The call of the Dark Side is strong...

Congratulations! I read all eleven pages of your story this week and just reading it was a roller coaster ride. I can't imagine living it. I pray that your move goes smoothly.

Hubs left a message on Saturday with "Mike" to let him know he wants the job. Hopefully, he will get the call Monday or Tuesday regarding the formal job offer. Right now it is a verbal "We want to give you this position, let us know ASAP" offer.

I jokingly refer to our house as "The Madhouse"! LOL! Our life seems to be a roller coaster ride but, honestly, we really try not to be so dramatic!

Unfortunately, the drama seems to find us no matter how hard we try to run from it. Our dog, Sally, suddenly started acting sick on Friday night. We took her to the vet Saturday morning and she is very anemic. We have no idea what happened or what is causing it. She was acting normal on Thursday. She was at the vet 3 weeks or so ago for an eye infection and she was fine then. Anyway, she is on a ton of medications, but she is getting weaker and isn't wanting to eat/drink much. I'm afraid we are going to lose her.

And, this Friday, my mom is having heart surgery. They found some blockage but won't know if she just needs a stint or will need a bypass until they go in and do the heart cath. She has a lot of other health issues, so I'm pretty worried for her.

:sad1:

Hey everyone! I wanted to give an update since it has been awhile.. First of all, mom's surgery went great and she is doing really well! Unfortunately, our dog Sally passed away. Our family was pretty broken up over it.

As for PepsiCo.. Hubs spoke to them first thing that Monday and Mike said, "that's great! We have a couple of other interviews schedules we have to follow through with next week, but we will be in touch!"

Say what? :worried: We were expecting him to say he would draw up and send us the employment contracts, etc..

So, we waited and waited.. Only to get a generic email from them saying the position had been filled. I mean, really? We went from being upset to angry and now we are just accepting that it is what it is.. I still don't understand why they would verbally offer him the job, say it is urgent that they get a response, then give it to someone else. But whatever..

We cancelled our reservation at Bahama Bay and are having a stay cation at home this year. We are going to use our tax money to pay off some debt. We are trying to do the debt snowball so that we can be in a better position to afford a good vacation next year.

We are trying to stay positive and be excited about our spring break plans (Indianapolis children's museum and maybe a couple nights camping at Mammoth Cave if the weather cooperates) but it's not the same. The kids are being so great about it though! They are excited no matter what we plan to do, they just want to have some fun as a family! I can really take a lesson from them on being happy no matter what!

And so, our Pre Trip Report comes to a disappointing end, BUT I will be back one of these days and we will be posting a much happier trip report! :teeth:

Oh, I'm sorry that your report ended that way! :hug: And yeah, that really sucks that Pepsi withdrew the offer. Really.
Sounds like someone along the way overstepped his authority and got slapped down. But either way, it's your family that has the real fallout.

Well, at least you know you are doing the grown up thing. Many of us :blush: should follow your example. You've got some great kids there too. You'll get a chance at it again before you know it, I'll bet.

I have been on the other side of that. I was asked to fill an open position and offered the job to someone. I sent him to the main office to do the paperwork and when he showed up, the manager told him I didn't have the authority to make a job offer to anyone. I believe the same manager ended up hiring one of his "associates" to fill the job. Typical.

I am truly sorry things didn't pan out for you guys. You seem like a very nice family. Good things happen to good people so it's just a matter of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter