The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

On a more fun note, Bill Murray, Promoting a new music film was in Washington Square Park, in Greenwich Village, yesterday, belting out Broadway show tunes. Someone captured the performance on his cellphone and posted it:

I was there this weekend and none of our shows were canceled! Saw Flying Over Sunset, Assassins (Off-Broadway, got great reviews and lots of buzz), and Company (again). Broadway is doing great right now and there haven't been any cancellations recently. Hopefully things are looking up if shows can get past the slow winter months.

I was there this weekend and none of our shows were canceled!

Yay, glad you were able to have a good weekend.

Hopefully things are looking up if shows can get past the slow winter months.

I hope all businesses can get past the recent Broadway cancellations and the upcoming slow months. It really affects so many businesses. I was at a party at the Sheraton Times Square last Sunday night. Some of the staff of the Sheraton thanked us for holding the event there as they've been closed recently. (I don't know if they just meant the ballrooms.) Probably due to the fact that when some shows closed or cancelled, many people cancelled coming here. :(

I really wanted to see the Immersive Van Gogh exhibition. I've heard wonderful things about it. One friend said she actually sobbed while immersed in all the beauty. TMZ even talked about how great it is. It was extended a few times to finally Jan 9. I was hoping I'd get to see it after the holidays. But, instead, it closed yesterday. :(

I totally forgot there were TWO different immersive Van Gogh exhibitions. According to reviews, they were supposedly equally as great, just different from each other in some ways. The one I was planning to go to is permanently closed. But the other one is still open through April! (Hopefully!) :cheer2:

It's called Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience and it's in lower Manhattan, west of the World Trade Center on Vesey St

https://vangoghexpo.com/new-york/

It's open Fri - Mon each week from approximately 10am - 8pm (last entry.) Going though the exhibition generally takes a couple hours. It's very family friendly. People are admitted by reserved time slots, so people aren't all squished inside together. :crowded::eek::sick::crowded:

I totally forgot there were TWO different immersive Van Gogh exhibitions. According to reviews, they were supposedly equally as great, just different from each other in some ways. The one I was planning to go to is permanently closed. But the other one is still open through April! (Hopefully!) :cheer2:

It's called Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience and it's in lower Manhattan, west of the World Trade Center on Vesey St

https://vangoghexpo.com/new-york/

It's open Fri - Mon each week from approximately 10am - 8pm (last entry.) Going though the exhibition generally takes a couple hours. It's very family friendly. People are admitted by reserved time slots, so people aren't all squished inside together. :crowded::eek::sick::crowded:
It's amazing - I went to that one in early December. You definitely don't need to allocate more than 2 hours. It's pretty small but there is a small exhibit after the show and of course a massive gift shop

It's amazing - I went to that one in early December. You definitely don't need to allocate more than 2 hours. It's pretty small but there is a small exhibit after the show and of course a massive gift shop

So great to find someone who went to this one. :hyper: We originally planned to go to the other one as it was larger, although less "parts" to it. I was so bummed to find that one closed. I'll take smaller over not experiencing it at all.

Did you do the VR goggle experience too? Was that worth it? Or was being immersed in the environment enough?

We're planning to go in a couple weeks. Hopefully when the weather to get there is above 20 degrees. :cold:

So great to find someone who went to this one. :hyper: We originally planned to go to the other one as it was larger, although less "parts" to it. I was so bummed to find that one closed. I'll take smaller over not experiencing it at all.

Did you do the VR goggle experience too? Was that worth it? Or was being immersed in the environment enough?

We're planning to go in a couple weeks. Hopefully when the weather to get there is above 20 degrees. :cold:

We didn't do the VR goggle experience, just the regular experience. It is on a loop so the show runs continuously - I had thought it "started" at a certain time but you walk in and it's going on, and then you can stay through the next full showing. We did buy little plastic glasses of champagne however LOL - that was our only upgrade

ugh wish i had exchanged our music man tickets. I i really dont want to go into the city for tomorrow.

ugh wish i had exchanged our music man tickets. I i really dont want to go into the city for tomorrow.

It will be better by then. A plow went down my street 4 times already since early this morning. I was just looking at the traffic cams around Manhattan. Hopefully the worst is over.

It will be better by then. A plow went down my street 4 times already since early this morning. I was just looking at the traffic cams around Manhattan. Hopefully the worst is over.
ended up calling and switching for 2 weeks from tomorrow. Most of the time its the crossswalks I find to be the worst. I still remember climbing over mounds of snow at crosswalks when going around for college interviews. My block where my apt is is never that well shoveled right away. Hopefully 2 weeks from now isnt as bad and we will go on that saturday and eat at the places I miss :) I hadalready cancelled my dinner reservations there for tonight.

Most of the time its the crossswalks I find to be the worst. I still remember climbing over mounds of snow at crosswalks when going around for college interviews.

I just came back to warn about that. By law, all the sidewalk areas in front of businesses have to be shoveled. If someone falls, it's a major lawsuit. But, it seems to be a free for all at the street corners, especially at the crosswalks. If the temperature is still at freezing levels, then there are piles of snow there. And if the snow is melting, the sewers get all clogged up and overflowing and there are "moats" around the edges of all corners. One has to walk 5 ft out of the way to get around it, or do what I call, moat jumping.
AVvXsEh2Brh0_w0Ua4WkLSYsksq6-ESvpo9q1OEwWjU-8fMNcCftvmqRiwFb4QPNec-QBKDphKtj-VuYZezYwjtAF1hL8Du3dkPcZj-KAAgbpDBf9_8mU5uw-yTQTYOd6UC5iDKQYTOQ83YQzE2F9J_kRBfV68XnjtSxqiJY4Iflh8vvtw5vMb3YO74Eo7HqrQ
One needs really sturdy, non-slip shoes.

I'm glad you were able to change your reservations. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I happened to find a casting call on Instagram for extras for the Hudson Valley for a Hallmark movie. They may still be casting as they are filming the end of Jan and Feb in Albany, Newburgh, Staatsburgh, and Beacon, NY. Warning, it may be all outside shots.
AVvXsEiTieWg94gZ02nS2QtPzgIJHI6x2HIobFnkCu3P9DzrE6GNCTPNL7agtLWl3t6Nty6B6ZeMBYZn7vYgjtdrRdqQG_do-zw7_iW2UW7vJoWWB-5N8ULSs3yIHC6_kg0iywXboGbCIbTB29VkoMMVimlNRpDdjvX2jy8bJ5J8m7fCs3YuSrAbZqXeeiWbuw=w66-h31
All indoor shots may be done back in Canada.

Here is the notice:

If you are a Hudson Valley local, fill form out at
www.tinyurl.com/hbgform

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter