The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I am trying to recall if that was the team the showed up to Hyperfest one year before it moved from Summit Point to VIR.

I 'met' Luca (never had to tow him) when he was at summit point in a f2000 at 15. He was FAST and more important, consistent.

Morgan is much like Luca, grew up at the track around racing whole life.

I keep saying I am going to put more funds towards racing again, and then I go and book a 2 week California adventure. I would like to get back on the track wheel to wheel, but I think for now I am going to just do more to get to HPDE events and instruct and get my track time.

I would like to get back on the track wheel to wheel, but I think for now I am going to just do more to get to HPDE events and instruct and get my track time.
It's funny, but I don't have any desire to get back on track. I have the RS, which is a fun little street/track beast, but it isn't anywhere near what I raced and I think I'd be disappointed. I can't afford to get back into it at the level I did, so I'm content to go out once in a while and see my old friends race.

j

I never went past regional, so my budget wasn't too bad. I been involved as a worker since before my racing hiatus. I would like to go back, but I also like lots of other things I been up to. I been enjoying our time traveling and seeing the country, so that will still take precedent over any racing related items.

Tomorrow the deck contractor arrives to get started, I think. I hope some of the snow melts by then because the deck is a pile of snow or ice depending on where the dogs stomped down. We will see if they can get started and deal with the predicted rain. Personally, I am OK if it delayed a week, yet he did promise to start this week and trying really hard to keep his promise even with the weather. Plus side of winter work, they are hungry and not that busy.

I been enjoying our time traveling and seeing the country, so that will still take precedent over any racing related items.
That's sums things up pretty well. The other factor was Donna and Ian stopped coming to races long before I quit racing. Road racing isn't really a spectator sport and Ian never got into the mechanical/driving side of it the way we hoped. I had a magical last season that made it easy to walk away.

I know contractors are hungry right now, but working in the cold and snow has to stink. We are getting freezing rain all day, so not much of anything happening here.

j

Well said. I keep saying I will get back into it, but I have not really done anything to get there. So I might just accept that part is done and I am ready to embrace stumbling around the US in the RV.

With the way this winter has been going I figured he was going to have some low 50s. Then this snow and cold snap hit. Today is already 38 with a high of 42, tomorrow 45, then 60 by Wednesday with rain. I was going to wait till March to do the work but he was willing to do it now so figured why not. I feel for them though.

Last edited:
Today the contractor is rained out, actually since about 2pm yesterday. However, the dog door is operational again as most of the deck surface is done and some temp step boards are set in place. We are excited and its looking great! They hope to finish up tomorrow which will be perfect.

IMG_7162.jpeg

I started my Cali planning again last night. So far just trying to decide where we are going to stop each night and locate hotels. With the flooding in San Diego we are going to monitor and maybe adjust to spend less time down there depending on how much rebuilding needs to happen.

Thanks all. we considered a lot on color choices . The black balusters really help them disappear.

My plan for the tank screen and under deck is siding with white pvc trim with black vinyl lattice. Some spring pressure washing and re-sand the patio and should look great!

Last edited:
One project leads to another right? This has nothing to do with the deck, that was just opportune timing and a big money savings to get it done before spring. The original project to move the door included replacing the furniture in the family room with something that made better use of the space. So a few weekends ago we went shopping (and learned how vast the prices range) for a new couch and accompaniment.

Melissa wanted a sectional, and we found one we liked that fit our space. In addition, we got some new accent chairs and replaced the current tables.

IMG_7187.jpeg
IMG_7188.jpeg

Oddly, while sitting at a random kitchen set waiting till we left to pick up our DD from gymnastics a mile down the road, we actually found we liked this new table and the price was right. It did mean retiring my Nana's old solid maple table. However, my sister said she wanted it and if she had not claimed it I would find an antique shop to take it so it just didn't go to waste. It just had outgrown its use with us.

IMG_7189.jpeg
IMG_7191.jpeg

we picked up a matching sideboard table too. Here it is with the pinboard that started it all!
IMG_7190.jpeg

So now minus the dinning room chairs I need to refinish this spring, at least Melissa has proclaimed the main level of the house is finished!!!

While I am usually not a fan of the chain discount furniture stores, I will say that Bob's discount so far has been great to work with. During delivery there were several items damaged out of the box (not by the delivery crew), and even one seat side table had the completely wrong legs. The delivery crew took pictures, reported it all and then Bob's CS called me and they scheduled to bring out replacements for all the items in about a week We still have most of them for use till then which is nice And they will swap them out then.

Last edited:
4 Days!

I was just looking and realized I only had 30 days before I was at Spring Training, but your 4 makes me want to stop by the Fort first.

@jbrostek James, The main floor looks great, but you know NOTHING is ever really "done". :)

j

Last edited:
Very true! However, think she is ok with taking a break to pay things off and build up savings again. We do have graduation, California, DD moving into JMU and Disney left to budget for.

4 Days!

I was just looking and realized I only had 30 days before I was at Spring Training, but your 4 makes me want to stop by the Fort first.

@jbrostek James, The main floor looks great, but you know NOTHING is ever really "done". :)

j

We'll be at Opening Day for The Cactus League🌵⚾ 3 weeks from today (hopefully).

Gotta get new tires put on the Aliner first.

Ed

That's quite the haul. Although Jupiter, for me, isn't exactly an afternoon drive either.

Have fun!

j

This one is for @bama_ed

We took a Sunday drive up to Pere Marquette State Park, one of our usual places up the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers. I saw this barge heading down river on the Illinois. Marquette Transportation makes sense as the explorer spent a lot of time here, but the Titletown, USA made me do a second look. Marquette transportation is based out of Paducah, so no real association with Tuscaloosa.

20240204_114503.jpg20240204_114546.jpg20240204_114553.jpg

j

This one is for @bama_ed

We took a Sunday drive up to Pere Marquette State Park, one of our usual places up the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers. I saw this barge heading down river on the Illinois. Marquette Transportation makes sense as the explorer spent a lot of time here, but the Titletown, USA made me do a second look. Marquette transportation is based out of Paducah, so no real association with Tuscaloosa.

EVERYBODY wants to associate with a winner, @Teamubr.

Although you can't win 'em all, Alabama has had a sustained long-term standard of excellence with Saban, Bryant, and others.

Other head coaches who were excellent like Wallace Wade and Gene "Bebes" Stallings.

And our new hell-of-a-coach, Kalen DeBoer, will keep the high standard going (at least, the Chamber of Commerce and everyone else who makes a buck off Bama Football hopes so).

Bryant had a Alabama Fan Club up in Pennsylvania (Penn State area) during the 70s with his great wins against them (still there).

The Hawaii Chapter of the Alabama Alumni club swelled while Tua Tungovailoa was here (Bama even had an Hawaiian radio affiliate to carry games live despite the time differential) so the Bama love has no limits on its world-wide appeal.

And finally, even in the Holy Land, the Alabama tradition is know, loved, and respected.

Jerusalem-Feature.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

Even Conan O'Brien found his way to the holiest part of the Holy Land.

And in popular movies ...

And in popular music .....

(Listen to the Steely Dan lyrics).

So Jim, I eagerly await your embrace of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

I can walk a few blocks down the street to talk to our Athletic Director, Alumni Association President, and (Financial Giving) Crimson Tide Foundation Directors and put in a good word for you.

Plus I know a house less than 10 minutes walk from the football stadium that you can park/tailgate/rest at on a game weekend. Tickets can be had for a favorable price too.

Just say the word. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the opportunity to share the world-wide embrace of the Alabama Crimson Tide for nearly 100 years. :sad1: From Alabama greatness at the Rose Bowl in the 1920s until now, it's a Crimson Tide world.

Ed

PS - I'm sure everyone reading this post has learned a great deal that will make a meaningful impact on their lives. :duck:

Last edited:
So Jim, I eagerly await your embrace of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

I can walk a few blocks down the street to talk to our Athletic Director, Alumni Association President, and (Financial Giving) Crimson Tide Foundation Directors and put in a good word for you.

Plus I know a house less than 10 minutes walk from the football stadium that you can park/tailgate/rest at on a game weekend. Tickets can be had for a favorable price too.

Thanks for the opportunity to share the world-wide embrace of the Alabama Crimson Tide for nearly 100 years. :sad1: From Alabama greatness at the Rose Bowl in the 1920s until now, it's a Crimson Tide world.
Well, I figured if I put the ball on the tee, you'd drive it all the way home. But you out did yourself. :) I didn't know there was such a Jewish following.

I have a good friend in Knoxville that almost had me putting a big orange "T" on my truck for a while. And 'bama certainly has good cred for a college team.

But, even though StL isn't really a football town, we have a great cross state REAL football team to root for. You know the one that is going back to the Superbowl again. And as good as Tua is, he learned that playing real ball isn't quite the same as playing with a really good school team. :duck:

Besides, even Mizzou has stepped up their game in the SEC. Might even give the Big "A" a run next season. They certainly surprised Ohio State, Tennessee and Florida this past season.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter