The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

NADA is only one for RV that has any real history of being dependable
NADA does seem to reflect the current market now. Last year, when I sold my 5er and bought the MH, NADA was showing prices that reflected pre-Covid prices. I got a lot more for my 5er than NADA said, but picked up the MH on consignment for about what NADA had listed. Today, almost exactly a year later, NADA has my MH $20,000 higher than when I bought it.

j

White one is HEAVY once you put the gallon of oil in it.....

Surprising enough, I just dropped off my truck for its 60k service. So all the running gear oils get changed plus an oil change.

I was lucky on my 2001 Monaco, I could sit up right next to the fuel and coolant filters which made it much easier to change. Other then the 8 gallons of oil it needed (thankfully it was only an annual thing.)

@PaHunter just service or additional repairs?

I got another recall notice on our Rig, I guess I need to deal with the dealership at least once more. They make it so difficult too, I should try calling other dealers and see if I can get them to do the work for me. Since the Winnie buyout it seems GD is gaining the reputation of being a slow pay/no pay on approved out of dealer work. My preferred local shop has had too many issues with them and will no longer take work, same with the mobile techs around here. One thinks its a certain dealer making a stink over how many times locals ask to avoid them like me.

I gave up on finding a local shop to deal with warranty things on my old Chaparral. I bought it new from a dealer in mid-Illinois. Within the 1st year, the dealer went out of business. I was warned by the sales/finance manager when we bought it to go somewhere else for service. I thought it was because they were 100 miles away, but it was also a commentary on their service department.

For anything I couldn't fix myself, I took it back to the factory in Indiana. I know not an option for a lot of people, but it was worth it to haul the 350 miles to get it fixed right and fast. I did ask several local Coachmen dealers if they would do warranty work since I didn't buy from them and was told they can't refuse to do the work, but they can prioritize me behind any of their own customers.

j

we are lucky, our local RV dealer has a long memory, we bought our first 5th wheel from them (2002), they bent over backwards on an issue (supposed 4 season) tanks kept freezing up, apparently the factory forgot to connect the basement furnace lines, anyway we had an issue with another 5er we purchased elsewhere, they still treated us as regular customers and took care of some upgrades on a SOB, first class service

we are lucky, our local RV dealer has a long memory,
The place where I bought my 1st 5th wheel is like that. Our salesman remember us and is now the manager. They are great. Unfortunately they didn't carry anything I was interested in after that first Crossroads Cruiser. I did keep it for 13 years and helped them sell at least 2 or 3 more. It is only about 10 miles from my house and I go in there for LP gas and other little things. I would definitely recommend them for anyone in the low/mid range TT/5er market.

j

I was lucky on my 2001 Monaco, I could sit up right next to the fuel and coolant filters which made it much easier to change. Other then the 8 gallons of oil it needed (thankfully it was only an annual thing.)

@PaHunter just service or additional repairs?

I got another recall notice on our Rig, I guess I need to deal with the dealership at least once more. They make it so difficult too, I should try calling other dealers and see if I can get them to do the work for me. Since the Winnie buyout it seems GD is gaining the reputation of being a slow pay/no pay on approved out of dealer work. My preferred local shop has had too many issues with them and will no longer take work, same with the mobile techs around here. One thinks its a certain dealer making a stink over how many times locals ask to avoid them like me.

They were going over the coach and the air compressor was not quite working right, so they are replacing the top end. Louvers in back had fallen off so they have to reattach then. Headlight was out, Chassis lube, and inspection of all systems. Wife almost died when I told her the total

Sorry I've been quiet for a bit. Work's been crazy but then on top of that, we had to put our sweet little Sophie Churro to sleep last week. She'd been dealing with kidney and heart issues for the last few months, and we reached the point the vet said she was in pain and there was nothing left we could do for her. It was quite literally the most traumatic thing I've ever had to do in my life. She was with us for 15 years and was the sweetest pup you could ever hope for. DW and I are still trying to recover from the loss.

@PaHunter Air compressor work is never cheap. Nor is 8 gallons of motor oil....I can only bet her eyes were wide seeing that quote.

@Bishoparc So sorry to hear, pets are family and it's never easy to lose one. Big hug and healing wishes.

Bishoparc My heart goes out to you and your family. A number of us have been where you are. Some of us still grieve the loss of beloved fur babies.
I used the idea of of once 51% of me hurts more to see my WookieBear in pain to do simple things as opposed to 49% of life without her the time had come to opt for THE LAST GREAT ACT OF LOVE I could show her.
The dog you are destined for will find you

The tire saga has concluded!! It took 4 guys and a torch to get these stupid bands off according to the tire shop. The emergency tool was useless against commercial grade G rated tires. And while I had intended to put Saliun tires on the shop found them to be on a 2-3 week backorder. I checked online and around and seemed noone listed them in stock, even simple tire which touts shipping time was vague. So after seeing what they cloud get, I went with Hercules H901 tires. They are built and made in the US, looks like currently held by ATD (American Tire Distributors) since 2019... several RV owners have spoken well about them so I figured at least I was supporting a US company. I will be able to pick them up tomorrow and finally get back on track.

They were going over the coach and the air compressor was not quite working right, so they are replacing the top end. Louvers in back had fallen off so they have to reattach then. Headlight was out, Chassis lube, and inspection of all systems. Wife almost died when I told her the total
Randy's fault! He drove it last!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter