The ABCs of Starting Over- OR to KY Roadtrip + WDW 50th Ann. Trip 9/28-10/4; Day 6 and REPORT COMPLETE!

Thanks everyone!!

Also, would love your prayers if you’re so inclined. I have a promising job lead that I hope pans out. Hoping for an interview while here!

Soooo, big news today!!

I GOT A JOB!! It's an 11-week contract at the local hospital in the PACU Dept. Exactly where and what I wanted. The paperwork came today and while I do have a few questions and need to talk to a tax advisor, I am confident that I'll start on the 25th and end Dec. 29th- just in time to head to Tucson for a stint there. Thank you all for your prayers; things are falling into place. 3 weeks to get unpacked and a bit more settled in....

You are far more ambitious than I, even with the prospect of Adventure out there, I can't help but lay in bed until light streams in and my consciousness wakes up.

I just didn't want to squander the opportunity given- tomorrow is never guaranteed and I may never pass some of those places again. One never knows!
That I understand. I don't normally wake up hungry, but I do want coffee.

I usually eat around 10:00 or sometime after. Depends on what's available though too.
Sounds interesting. I tend to want to get from place to place. Back roads are fun, but I might mix it up, then again I've never moved a large move like that!
We saved the long interstate hauls for the end when the adventure was starting to wane in us. ::yes::

That must have been very sad to see.

It really was. It'll take decades to become green again. :(
Makes sense if you will be visiting quite a few parks on your journey.

We made good use of it.
I meant to mention this in the comments. I haven't had a Good and Plenty in years. And that's a good thing!

I love black licorice but know that more don't than do. ;)
Good Luck!
Thanks!! It all worked out (see pg. 17!)

I don't think I've already posted this...it was in my insert quotes buffer when I tried to quote in another thread, so I figure I probably hadn't finished with that section of the trip, but to continue to attempt to catch up, cest la vie

It's okay! I'm barely keeping up with the replies anyway!
Glad it's not twerking. Sorry, but that's a fad that is really puzzling to me.

Nor do I!! Not attractive.
Beautiful

Thanks!
Why does Peter always get the bad rap? Don't here someone saying Paul out or Mary out. Poor Peter.

Not enough hammers?

If you see one, please run over it (multiple times). Vile creatures. Constantly tearing up my yard and have NO redeeming qualities. Unfortunately, no natural predators and an invasive, non-native species here in FL.

No way, I don't want the guts on my car!
I went to basic training there and seem to recall doing the river walk with my DS an DBIL when we got liberty, but to be honest....I was sooooo happy to not be on base, can't say as I remember much. Of course, the fact it was nearly 40 years ago might have something to do with that.

I can imagine the feeling of having a little time to one's self and the freedom to just explore and enjoy. As for failing memories... oh man, do I ever get that.
I wish you'd told me. Could've showed you any of the times you were here. No shortage of gators (or gator fans) here.
It's always hard for me to leave the bubble once I'm there. I get wrapped up in park time and/or napping by the pool. :)
Just had a rattler crossing the road the other day, but didn't know it was a rattler until I was passing it....thought it was debris or part fallen off of a car. Big one too. About 5-6 inches diameter. Wish I wasn't in a hurry or I would've turned around and killed it. If they'd kill armadillos, I'd like 'em ;)

Awww, they are a good and necessary part of the eco-system! For the most part, they're just gonna move along their merry way and leave ya alone.
I thought that was a typo and looked it up. Guess that was the original spelling. As someone who's over 1/4 Cheeokee...I feel really stupid.

Nope! That is the correct (well, original English) spelling. :)
I too thought your dam picture was Hoover and was thinking...been there. I too was dam surprised when it wasn't. Hope you and Zach had a dam good time.
We loved our time in Page!! The dam is indeed impressive but the slot canyons are.... well... over the top cool.

Yeah, I've heard from a couple other dads who are there people are clamoring for souvenirs so much, the rides are often low or non-existent lines
Which for me made for a great trip. I don't need a bunch of "stuff" and played my cards right with park scheduling. More to come on that....

I plan to! I may even do a tr for my upcoming trip
Oh please, please, please PM me or post a link here if you do. I don't have as much time as I used to to scroll the list of TRs and often miss newly posted (or even oldly) posted ones.

Sorry to hear abut the health issues. And you certainly have your hands full with things to do!! :faint:
Cool shot of the Ratatouille ride. :)
The list is very long, but each day I tackle a few more items and things are falling into place.

And thanks!

Soooo, big news today!!

I GOT A JOB!! It's an 11-week contract at the local hospital in the PACU Dept. Exactly where and what I wanted. The paperwork came today and while I do have a few questions and need to talk to a tax advisor, I am confident that I'll start on the 25th and end Dec. 29th- just in time to head to Tucson for a stint there. Thank you all for your prayers; things are falling into place. 3 weeks to get unpacked and a bit more settled in....
Hey! Great news! Very happy for you. :)
Thanks, y'all! (see, I've even got my Kentucky-speak on!) I guess they liked what they heard!
I'm sure that was it. ::yes::
I do, and they are buried in some unknown, poorly or wholly UN-labeled box. I'll get there someday...
:rolleyes1
I aaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost toted that home, but then I'd have had to buy a new bag.
Oh, of course. Silly of me.

Soooo, big news today!!

I GOT A JOB!! It's an 11-week contract at the local hospital in the PACU Dept. Exactly where and what I wanted. The paperwork came today and while I do have a few questions and need to talk to a tax advisor, I am confident that I'll start on the 25th and end Dec. 29th- just in time to head to Tucson for a stint there.

Very good news! Glad to hear it!

I GOT A JOB!! It's an 11-week contract at the local hospital in the PACU Dept. Exactly where and what I wanted.
That is great news! Do you have to get a new nursing license to work in Kentucky? Our daughter had to get one when she moved to Illinois.

Glad you're home.
Sorry to hear you're having health issues :sad:
God speed on job and health insurance and doctor and unpacking and updating all your adoring fans....well okay, I guess, if it must, the last one can be considered less important. ;)

Thanks! I am now ready to settle in and make a home.

Got the job and health insurance and making steady progress on unpacking and doing replies. :) Even an update on the other thread!!

I wish I was this way, but coffee on an empty stomach won't do for me!

I know most people usually have to have something in their tummies before the acid of coffee.
<3 It sounded wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great time and got to enjoy it with your son by your side :)

He's a great travel partner, even when he gets the grumpies.

That sounds wonderful! I haven't tried fly fishing, though someday I'd like to. Nathan's dad enjoys it, but we haven't given it a go. We've done a bit of bait fishing, and also some kayaking the last couple of summers and really enjoyed it.

From what I hear, fly fishing is a millions times harder and patience testing especially if you tie your own flies. But a good creative outlet as well as relaxing. LOVE kayaking too!!
Wow. I can just imagine how impactful this would be to see! The photo of the previous fires you took is both beautiful and heartbreaking.
The power of nature is sometimes terrifying and beautiful at the same time. I adore a good thunderstorm which I think is another great example of that.

This is gorgeous! Love the photo

Thanks! The haziness kinda adds a little mystery to it. Maybe? Still wish it'd been clear.

Good tip! Always nice to have friends who can give tidbits of travel advice.

I"ve learned a TON of really helpful advice here from fellow travelers. Saved me TONS of time!

I actually really like this :) A neat little souvenir!

An easily displayable one too for his small apt space. ::yes::

Hehe looks like this little guy was posing for you.

Some of those little guys were very bold- loads of tourists picnic in that area and they know that crumbs aren't far behind.
This totally makes sense! I'm glad it all worked out for the best!

Phew!!
Oh no...the foreshadowing has me on the edge of my seat!

YAY!! An engaged reader!
That's soo cool! A truly authentic experience :)

I can't wait to share them with you! Some were just absolutely unique, unforgettable experiences!
This is only reinforcing how much I want one! I don't know whether Nathan and I will ever have human kids, but I'm quite interested in a little menagerie of animal babies <3

Donkeys/burros can take up a LOT of space, but are extremely personable and devoted pets. A good quality in a fur baby for sure!
Oh dear...sorry to hear that. :( But you're right, it happens sometimes, at least in some capacity.

Always, and ya just learn to roll with the punches. :) The good usually outweighs the bad.
Sorry you've had some health issues -- I hope things are okay and that you'll be feeling your best self again soon!

I finally was able to find a doctor accepting new patients on my insurance plan and am going in today.
Sending you my best pixie-dust-vibes in these tricky life things!
Thanks! Things are nicely falling into place and I am becoming more and more certain this was a very good move for me!

Welcome home! So glad you were able to enjoy this.

Thanks, Mark. I am glad I went and I had a nice time seeing a lot of DISFriends, but tbh, I AM glad to be home. 2 months off (no paycheck) was MORE than enough. ;)
Well, I'm sure you're well-rested from hoofing it across WDW all day long.

I sense a deep level of sarcasm here. My knee is giving me the proverbial finger. :/
That video looked pretty amazing. Can't wat to hear about the show.

It was VERY cool! The music and light show effects are really great on this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter