The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

We went to the pulmonologist today. As for the nose bleed the Afrin worked. He was able to go to bed with out issue. We got 5 tanks of portable oxygen dropped off yesterday and today he passed all his oxygen tests so they say he does not need it unless his pulsox goes below 90. At the Dr it was 92 so if he can keep it up should be good. I did mention he may need it in the evenings. However if he does not need the oxygen then the nose bleed should not be a problem. Except when sleeping with the CPAP and that he has been doing for a long time. The pulmonologist said he does not need to come back for 6 weeks. His breathing is good the issue is the fluid which is because of the heart failure. More important for the Dr tomorrow since we see the cardiologist.

For how well everyone is getting along it is horrible. My mom got pissy and i was like ok but why are you mad. She is like you (talking about me) asked questions that is not how i do it. I really did not care. I was still like why are you mad. there was no reason for it. On the same note my dad got the lung breather exercise thing, and put up stink as to how long to use it. I literally want to put them in a cage match and give them each their cane and see who comes out alive. Holy cow i wanted to slap both of them. i did have to tell my mom on the breath exerciser thing. I said dont even ask him about it. they were arguing over who gets to decide when he is allowed to stop using it after a week (the nurse said to use it a week).

Oh bother. DD was tripped at her track meet today. She fell on her arm that she broke really bad 2 years ago. We took her to the ER and she has a buckle fracture. Fortunately it's not anywhere near the old fracture and she's allowed to do what she can within her pain tolerance, but still a bummer to end to her day.

She's in good spirits in her splint now. Arguing with us about going to a swim meet next weekend. Amazing what these kiddos can endure.

At the

The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center​

(The air museum at the Dulles Airport) and this made me think of all the rocket launch watching that folks on here have done over the years. Now that the Space Shuttle launches are a thing of the past, it’s amazing how emotional/exhilarating it is to watch the video of Discovery’s last launch right next to the orbiter itself. What an amazing thing it was to see these machines go! You can feel the power as you look at its rocket engines…
DFBAE5A6-C808-433B-ACD1-AF01C6D4893D.jpeg

They are a piece of history. So this one sits on the ground huh?

Being a former Pratt & Whitney engine guy, I am fascinated by space flight. I wrote about seeing the Shuttle Atlantis on display at the Kennedy Space Center on a trip a few years ago while staying at Jetty Park Campground nearby in Cape Canaveral.

Yep, there's the shuttle you saw in DC, Jimmy, the one I saw in Florida, and one in Los Angeles. The shuttle glider, Enterprise, is in NYC.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Ed

Went to cardiologist with dad on Friday. His only thing was we have to watch the fluid buildup. Said if it does can take an extra torsamide. Dad is not good at knowing when fluid is building up. Bert and I are taking bets when the next effusion happens. I feel like at this point there is not much to do but try and keep him entertained so mom and dad don’t bicker.

@4077 You where not far from me. Seeing it in person as well as the SR22 was awe inspriing.

@bama_ed It is on the ground with pretty cool special blocks between the tires which I suspect keeps all the weight off the rubber. SR22 sits the same way.

@garneska Fingers crossed you can do that...or just go back to the cage match idea and see who the winner finally is.

We started out the weekend weeding and mulching. Its a good way to spend Good Friday right? Sadly chores normally cant wait when most of our weekends are pretty packed. Even on Easter we still have dog training classes, which we are fine with us because it won't interrupt our dinner or other needs/plans.

I hope to tinker some more on the RV internet solution. I did get the puck and service, but now need to move it to the router with better hardware. It is not as simple as move the sim card over, there is some pre-configuration you need to do. I tested the puck they sent me, got a solid 30-40M down, 8-12 up. Hoping with the better equipment I will see the same or better. So now I started to look into the RV Whisper system, it is highly customizable as far as what you want it to monitor. So I been trying to decide if I stick to just power/temp or go a little further.

Last edited:
@4077 oh yeah, nonono. So may people going to see family. We even told Melissa's parents (retired) to come next weekend and skip all the traffic from West Chester to Haymarket.

Almost forgot, no one is really from up north. So, pathmark was the grocery store and the budget line was no frills , not my pic. But this was a whole isle in the store, just white and packaged like that. Including, powdered milk.

Attachments

• tumblr_pn6pg0LTRs1s9inh7_540.jpg
    tumblr_pn6pg0LTRs1s9inh7_540.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL
As we awaken this Eastern morning may we all experience the love of our families . For those that need it please , please , please DO NOT CONFUSE THE RABBIT RAISINS FOR JELLY BEANS AGAIN THIS YEAR. You know who you are

My Easter weekend, getting to watch and listen to some old friends!
20220416_223622.jpg

I'm sure I'm surrounded by fellow metal fans here on Dis. At least you know part of reason why I'm a little off.
20220416_223604.jpg

Oldest DD surprised me with a request to go.
20220416_221223.jpg

Did get camper serviced at dealer before we went so should finally get out of house soon.

I'm working all week and weekend otherwise I'd ride down to GSP for visit. Ed will have to do that for me.

Damn clever, this is. Wish I'd thought of it.

Screen grab of the current Fort check-in area on google maps this Blessed Easter Morning.

See it?

1650204131642.png

I'm sure it's just an honest mistake.

Bet it will take years to get fixed. 😂

Ed

Thanks for the heads up, may see them by me. Un
My Easter weekend, getting to watch and listen to some old friends!
View attachment 662967

I'm sure I'm surrounded by fellow metal fans here on Dis. At least you know part of reason why I'm a little off.
View attachment 662968

Oldest DD surprised me with a request to go.
View attachment 662970

Did get camper serviced at dealer before we went so should finally get out of house soon.

I'm working all week and weekend otherwise I'd ride down to GSP for visit. Ed will have to do that for me.
I think I saw them last year. Fortunately, there is a place 15 mins away, that is pretty good for concerts, outside though. They are playing again this year , but are not the headliner. Last concert most left when they came on. Kids these days don't know good music!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter