guess, if it must, the last one can be considered less important. ;)

It was far too early for breakfast, most mornings a cup of coffee or two is sufficient anyway;

I wish I was this way, but coffee on an empty stomach won't do for me!

Thus began a most epic road trip- one that neither my traveling companion son Zach, nor I, will soon forget.

<3 It sounded wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great time and got to enjoy it with your son by your side :)

we began what I’d hoped to be a gorgeous meandering along the bright and crystal-clear Umpqua River- a favorite of fly-fisherman and kayakers alike.

That sounds wonderful! I haven't tried fly fishing, though someday I'd like to. Nathan's dad enjoys it, but we haven't given it a go. We've done a bit of bait fishing, and also some kayaking the last couple of summers and really enjoyed it.

In its stead, we endured endless swathes of blackened and scarred landscape; forest after forest of towering, charred Douglas Fir, Cedar, and Hemlock stood as sickening remnants of a once thriving and vibrant ecosystem teeming with life and promise.
IMG_4678-L.jpg

Wow. I can just imagine how impactful this would be to see! The photo of the previous fires you took is both beautiful and heartbreaking.

This is gorgeous! Love the photo :)

I can thank our Oblivious Captain (@Captain_Oblivious ) for that pass hack but little did I know, after hemming and hawing a great deal, just how much money I'd saved myself in deciding to pony up for the AP.

Good tip! Always nice to have friends who can give tidbits of travel advice.

where Zach bought a miniature woven rug coaster. I reminded him we'd see MUCH better, wholly more authentic rugs in a few days, but he was adamant he wanted this one.

73FB8E78-3A2D-4D98-A899-9DB06525290F.jpeg

I actually really like this :) A neat little souvenir!

Hehe looks like this little guy was posing for you.

I think it did for sure. Gave us a bit more freedom and in the end I honestly didn't want to have to adjust to the differing levels of that comfort being a bit more okay with being in public and restaurants. I think it would have prevented us from seeing and doing the myriad of things we got to experience.

This totally makes sense! I'm glad it all worked out for the best!

We had some good nights this way, and some very, very bad. I'll get to that....

Oh no...the foreshadowing has me on the edge of my seat!

We ate all of the local specialties of each region we went through as we passed. So many varieties and we loved every one of them.

That's soo cool! A truly authentic experience :)

Donkeys are great pets- my ex SIL had one and it liked to hang out by the window to be nearer the family.

This is only reinforcing how much I want one! I don't know whether Nathan and I will ever have human kids, but I'm quite interested in a little menagerie of animal babies <3

I am home from an incredible, magical trip filled with lots of wonderful DISMeets and royal treatment! There were some very fantastical moments and pixie dusts

Yay! It sounds wonderful (mostly) and I can't wait to hear about it!

but there were also some not-so-fun things that happened as well. I suppose that's true with everyone's trips every time.

Oh dear...sorry to hear that. :( But you're right, it happens sometimes, at least in some capacity.

But I came home tired and developed some health issues while there.

Sorry you've had some health issues -- I hope things are okay and that you'll be feeling your best self again soon!

helping my son buy a car and move into his apartment

Big life things for both of you!

It'll all fall into place, but is going to take time. Needing a bit more pixie dust in the real life zone right now.

Sending you my best pixie-dust-vibes in these tricky life things!

I’m catching up, what a wonderful way to explore the country on your way to your new home!

I'd highly recommend a road trip to see what's out there. It's a big place and we're lucky enough to have such a cool variety of cultures and different sceneries to see and enjoy!

Beautiful pictures and how fun to check out the national parks along the way!
Thanks, Caroline! I really enjoyed gathering the photos to share with you all.

I hope you are settling in to your new life in Kentucky!

Still in settling in mode with TONS of errands and "business-type" stuff to take care of that really piled up. I wish all that normal life stuff would stop while you go on vacation! LOL!

Have you started job hunting yet? Keep me updated!

I have and....

I FOUND a job!! It's an 11 week contract in the Medical Center in PACU. Huzzah!

You made it!!
Hope all is going good as you start creating your new home. I can't believe you'll be leaving again for Disney's 50th soon. We would have been leaving soon too :sad1:. But since the celebration is for 18 months we are going to go for it next Oct. also we'll be able to see how all the new changes work out.

It's such a slow process, but each day I make a little more headway. By the time you go, I hope Tron and Guardians is open for you!! The beauty of Disney is that there is always new things to see and do.
But we are going to DC in two weeks!!

WAHOOTY!! Was it all Weeb and you dreamed of?!

The joke when we were at Disney is I knew all the plans and he would just take my hand and follow. We bought a magnet for frig with Minnie pulling Mickey like that towards the castle.
I bought some travel books about DC for Weeb (&me the planner). But when he opened the present I had two notes for him to read in two layers of tissue before he got to the books.
(1st note)
So……………………
Since we won’t be doing
Disney
(In October)
How
about………

(2nd note)
You follow me to:
WASHINGTON
D.C.
**I have flights
**I have hotel
**I just need you!!

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY!
&
30TH ANNIVERSARY!
My son and daughter (on facetime) watched him open it because they know it's always been a bucket list thing for their dad.
I still see his face with tears starting and a him quivering a disbelieving "nooo" . So I ask what he thought and lets just do it! He was surprised!

This is such a beautiful story. I love how you presented this to him and how grateful he was. Just so, so neat!! Love this!
We leave on a Saturday afternoon and come back Wed afternoon (no crazy early AM to airport an about a 2 hour flight!)
We'll have 3 full day to see some monuments and museums. Tuesday will be our 30th wedding anniversary.

Sooo, by now you are back from this epic DC trip!! How was it? Care to share a few photo (if you start at TR PLEASE!! PM me or post a link here, k?!)
I'm looking forward to reading ALL your TRs you have going and the one you start when you get back AGAIN from the mouse house:earsboy:
Have a great time and have some:tink:
Awww thanks! I will slowly make my way through all of these crazy travels but it will really take some time! I had such a lovely time at every place I visited and the 50th Anniversary Trip was really pretty nice. Lots of pixie dust for sure!

Didn't figure you were ignoring (well any more than I deserve), but saw your travel timeline, so figured you were enroute to somewhere.

I don't think that's gonna happen (finish) since there are probably 3 or 4 other TRs I haven't found or gotten to yet. :lmao:

:wave: Zach
Home now and have a garage full of boxes to deal with on top of a long list of undone business-y things to get to. I'll reply as I'm able. And I may be a bit more abbreviated than normal. Forgive me!

Welcome home! So glad you were able to enjoy this.

Well, I'm sure you're well-rested from hoofing it across WDW all day long.

That video looked pretty amazing. Can't wat to hear about the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter