The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so yet ANOTHER question about auditions....i read through the whole thread and couldnt find an answer....

the website mentioned bringing a resume and a headshot? ....?

You may have seen the info about a resume and headshot at disneyauditions.com?

For the audition for the CP, you do not need to bring either of these items. I think you can if you want to, but it is definitely not required. I didn't see anyone bring these to the audition I attended. As long as you read and follow what it says on the CP website, you will be fine. :)

ok thank you. i DID see it at disneyauditions.com.....someone told me it might just be for PT/FT jobs in entertainment?

Thank you, Katy0708 for answering my previous question!

Here goes another one! For those of you who may have worked at AK and on the Safari, I was wondering what your peak hours tended to be like. I was looking at the sample 'peak' schedule included in the acceptance package and while it didn't seem like you'd be working there until 2 in the morning, I was curious as to what the peak schedules might be like.

Also on the safari note... does anyone know if there is a copy of the script online? I'm hopeful about possibly working there and figured it wouldn't hurt to start trying some memorization ;)

ok thank you. i DID see it at disneyauditions.com.....someone told me it might just be for PT/FT jobs in entertainment?

You're very welcome! That would probably be right. For CPs, all they require is just to come in clothing that you can move around comfortably in.

I was curious as to what the peak schedules might be like.
It totally varies based on where you work and what job duties you are doing for the day, but for the parks you can look at the park hours for the guests and subtract 2 hours for the earliest you may work or add 2 for the latest you may work.
its plausible that you could work a double, but mostly during peak times, you are probably going to be scheduled 10 hour days.

I will be flying if I get accepted so my packing is going to be limited. I already know I will be bringing my laptop, but I also have a printer/scanner that goes with it. Would it really be that big of a help to me or could I do without it? Thanks=D

I will be flying if I get accepted so my packing is going to be limited. I already know I will be bringing my laptop, but I also have a printer/scanner that goes with it. Would it really be that big of a help to me or could I do without it? Thanks=D

I would leave the printer. There are computer labs that you can use in FL, and it's one less thing you have to worry about.

Hello everyone... I just received my offer for a character performer - Pluto height and couldn't be more excited!!! I do have a couple of quick questions and am hoping someone here can help me out...

I did make it through to the advance dance audition and thought I did pretty well... but how do I get considered to do parades once I get down there? I know it is pretty hard for CPs to do parades, but I'm much more interested in parade than just getting my picture taken.

Any advice would be great - thanks! :dance3:

I don't know the answer to your question but congratulations! That is exciting for you! Maybe I'll see you in March when I come to visit before my Fall 08' CP

Hello everyone... I just received my offer for a character performer - Pluto height and couldn't be more excited!!! I do have a couple of quick questions and am hoping someone here can help me out...

I did make it through to the advance dance audition and thought I did pretty well... but how do I get considered to do parades once I get down there? I know it is pretty hard for CPs to do parades, but I'm much more interested in parade than just getting my picture taken.

There is a seperate audition for parades and special events once you get down to Florida. I think they do it every month or so... i believe. But I know that you audition in Florida!
Oh, and congrats!!!

Is it okay to attend auditions down there because I am already in Entertainment? We were told that if you were not offered an Entertainment position that you would not be able to audition for a character role until after your current CP contract is complete - they do not want CP students to be switching roles once they get there.

Does anyone know how hard it is to be in Parades - or attended one of those auditions?

A friend of mine just got approved to be in Spectromagic, Jammin' Jungle and Disney Stars and Motor Cars. She isn't on the CP but she works there seasonally. She also got approved for Fantasmic. There is no harm in auditioning. Even if you don't make it the first time, you learn and can always audition again

Is it okay to attend auditions down there because I am already in Entertainment? We were told that if you were not offered an Entertainment position that you would not be able to audition for a character role until after your current CP contract is complete - they do not want CP students to be switching roles once they get there.

Does anyone know how hard it is to be in Parades - or attended one of those auditions?

If you are already in entertainment, you can audition for any extra entertainment events. My bestfriend is a character and he is approved to be in the parade and castle show. He extended his program last fall, and when you extend, you can choose to be in the same or different role at Disney. (he chose a different role). But anyway, he is not an experienced dancer, but he got approved to be in the parade. He is good friends with Tigger and Goofy. I just think if you look like you really want to do the parade and have fun during the audition, you will be fine. It's how you present yourself and how well you can pick up a dance.

Congratulations, that's wonderful!!!

I will send you a PM regarding the questions you asked about parades.

Hey, My name is Travis and I am waiting to here from Dis on my interview that was on October 22nd it is now Holloween and I have till Monday before my two weeks of waiting is up (or even longer)!:confused: I was just wanting to know if there were any people that got there letter early, if so how early?
Just thought I would ask! I'm pretty sure that Im in, cause I got a e-mail telling me that " the time I asked off for, in my interview, for my sisters wedding was approved, and to also just let my manager know if I need any more time off"! I thought that was weird! Any Who! If anyone else has applied for the Spring Advantage 2008 shoot my an E-Mail at travis_barber@sci.edu!

Hey, My name is Travis and I am waiting to here from Dis on my interview that was on October 22nd it is now Holloween and I have till Monday before my two weeks of waiting is up (or even longer)!:confused: I was just wanting to know if there were any people that got there letter early, if so how early?
Just thought I would ask! I'm pretty sure that Im in, cause I got a e-mail telling me that " the time I asked off for, in my interview, for my sisters wedding was approved, and to also just let my manager know if I need any more time off"! I thought that was weird! Any Who! If anyone else has applied for the Spring Advantage 2008 shoot my an E-Mail at travis_barber@sci.edu!

Hey Travis. Welcome to DIS. Hopefully you will hear soon. 2 weeks is pretty average for letters arriving. What roles did you pick?

My son got his initial letter (not his final acceptance because he still has to go to auditions) on Oct 12, 10 days after his presentation and interview. Then, yesterday, he got the word-for-word identical letter (except dated the 22nd) again. Peculiar.

merch, any tips?

if anyone has ever done merch, where were you, where did you want to be, and if you could go again, where would you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter