The Contemporary, The Polynesian or The Grand Floridian.

allstar

allstar
The Contemporary, The Polynesian or The Grand Floridian. If you were only going to stay 2 nights in a standard room at any of these resorts. Which resort would you choose and why?

Poly, I would rule out Cont because the standard views are not in the tower. I have stayed at Cont once and it was in the Tower, the view was awesome! For me I just don't "get" the GF, just not my thing. Sooooo I would def go with Poly! Good luck on your choice!

Need more info like when you would be going and what your budget is. Std at CR is in the wing but would be your cheapest option but pretty much would guarantee you a parking lot view. Std at GF and Poly are better views usually. I'm fine with all three, CR would still give you the same room as the tower minus the view (lots less $$ though) and you could still walk to MK. Std a GF is garden view in most cases and the Poly as well. Poly has construction starting and GF has it ending soon.

The Contemporary, The Polynesian or The Grand Floridian. If you were only going to stay 2 nights in a standard room at any of these resorts. Which resort would you choose and why?

Out of your choices, we've stayed at the Poly and GF and my first choice would be the Poly for the tropical atmosphere, distant view of the castle from just about anywhere on the grounds, the beach for watching the fireworks, Captain Cooks for quick CS meals, and Ohana for breakfast and/or dinner. The GF is a beautiful resort and we have had great stays there, but the Poly is our favorite. We haven't stayed at the CR (we are trying it for the first time in December), but I agree with the pp that I would want to be in the tower rather than in the garden wing (which is where the standard rooms are located).

I would say Poly, we had a ground floor garden view standard in the tokulea(?) building on the quiet pool side and you could take 3 steps off the patio and see the castle. Watched the fireworks every night that way.

We have stayed at all three and if you are getting a standard room, I say Polynesian all the way. And I recommend you request the Samoa building when you make your reservation.

Tough question - all have different perks. GF in my opinion is stuffy and I never feel comfortable there and I'm always on my kids to whisper when Disney is all about fun but the rooms are nice and i like the kids pool. Poly is run down and in need of much repair and people always pool hop from the park to their pool so it's always over crowded but I absolutely love the atmosphere and dining there. CR has nice rooms and its fun to watch the fireworks from the hotel and again some great dining - not a ton of ambience on the outside and the pools to me are very plain.

If you are traveling without kids is go GF just cause its more quiet but with kids either CR or Poly

Normally I would say Poly, but with the construction starting now it may take a bit away from your experience. I agree with the CR standard rooms not being that great since they are not in the tower, and I can't comment on the GF. I'm not sure if you're committed to staying on the monorail or not, but you may want to consider WL. It's a short and relaxing boat ride to and from MK, and you can also take a boat to FW to take in the Trail's End buffet for either breakfast or dinner. Great food at an even greater price.

The CR has the most comfortable beds I've EVER slept in, and I love that very brief walk to MK. I'm a big fan! We had a Bay Lake view, but to be honest with the ambiance and the short walk to MK I wouldn't care what my view was.

With the other two you have the argument that they're on the Monorail - well, that's as long as the monorail is working properly! I'd say after CR, I'd pick Poly because you can walk over to the TTC. GF would be dead last for me.

Personally, I would choose Contemporary because it is a lot more central than the other two. It also has the California Grill which is great.
If you were really looking for good food then I would pick the Grand Floridian as it has plenty of fantastic dining options.
Or, if you were looking for the best atmosphere then I would choose the Polynesian. But for me, the convenience of the Contemporary would make me choose it.

Love both Poly and GF. It would be a hard decision. We stayed 2 days at GF in August and loved it. I didn't find it stuffy at all. Both pools are nice, and never overcrowded. Rooms, halls are nice, and each building has a lobby. Love the main lobby too, nice to sit and enjoy the piano or quartet play.

I stayed at Poly before the recent refurb, so I don't know what it's like now. But when we stayed although I loved the resort, the buildings were quite run down, especially the halls. Dingy looking, and our hallway was never vacuumed during our 7 night stay. Same debris and wrappers there all week, although why people use public halls as their trash can is beyond me :confused3 I felt it wasn't a resort someone would be paying $300+ a night for.
I hope it's better now after the refurbs, I am thinking of booking for next August.

We recently stayed 9 nights at the Contemporary and loved it.

It was nice having the balconies overlooking the MK at night. Also was nice just to take the elevator to the 4th floor and hop on the Monorail, even if its raining outside.

Also when the MK had the extended hours til 1am, its a short walk from the MK to the resort. We liked that alot.

GF is not our cup of tea. did like the Poly when we went for the Luaua, but its very spread out.

For only 2 nights, I would probably choose Poly. Standard views at Poly are pretty darn good and most longhouses (if not all?) are newly renovated and very, very nice. We've watched Wishes from both Poly and CR and while both views are very nice, we think the overall show is better from Poly. You'd be able to watch it both nights right from the Poly beach. However, there is new construction work going on, so I'd check on the status before booking it.

While we love CR, we don't love the standard rooms there as they are in the wing. If you were to book the tower, the bay lake view is the cheaper view and it's a very nice view. Walking path to MK is great.

We have not stayed at GF, and not sure if we ever will. We've visited many times and also eaten there many times, though. I think if you look at pictures of the theme and read about it, you can make a judgment if it's a good choice for your family. For just 2 nights, I might be inclined to try it just to see if it's our cup of tea!

I love the CR, especially for a 2 night stay. Sure the standard room is in the garden wing, but standard view rooms aren't in the main building of the Poly or the GF either. Some rooms in the Poly can also look at a parking lot, many are nice, but not all are great views. At the CR you book standard vs garden so you know what you will get. Garden view rooms in the Poly are nice, but garden view rooms in the CR are lovely too, and huge and comfortable!! They have nice views of Bay lake or the pool area. Sure, upper floors don't have balconies, but not all rooms at the Poly have balconies either.
The CR is walking distance to the MK!!! That saves you waiting for transportation - you can be in the MK in the length of time you could be waiting for the monorail at the other resorts. If you only have 2 days, convenience and saving time will be the most important factor as you will want to make the most of the little time that you have.

Finally, you can't beat the value of the rooms in the CR! Prices from Mousesavers for value in 2014:

CR $387, $432 GW SV $432, $465 GV

GF $549, $589 GV

Poly $482, $517 GV,

I have stayed in all three resorts and love them all, but for a 2 night stay, I would lean toward the CR.

I love the CR, especially for a 2 night stay. Sure the standard room is in the garden wing, but standard view rooms aren't in the main building of the Poly or the GF either. Some rooms in the Poly can also look at a parking lot, many are nice, but not all are great views. At the CR you book standard vs garden so you know what you will get. Garden view rooms in the Poly are nice, but garden view rooms in the CR are lovely too, and huge and comfortable!! They have nice views of Bay lake or the pool area. Sure, upper floors don't have balconies, but not all rooms at the Poly have balconies either.
The CR is walking distance to the MK!!! That saves you waiting for transportation - you can be in the MK in the length of time you could be waiting for the monorail at the other resorts. If you only have 2 days, convenience and saving time will be the most important factor as you will want to make the most of the little time that you have.

Finally, you can't beat the value of the rooms in the CR! Prices from Mousesavers for value in 2014:

CR $387, $432 GW SV $432, $465 GV

GF $549, $589 GV

Poly $482, $517 GV,

I have stayed in all three resorts and love them all, but for a 2 night stay, I would lean toward the CR.

So really, with these numbers, you could get a GV at CR for less than a regular room at GF or Poly, and be within walking distance of MK. Save some major transport time booking at CR if you're looking to do a lot of MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter