The Character Spot in Epcot

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
Is the FP for the Character Spot M&G only for Mickey/Minnie/Goofy? We met them one day and it was great. A few days later we got another FP for the same place but wanted to M&G Joy and Sadness. When we got to the queue, there was no FP entrance for Joy and Sadness and we stood in the only (standby) line for 40 minutes, by far the longest we waited for anything our whole stay. This was the first 2 weeks of Sept this year.

FP for Character Spot is only for Mickey/ Minnie/ Goofy. We met Joy and Sadness with maybe a 20 minute wait in August, but it was first thing in the morning right after we went to Character Spot. I looked at our Photopass Photos and our last photo with Minnie was 9:33 AM, our Baymax photo was 9:37 AM (we walked in just as he was coming out so there was no line), and our first photo with Joy/ Sadness was 9:57 AM. As the day went on, the waits got much longer so we were glad we went first thing.

Is this the same place where the Disney Visa card holders get a meet & greet? I am trying to determine where that is, thank you!

I know they are a separate m&g from Mickey, Minnie and Goofy but I SWEAR that the side where Joy and Sadness are says "The Character Spot" above the doorway, too. That's why I thought the fp would work for either side. I understand now. But I think if the wait is 40 minutes the first week of Sept, they need to offer FP for it.

The Joy, Sadness and Baymax is towards the entrance in a building. I'm sorry I cant remember what the building is but you pass through a covered area and there are doors on both sides of you and the outside is painted green. I'm sure someone knows exactly what I am talking about and knows a name for it.

I know they are a separate m&g from Mickey, Minnie and Goofy but I SWEAR that the side where Joy and Sadness are says "The Character Spot" above the doorway, too. That's why I thought the fp would work for either side. I understand now. But I think if the wait is 40 minutes the first week of Sept, they need to offer FP for it.
It IS called the Character Spot, just like the Mickey/Minnie/Goofy one. It doesn't have FP, however, which makes for lots of confused people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter