The autumn (fall) 2022 thread

Plague

DIS Veteran
Why not?
It's that bit between summer hols (too hot, too crowded, too hurricany) and "the holidays" (too cool, too crowded, too Christmas yucky), so the perfect time for Brits to visit ... IMNAAHO.
It's mid-September to mid-November if you hadn't worked it out, and when I try to visit. My targets are end of Sept/beginning of Oct for Disneyland, CA and end of Oct/beginning of Nov for Orlando because that's my ideal operating temperature.

So what are your plans for this season?

My plans ...

Currently I have 13 nights booked at Pop Century from 26 Oct followed by 2 nights at Universal Aventura.
I live near Southampton and from reports on here I decided to look at flying via Dublin. That actually turned out to look very good (for me), so I'm booked on direct DUB-MCO and back Aer Lingus flights.

One catch was that I originally booked 14 nights at Pop last year, but when the flights became available the return flight was a lot more expensive than the two adjacent days. I've read a lot of positive stuff here about Universal, so as I didn't do it last time (in 2018) and I only had a 14 day Ultimate ticket, making 15 nights at Pop problematic, I shortened my Pop to 13 nights and boosted the trip to 15 nights with the Universal stuff; the cost difference being largely (well, somewhat) absorbed by the saving on the airfare. (There is probably man maths in here, but I'm really just spending a very slightly larger fortune than planned.)

Hoping ...

22 Oct until 2 November. Disney first then last few nights in UOR. Also planning HHNs and hoping to book an RIP tour as we really enjoyed it a couple of years ago. At the moment booked LHR, Miami to MCO but I am hoping that BA will release more direct flights.
We were booked for March/April but we did a Christmas trip and it just felt too soon, so we postponed. Looking forward to riding Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe Tron.

So I'm doing a Disney Wish cruise followed by 5 nights in WDW in September (I know 5 nights is insane!). Its really just an extra holiday to use up my FCC I got for cancelled Disney cruises from 2020 (5 cancellations in total). It all has to be used by September and they only offer 5 day max park tickets (no idea why) so decided to just do the max I could with the parks and got a great deal on the flight. Going in May to WDW so this will be an extra trip anyway so not too sad its so short

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter