The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

In the same picture on the right side are two bell pepper plants (left red, right green) and as you can see the red never really took off vertically even though it has 4 tennis ball size peppers growing under the leaves. So today, in case that red pepper in the bale doesn't reach its full potential, I went to Home Depot and got another red bell pepper, a backup plant if you will, which has more of that verticality like its green neighbor to the right.

I did pick that one little red tomato and right behind it (in that cluster of 4) is another one ripening a partial red as of today. We are 5 weeks in since I put these plants out in my driveway.

ED
Last year I read about Epsom Salt spray for pepper plants. I had the biggest plants and best crop ever.

Last year I read about Epsom Salt spray for pepper plants. I had the biggest plants and best crop ever.

My father told me about ES for my tomato blossom end rot, Denise, but I researched it and the research said that it was just a folk tale.

But if you got the results you did on the peppers (which I had not heard of), who's to argue with it?

Can't hurt to try it I guess.

Last edited:
@team bradfield That is a heck of a kit. I will heave to look at it a bit more. Do you use it for just final rinse or full wash?

Thanks to the weather slowed down my progress on the shed. I have much of the trim up, just have one set of doors that need some rotten wood removed and replaced before I put the trim up. Then I can finish up the rest of the project.

Puzzle hanging project has stalled. Seems the weeks leading to graduation and having back to back gymnastics meets for our youngest leaves very little time for us to work on it when everything about the project needs 2 people due the size of each puzzle. We will get it hung, just maybe not before the party.

@team bradfield That is a heck of a kit. I will heave to look at it a bit more. Do you use it for just final rinse or full wash?

Thanks to the weather slowed down my progress on the shed. I have much of the trim up, just have one set of doors that need some rotten wood removed and replaced before I put the trim up. Then I can finish up the rest of the project.

Puzzle hanging project has stalled. Seems the weeks leading to graduation and having back to back gymnastics meets for our youngest leaves very little time for us to work on it when everything about the project needs 2 people due the size of each puzzle. We will get it hung, just maybe not before the party.
Final rinse only

Ok so yesterday, I was thinking about my back steps. They were all cracked, and i have been pondering redoing them. I was going to make a bigger platform, maybe take out the back windows and put in a slider , then close up the existing door. But, I got lazy, so I just ripped off the rotten steps and platforms shored it up and replaced the steps. When the wood dryes it will get painted. So by spending 2 hundred I saved 10 or 15 k. Its good enough. Lol. 20240516_100619.jpg20240516_144314.jpg20240516_144322.jpg20240516_144342.jpg

Ok so yesterday, I was thinking about my back steps. They were all cracked, and i have been pondering redoing them. I was going to make a bigger platform, maybe take out the back windows and put in a slider , then close up the existing door. But, I got lazy, so I just ripped off the rotten steps and platforms shored it up and replaced the steps. When the wood dryes it will get painted. So by spending 2 hundred I saved 10 or 15 k. Its good enough. Lol. View attachment 859849View attachment 859850View attachment 859851View attachment 859852

Works for me, Spencer. :thumbsup2 ED

Nice job Spencer.

You need to be careful though. Those little "stair" projects have a way of turning into a much bigger project.

This was the outcome of me wanting to put stairs off the back of my porch.

How it started: It had a storm door and cheap old storm windows and only a side door when I bought the house.

20151106_160341.jpg

Adding some stairs turned into this:

20180605_163615.jpg

That 100+ year old brick footing holding up the whole corner of the house was cracked and crumbling.

20180930_160832.jpg

20181014_161828.jpg

20181028_181334.jpg

And ended up with this: Insulated, double pane windows, heated in the winter.

20240516_183942.jpg

j

Thats exactly what I was getting at, and while I can do it. And it would be an improvement. For us its not worth it. Was going to do a wrap around deck to the hot tub, new stairs, door ,etc. I can afford it, and do the work. But I let it sit a bit and took the easy way out. Lol. Score one for me....
Yours does look great and compliments the home.

Wow @Teamubr, that is a drastic improvement!

After days of rain on and off, finally got some work done on the shed. All that is left is the lattice and trim board and ill snap a few photos.. Sadly forgot to get before pictures, though there are some in the background I can probably crop. Will feel good to get that checked off.

Not that the rainy days went to waste. We have 3 puzzle panels so far "glued" using contact paper. Not going to get up before the party though. While my DW would love for that to happen, the fact that everything surrounding that project is a 2 person ordeal. Sadly due to just so many events going on with back to back gymnastics meets, practices and graduation events we just have not had two people around to keep it going. Hope to have it done before we head to Cali.

Also with the rains maybe finally gone I can get up on the RV roof and install the soft starts. So far the 2 times I tried when it wasn't raining a small storm blew through. And since it will be in use come this week as guest quarters, I hope to knock that out today or tomorrow before the next round of rains comes in.

@bama_ed

What's up with your Guar-Indians this year? It's like the season has started upside down. 😁

20240521_190758.jpg

Cleveland is in 1st place.

And the Cards are stuck near the bottom. They can barely draw a crowd.

20240521_184218.jpg

Granted, this is a week day and we are expecting storms, but this is sad for Cardinal Nation.

j

@bama_ed

What's up with your Guar-Indians this year? It's like the season has started upside down. 😁
View attachment 861966

Cleveland is in 1st place.

Jim, when I left Phoenix with DW at the first of March, I gave my Tribe a pep talk.

-New manager, no problem.
-No starting pitching, no problem.
-Lowest home run total the prior year, yuck.

DO BETTER!

Despite the Cy Younger winner on our team lasted about a week into the season before going out for a year of injury (his last year on our contract no less), my team of lovable losers has pressed into the 2nd quarter of the season leading the Central (which is no big brag by itself).

I fully believe the Tribe will collapse after the All Star game (like always) but they do have the #1 pick in the MLB draft this summer and will choose an offensive weapon like Charlie Condon at Georgia.

But your Cards .... dude .... I was hoping for a Jupiter Spring Training trip to watch StL and eat a foot long with ya in the coming years but .... nah .... :sad2: maybe not. They need to do better.

Ed

PS - if we end up in Jupiter, we might run into Nick Saban and his wife.

Last edited:
Have faith, Ed.

The Cards are about what I expected after the "do nothing" off season.

Game update.

Tied in the bottom of the 6th and raining like crazy.

Am I leaving? NO!

j

Have faith, Ed.

The Cards are about what I expected after the "do nothing" off season.

Game update.

Tied in the bottom of the 6th and raining like crazy.

Am I leaving? NO!

I woulda been running to my car when the tarp came out (especially on a work night).

At least I'll be able to listen to the finish of your game (which was suspended last night) this morning on my MLB At Bat app. Go Cards!

While Jim waited out the rain, I finally finished off most of the shed. I still have some fillers to add to the eve but that requires access to a table saw and not going to happen before the party.

I think it turned out well enough which was pretty much the goal for this poor shed anyway. This was the only before picture I could find from 2020 (forgot to take some)
1716381082231.jpeg

It looked so much worse this year with the trim falling off and the eve looking pretty bad. And this is the final product. Pretty sure next time around it will just either get completely replaced or heavilly reworked.

IMG_7419.jpeg
IMG_7420.jpeg

Now onto other small projects like installing the soft starts on the RV before its used as guest suite. And some minor painting of the front door area which I plan to do today. Should not take too long, most of the work is prep to avoid over spray since I am using spray paint for the aluminum column covers.

I woulda been running to my car when the tarp came out (especially on a work night).

At least I'll be able to listen to the finish of your game (which was suspended last night) this morning on my MLB At Bat app. Go Cards!
I finally threw in the towel right before they announced it was postponed until today. The annoying part is they will continue the game at 11 this morning and then go into the scheduled afternoon game. We can't get into watch the finish (the stadium is 4 miles from work and there is a light rail station on campus and one at the stadium). They are giving us a "coupon" to use for a future game. I come to work today and see my nursing directors wearing Cardinals apparel. It seems the nursing leadership is going to this afternoon's game in the BJC box. I haven't been considered a "nursing leader" in a long time. Now, I'm one of those weird data geeks that happens to be a nurse.

Oh well. They aren't being let in early to see the rest of last nights game either.
While Jim waited out the rain, I finally finished off most of the shed. I still have some fillers to add to the eve but that requires access to a table saw and not going to happen before the party.

I think it turned out well enough which was pretty much the goal for this poor shed anyway.
That looks great, James.

j

Ok, so the camper is de winterized and sanitized. Will clean it out this week, repack it and wash and wax next week. All set. I did use I trick I herd of to get the bleach in the tank. My TT dosent have a gravity fill. I do use the pump that's inside for winterizing, but it's under the couch that I have to prop up and I have little space to work while randomly diverting water to diffrent areas untill I get suction. Lol. So, just grabbed a funnel, and poured the bleach in the hose, then filled the fresh water tank. Super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter