The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers Coming to Boardwalk?

This is exciting! The first time we went to Cake Bake we commented that we felt like were at Disney! It has that vibe. I hope this location feels just as magical!

The Cake Back Shop is a BIG DEAL in Indianapolis. Not sure about everywhere else?

"I am so excited to announce that I will be opening my next Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk in Walt Disney World® Resort. Expected to open in 2023!"

My daughter graduated from IU (but we’re not from Indiana), and it was the place to (try to) go for the sorority crowd on parents weekend. It definitely has the “ladies who lunch” vibe. If you can catch it when it isn’t crowded, it’s a great place. I’m excited for the BW version!

Found a video clip…but I can’t post it but look up the main website and it is on there

looks whimsical to me, a little quirky, less circus but still quirky…I wonder if this will be the a hint to the refreshed aesthetic overall

I’ve been to the one in Broad Ripple/Indy, and the cake is so delicious. Will be a great addition to Boardwalk!

$100 for a cake! Or $70 for a pie! Or maybe one slice for over $12? Great idea to serve over priced deserts over the few sit downs in boardwalk and do away with the existing bakery. Who dreams this stuff up?

Cake slice pricing is in line with what they are charging for sundaes at B&C - I'm not sure what the difference is.

$100 for a cake! Or $70 for a pie! Or maybe one slice for over $12? Great idea to serve over priced deserts over the few sit downs in boardwalk and do away with the existing bakery. Who dreams this stuff up?
I can’t speak to the Boardwalk location because we’ve never actually been over there in our many trips to Disney. But I do think Cake Bake fits in well at Disney. The Carmel location is amazing and the ambiance is magical. The cakes are beautiful. It’s a special occasion place for us. Birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You’re paying for the experience as well as the food, which is exactly what every Disney character meal is like. And one slice of cake is enormous and more than enough to split!

This seems like a really strange choice to be quite honest, especially considering their main savory items are sandwiches. Isn't the Boardwalk Bakery transitioning into a sandwich shop as well? I mean, this place looks like a cute place for a bridal or baby shower or mother's day meal, but thematically, doesn't seem to mesh with the whole Boardwalk area vibe. I don't know. Is there really that much demand for giant slices of cake? Plus, it's already so difficult to get to the Boardwalk if you're not staying there. This place should have opened in Downtown Disney instead.

The Grand Floridian would certainly be the best fit theme-wise for a Cake Bake shop, but maybe they thought it would be redundant with the Garden View tea room. If it's styled like the ones here in Indy, you will also be able to pop in and purchase to go dessert items from the case. Granted, it's a opposite end-of-the spectrum change from ESPN, but I can tell you that our menfolk get mighty bummed if we leave them off of our Cake Bake reservation. The ham/rosemary/goat cheese quiche is a family favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter