The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I don't have grass. Well, a little but the HOA takes care of cutting grass. We're responsible for our landscaping and that's an all year thing. I'm not complaining though, none of that cold frozen stuff! 🥶

Tomorrow is sign up day @bama_ed for Wine and Dine weekend. Ed be ready, i expect the 5k to be popular. get on before 10 am and make sure you are following the Wine and Dine thread. People will post unused spots in the virtual line. I believe i used one of those last year for Wine and Dine.

Good luck and may the force be with us.

Which one should I try for first? 5K or 10K?

I'll use the method employed by most registrants but if it comes down to having to pick, which? I have read that in the past the 10K was the first to fill up although the Swedish Chef medal for the 5k seems to interest many folks.

I had been reading up on the runDisney board for the W&D to prepare.

Based on how the trees and grass are reacting, I think we are past hard freeze and charging straight into spring bloom. Guess ill need to work on pulling the mower out for the first cutting. Lots of little projects to tackle this spring as we prepare for a HS graduation party. First thing ill have to do is clean up all the fallen branches from two straight days of high winds.

@bama_ed typically 10k, but with Halloween so close and the Swedish chef I think 5k will go first. How many people are you signing up? Just yourself or is Kristina going too? If it is just you always pick the one you want most, but I think 5k first and I stayed at a holiday inn last night 🤣

Just signing up me tomorrow for whatever I can get, Kris.

I tried to get me and DD signed up a few years ago for the 5k/10k during Marathon week in early January but I was filling in the forms for the two of us (she had to work that morning - ha!). Well I got one of loaded in and which seemed to go okay then went to load in the second person and then hit SUBMIT for both of us. And it failed because one of the races had FILLED UP WHILE I was entering data. So we got nothing.

Whatever happens happens. I can try for future short runs at Disney for the next 10 years so not mission critical tomorrow.

But it would be preferred to get them out of the way.

ED

Which one should I try for first? 5K or 10K?

I'll use the method employed by most registrants but if it comes down to having to pick, which? I have read that in the past the 10K was the first to fill up although the Swedish Chef medal for the 5k seems to interest many folks.

I had been reading up on the runDisney board for the W&D to prepare.

Well I manage to get BOTH the 5k and 10k for the Wine & Dine weekend of runDisney (5k, 10, and half). The IT experience with Disney races is never boring - it's an emotional ride on something like GOTG. Those two races are Nov 1 (5k) and Nov 2 (10k) at 5am :crazy: starting at the Epcot parking lot.

Prolly the last Disney races I'll sign up for too. I did 5k, 10k, Half, Whole back around turning 40 and did the Half and Whole already in my late 50s so this will fill my bingo board.

I'm satisfied with that.

Ed

Here in PA the weather was nearly 70 degrees today after 2 days of strong winds and whiteout conditions...after couple days of rain to raise the rivers/creeks and flood out a few low-lying roads...and the daffodils blooming. Won't be cutting grass in next week or two, snow won't stick but a day if a nor'easter dumps on us, and can't safely plant garden for another 8 weeks. But lunch outside next few days means I might not re-enter the office building to finish the workday...just beautiful.

This weekend should be able to pick up RV from inspection and routine maintenance appointment ('routine' for a 15-year-old rig translates into nickel-and-diming) And started making a few campsite reservations last weekend - a little late, but part of events with FMCA Chapter: Penn Coachmen. After last year on the road more than home, expect this year will be much less with trip to FW capping it off in November --- assuming rig, Jeep, and I make it that long. Anyone got an extra spool of bailing wire and a roll of duct tape?

Good news...Reba still keeping me on my toes despite porcupine encounter last June. She's eager for the first camping trip of the year, too. "When are we firing up the diesel and hitting the road, Mommy?"

@MrsPAHunter We all have those years. Last year we did lots of little trips, this year we are struggling to find any weekends at least before July/August that will work for us. We do have our non RV trip end of June, and a LOT of other things going on before that with our oldest graduating!! I feel like even a 4 year old rig could nickle and dime you, just gotta figure out what it really needs vs. what can wait right?

This weekend will be my first time take the RV out this season. I got her all ready to go and did the mod I wanted to for the toilet valves. I know it seems minor, yet a good way.

1710506785277.png

At least now if a flush valve fails I can turn off just that fixture.

The yard needs a lot of attention still, but it will have to wait till after the race weekend.

Opened up the rig today. Charging batteries, checking for signs of Mickey's Kansas cousins, and needed to troubleshoot the furnace that I haven't diagnosed since our spring break trip last year.

No signs of mice and the furnace was just a sticky sail switch. Found a few other odds and ends to tinker with, but it feels like it's about time to camp.

With all our life transition last year (my retirement from the military and new job mostly) we haven't camped since the Midwest DISMeet in Springfield, IL. That's the longest we've gone without camping since we've owned a camper.

You need to get to it. Where are you headed. We are going to the lake in April. There is a campground right around the corner from my dad. Middle of April is about the earliest you can de-winterize and feel safe it won't freeze again.

It's been a fun weekend. Let's start with the positive. I had FIL taxes done by 2pm on Sunday. I started Saturday morning. We also go to visit with extended Ohio family on Saturday night. I have not seen most of them since Dec 22 i think. We have been back to Ohio but the last few visits did not get a chance to see everyone. That being said we got to cold ohio on friday night. Though the weather was actually pretty good for Ohio until yesterday.

Friday was a disaster, we had weather in Atlanta and i needed to visit mom around lunch since our flight was at 5. Weather meant traffic would be an issue. I had planned to leave for AL around 11. Plans change. I got a call at 9:30, mom was going to the ER. Her catheter was leaking, still had no home health, and her legs were a lot swollen. I left around 10:30 to meet mom at the ER. They did chest xray, blood work, and leg ultra sound. Eventually got a new catheter. She seemed ok so i left at 1 pm to get home to go to the airport. She did not get back to AL till 10 pm. No blood clots in the legs, consolidation in the lungs, and her BNP was 750. They are saying CHF. They did not tell her and i have not told her either. i have talked to her everyday. She feels horrible and is depressed. My mission today from Ohio is to get her home health and PT.

I went for a walk on Saturday, it was beautiful for Ohio, sunny and 56 but windy. My knee hurt. Did not do near enough. Knee has been bothering me for a week so no running again. It is making me grumpy.

Right now the plan is to head back to Atlanta on Wed night. Mom told me on the phone she wanted me home. I feel so bad. Especially because we will leave again for our cruise a week after we get back.

Its 26 feels like 18 this morning and we might get some snow.

Got a phone call mom is going back to the ER. She can't move her legs. She has no PT orders so has done nothing for two weeks. I know she is not good but at this point because of medical incompetence she might not make it another 6 days. i am extremely unhappy and all i do is make phone calls and leave messages.

Welcome back to the Midwest and our lovely weather. It was 25 this morning on the way to work. High in the 40s, but this looks like the last day in the 20s for a while. 65 tomorrow, so hopefully Ohio will warm up a bit too.

Sounds like a nice trip to Ohio. Maybe not relaxing, but productive and it's nice to see family. Hopefully your mom is still having transition issues at AL, but it would be nice to get home health on board. You know CHF can be managed, but is still a tight rope walk between being OK and not OK. It doesn't take too much to get pushed off the wire.

Nurse the knee through until the next round of injections and don't let it get to you. (hard, I know).

j

I know everyone at home is about asleep right now, but I arrived yesterday (for work) to a place where it is middle of the day… as my job (getting us here) is done for the next 5 days, I am doing something tomorrow:

IMG_4594.png

IMG_4595.jpeg

I am SO excited…. I have seen some treats that I hope I can find!!! Also, that package ticket gets me into the priority line for six rides…

Zootopia, Tron, Raging Rapids, Buzz Lightyear, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Challenge Trails at Camp Discovery.

I will try to hit up Soaring over the horizon and Pirates first before I use my priority passes.

Very excited…. Mostly cloudy, dry and high 60’s forecast, so expecting a great day!

The company (we call them handlers) who took care of getting everything organized for the arrival of our flight has a wonderful sweet lady, Shirley, in charge. She organized private transportation to and from Disney for me, complimentary!! Can’t wait… pics and stories to come!!!!!

@4077 Yup I am jealous....

Made it through the first camping weekend without issues or the need to use my new shutoff valves. The bedside lights where definitely worth it.

This week its back to house and yard. The dogs how now requested I mow their area (the little ones at least.) So I guess I need to get moving on that. WE have a corp holiday Friday and I plan to use that to get a bunch done around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter