The 'double surprise' TR.... Finished!

DLPDreams

I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!
Finally sorted out some of our photos so thought I'd start a TR. I didn't do a PTR because I had secretly upgraded us to the Disneyland Hotel (from the Hotel New York) and I didn't want DH to read about it before we got there! ;) Surprise No 1

Cast:
Me - 30 something. Always loved Disney related stuff (first ever film at Cinema was Snow White), but became more interested once we had our first daughter who was born a Princess obsessive! Favourite film & charactes - Alice in Wonderland by far.

DH - 30 something (near the big 40 mark though - shhh!). Not a Disney fan through and through but appreciates the beautiful detail at DLRP. Desperate to do WDW but realises it is prudent to wait until DD2 is a little older. Likes - Buzz Lightyear - obviously :lmao:.

DD1 - just turned 7. Disney mad! Favourite characters - Peter Pan & friends, Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel (big fave at the moment), Mulan and Mary Poppins.

DD2 - just turned 4. Isn't as Princess mad as DD1 was but is learning fast! Favourites are Jasmine & Belle. She also loves Stitch :).

We hadn't been to DLRP since 2009 as we bought a new house in 2010 that has needed total refurbishment. This year, I decided that due to the 20th anniversary and the fact DH had been away for a long while, working away, we need a Disney fix!

Timing:
Sun 3rd June - Friday 8th June 2012 (5 nights)

Place:
Originally booked the HNY using our Dream AP room rate but then I got cold feet nearer the time and decided to upgrade to the DLH (we have always stayed here on previous trips), however there was no AP rate so I had to book a 1 adult package and go the room tax route. Issue was that the DLH was showing full for our last night (Thurs 7th June) so we had to have two reservations in the end - one for 4 nights at the DLH, one for the HNY for one night (which was for 4 adults Dream AP rate)! However, 4 days before our trip, after emailing several times for an availability update, I got an email to say they could change our hotel for our last night. However, we had to keep the two bookings and just amend the HNY one - confusing I know, and little did I know that it would cause major issues once we arrived at the hotel and for the rest of our stay. I had been ensured that both bookings would be linked together and that the hotel would be aware of 4 people on the booking etc. Sadly, it all went wrong! :sad:

Day One:

So, the morning of our trip. The DDs thought we were off to a friend's local caravan and were excited. However, about 1.5 hours before we were due to leave for the airport we surprised them with a treasure hunt from a 'special friend'! They followed the clues with great excitement and finally put them together - DD1 worked out it spelled 'Disney' and then they found their Disney bags filled with little mementos and 20th anniversary autograph books which I'd customised with their names & dates on in pink glitter! Needless to say their excitement was amazing pixiedust:. Surprise No 2 - hence TR title.

Here they are just after they've found their bags:

011.jpg

010.jpg

We headed for the airport and everything went smoothly. We were shortly on our flight to the Magic! After collecting our hold luggage we met John from Ezyshuttle in arrivals and packed up ready to go to the HNY - or the DLH as I announced! DD1 was jumping up and down like a loon as she remembers the hotel well. DH just looked at me gobsmacked! :cool1:

We arrived at around 5.15 pm and there was a huge queue at Reception. I patiently waited our turn while the girls flew around the lobby area and DH looked on! When I went to check in they only had me on the booking (the one adult package) and no record of our second booking for the last night, or the fact we had 4 of us. Wouldn't normally be an issue but they only had fastpasses for me and said they didn't have time (due to being busy) to print out all the others. In addition, they wouldn't let me have FPs for Thurs 7th or Fri 8th June as they said they were part of the second reservation. My Hotel pass also only went up to 11 am on Thurs 7th - not an issue only we had agreed to put everything on the room and pay at check out. They told me I couldn't collect that until Wednesday evening! :confused3

I expressed my disappointment at being told one thing my the CM who booked our trip, and having something completely different happen on check in. I was assured that our FPs would be in our room within 15 mins so that we could then head to the Park and use them. We headed to our room - not the largest room I've ever been in (smallest I've had in the DLH) but it was still in OK condition - apart from the curtains falling off in one area! 15 mins came and went, our bags arrived - hurrah! I was getting concerned that we needed to upgrade our APs into permanent ones and wanted to catch the AP office so decided to go to the Park with only one FP believing they would be in the room that night on our return :scared:.

Arrival in the Park was lovely, we took the obligatory photo:

016.jpg

We headed straight to the AP office and there was about a 20 minute wait. DH stood around with the girls and then took them outside for a little while - he had to stay in the vicinity as they all needed their photos take for their APs. By this time it was 7 pm - the parade started and the girls managed to get their first glimpse by the old Castle stage which was nice. They couldn't see very well but I told them we had a few days in which to catch it properly :thumbsup2. APs sorted and we headed off for some food as were hungry by this point.

We crossed over to Frontierland and headed straight to Fuente del Oro for a snack - somewhere I've never been but wanted to try due to recs on here. We weren't disappointed - the food ordering was quick and it was hot, and reasonably good value too :thumbsup2.

The girls had the children's chicken strips meal with ice cream for pudding.

018.jpg

I had the chicken fajita meal with rice & churros for pudding - yum yum!

019.jpg

020.jpg

DH had the chilli & rice meal - he didn't get a pudding with his but shared ours.

017.jpg

All meals came with drinks (soft for us and OJ for girls) and cost 33 euros with AP discount which was really good value. I'll put photos here but copy this into the Fuente food thread for completeness :goodvibes.

Tbc.....

I can't believe the issues you had at the DLH! It beggars belief that they can't get bookings right!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR, I think that is the first photo I have seen of your girls since they were born, I can't believe how much DD1 looks like you at that age!! Love their faces, they look so excited!

Will pop back on later to look for any updates...!

Your girls look so happy about their surprise, they must have been over the moon. :goodvibes

Sorry to hear you had problems with the DLH, for the amount you pay they should have been bending over backwards to help you and being busy shouldn't be any excuse for not printing out your things there and then! I could sort of understand you not getting fastpasses for Friday but surely Thursday was the check out day for your first room so that shouldn't have been a problem. We were given fastpasses for check in and check out day.

You forgetting your AP discount made me laugh as we did this several times on our trip too. :confused3 I even forgot to ask for our free drinks in Walts and Auberge even though I had our APs out both times as we arrived so they knew we needed discount before they made up the bill.

Congratulations on upgrading to DLH, but sorry to hear things didn't go smoothly.

Your dd's look really happy after their treasure hunt :)

Look forward to hearing more :goodvibes

What I love about this is that I have brought MYSELF those same minnie mouse for our trip at the weekend! :rotfl: I am such a kid!!!!!

Such a shame about the check in problems :( but glad the girls loved the surprise! Food looks lush too! The cheese sauce reminds me of WDW soooo much!

Thanks for the replies - I'll reply to you all when I've finished day one if that's OK - just to try and keep it together.... :)

Day One cont:

I've just found some photos that I took on the first night of our bathroom (I have some of the bedroom but later on as we'd messed it up by this point :rotfl2:). The usual stuff really but I do love the bathroom mirrors with Snow White the dwarfs and the little tray of toiletries is nice - the soap smells lovely and has a little indent of Tink on it :flower3:.

Here they are:

097.jpg

096.jpg

095.jpg

098.jpg

Back in the park, we decided to have a walk around Adventureland after finishing our food (not before collecting 3 FPs for BTM - as I obviously had my own FP from the DLH - the time was for later on that night - 9.50 pm ish I think. It's funny as during this trip we spent quite a lot of time in Adventureland (POTC mostly) and Frontierland (BTM). The girls both really liked the theming which they haven't in the past (DD2 LOVES pirates!). We definitely spent less time in Fantasyland this year which I thought would be the opposite! :confused3

So, DD2 was amazed at Hook's ship (she loves Jake & Neverland Pirates and Peter Pan too). We had a little look around and a look inside Skull Rock - never been in/on either before as the girls weren't interested, so both were firsts.

025.jpg

026.jpg

We also went into the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse which we've never done before. I think DH was the most taken with this :lmao:.

033.jpg

We thought we'd give POTC a go as there was no queue (which was odd as the rest of the park seemed quite busy!). DD1 went on last trip but was only 4.5 years old so couldn't remember it that much. She is much more easily scared (takes things very literally - to her everything is totally real), than her little Sister so it was hard work getting her to walk through the dark walkway. Once on and through the dark bits to where the animatronics are she was fine and they both came out loving it!

We crossed back to Frontierland for our BTM FP slot. This is the first time the girls have been on this ride but we took them to Legoland last year and we rode the Dragon/Castle coaster (can't remember the name) which was a little similar in speed etc, so I was hoping they'd enjoy it. DD2 has just turned 4 but is very tall for her age so was tall enough to ride - phew! We all loved this ride and DH was so pleased that we were able to do something a bit more adventurous as a family (as opposed to just IASW & PP etc!). It became a firm family favourite and I think we must have rode it at least 20 times over the next few days thanks to VIP fastpasses & DLH fastpasses - we never queued in the normal queue once! Both DDs have talked about this ride so much since returning home - I hadn't really expected it to be such a hit! :p

047.jpg

051.jpg

053.jpg

We had a little look at Phantom Manor - we didn't do this ride as I knew it would literally haunt DD1 afterwards! We did have a look around Boot Hill and the beating/banging tomb was enough to set DD1 off! :rolleyes2

063.jpg

069.jpg

We then crossed to the Castle to go and see the Dragon (as queues for rides were long we decided to just drink in the atmosphere tonight). As it was around 9.45 pm by this point it was roped off. In fact to get around Fantasyland etc is a huge detour from 9.30 pm onwards due to Dreams ::yes::.

So, we decided to try our luck at Buzz Laserblast - we were lucky as most people were now waiting for Dreams so the queue was about 1-2 mins long :thumbsup2.

078.jpg

083.jpg

Cont:

Day one continued (I had to split due to photo limit! :rotfl2:)

We came out in Constellations, love the theming in here, and I bought a few bits including some ahem, tacky light up Mickey head lanyard things for the girls to wear around their necks. They loved them, pricey at 16 euros each though! DH said he thought they were a good idea as it started to get dark - would help us see them if they wandered off! :scared:

091.jpg

090.jpg

As most of the park was now at Central Plaza, it was about 10.20 pm, we decided we had better do the same. We originally had a quite good view fairly central behind the last fence on central plaza. However, it was next to a bench which had a family of 5 adults and 2 children on it - not a problem until all 5 adults started to smoke. As my DD2 was in her pushchair and they were sitting down too their smoke was directly in her face :worried:. So, we decided to move, in fairness they were there first but I can't help but wonder if that was why no-one was standing next to them as it was a good spot.

We moved off the pavement into the road area (and it started to rain again!). We didn't have a great view at all really - DD2 couldn't see at all in the pushchair so I reluctantly put her on my shoulders. Big mistake - I hated it, was worried about her and her poor legs were going numb I was gripping her so much! :crazy2: I didn't want to try and get her down and distract DH & DD1 so I just put up with her wriggling etc and the not so great view as I knew we'd see it other nights :goodvibes. In all though both girls loved it and gave lots of 'WOWS' when it began. It is a truly amazing show and definitely gave me the magical feeling during our stay - but more so when I got to see it from a great viewpoint! No good photos of Dreams this night - sorry! But some great ones to come :thumbsup2.

085.jpg

Back to the DLH via the arcade (a great way to get out of the park that bit quicker), around to the right hand exit was the entrance to our hotel corridor and our room was literally towards the end of that - literally 5 mins from park exit to room - a big plus of the DLH :thumbsup2.

But sadly, disappointment resumed when we got back into the room. Not only were there no fastpasses for us all as promised but we hadn't received a turn down service either - DD1 had remembered about the chocolate coins (without me saying anything - she remembered mainly because on previous visits she has been dairy free due to a milk intolerance, the chocolate coins were dark choc and therefore she could eat them, she used to devour them - poor little thing, so needless to say she remembered them!), her little face when we arrived back to the room and there were no coins was awful. I know it's just a little thing but for her it was huge (due to issue I've just mentioned I think, she had in her head that they were the best thing ever!). It was far too late to head to reception so I slept on it! Even though it was gone 11.30 pm, it took the girls a good 20 mins to settle due to excitement but soon we were all :faint: zzzz.

Thanks you so much for reading if you have got this far - I tend to type as I talk (I'm a fast typer fortunately :rotfl2:). Hope it's not too boring!! :joker:, I take photos of everything so there will be some odds ones along the way I'm sure :rotfl:.

I can't believe the issues you had at the DLH! It beggars belief that they can't get bookings right!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR, I think that is the first photo I have seen of your girls since they were born, I can't believe how much DD1 looks like you at that age!! Love their faces, they look so excited!

Will pop back on later to look for any updates...!

I know Rosebug - I was quite disappointed by the issues and it didn't get much better as the week went on!

DD1 is actually like DH - as you'll see now with the new photos. Everyone tells me DD2 is like me as a child - my Mum is always saying she is my double :goodvibes

Your girls look so happy about their surprise, they must have been over the moon. :goodvibes

Sorry to hear you had problems with the DLH, for the amount you pay they should have been bending over backwards to help you and being busy shouldn't be any excuse for not printing out your things there and then! I could sort of understand you not getting fastpasses for Friday but surely Thursday was the check out day for your first room so that shouldn't have been a problem. We were given fastpasses for check in and check out day.

You forgetting your AP discount made me laugh as we did this several times on our trip too. :confused3 I even forgot to ask for our free drinks in Walts and Auberge even though I had our APs out both times as we arrived so they knew we needed discount before they made up the bill.

I only forgot the AP discount once but did use my SH more for meals as DH often had a beer or I had one cocktail and many of the meals we chose seemed to include drinks for the girls anyway so we didn't need the AP drink. A few places gave us SH discount on the alcoholic drinks some didn't though!

I know what you mean about not getting the FP for Friday but as they were meant to have amalgamated the bookings, it's not like we were checking out and going off somewhere else! It was a pain having to go and queue again for the paperwork - which wasn't ready and the CM knew nothing about it - it got worse I can tell you! Nevermind, I still love the DLH but did feel a little despondent about it this time. The location wins hands down though - without a doubt it was much easier for us to pop back to our room for a nap etc. We even made EMH as first in the park one day (by a good few mins too) - that wouldn't have happened if we had been at the HNY. It was nice to have photos taken outside the castle with no one else around :goodvibes.

Congratulations on upgrading to DLH, but sorry to hear things didn't go smoothly.

Your dd's look really happy after their treasure hunt :)

Look forward to hearing more :goodvibes

Thanks Julie - after the issues we had I'm wondering if we should have stuck with the HNY :rotfl2:. There's no pleasing me!

I know Rosebug - I was quite disappointed by the issues and it didn't get much better as the week went on!

DD1 is actually like DH - as you'll see now with the new photos. Everyone tells me DD2 is like me as a child - my Mum is always saying she is my double :goodvibes

In that first photo she is the spit of you in a photo I have of us as kids, you're dressed as the Knave of Hearts (I think) and I'm Little Miss Muffet! :rotfl2:
I can still see you in her in the other photos, but less so.

Rosebug is the double of my mam as a toddler, but then also of my sister - lets just hope she doesn't look like DH! ;)

Loving seeing your photos, and hearing about your trip!

I only forgot the AP discount once but did use my SH more for meals as DH often had a beer or I had one cocktail and many of the meals we chose seemed to include drinks for the girls anyway so we didn't need the AP drink. A few places gave us SH discount on the alcoholic drinks some didn't though!

I know what you mean about not getting the FP for Friday but as they were meant to have amalgamated the bookings, it's not like we were checking out and going off somewhere else! It was a pain having to go and queue again for the paperwork - which wasn't ready and the CM knew nothing about it - it got worse I can tell you! Nevermind, I still love the DLH but did feel a little despondent about it this time. The location wins hands down though - without a doubt it was much easier for us to pop back to our room for a nap etc. We even made EMH as first in the park one day (by a good few mins too) - that wouldn't have happened if we had been at the HNY. It was nice to have photos taken outside the castle with no one else around :goodvibes.

The location certainly is great! What day was it you were first in the park? We made it first on PP on Wednesday and on First on orbitron on Friday - in fact it was only us on the ride! They obviously opened bag check early on Thursday though as we got to the turnstiles at about 2 minutes past eight and lots of people from bag check were already there. The location still doesn't mean they should be able to get away with shocking service though. Every time we went back to our room the girls were looking for the chocolate coins so I can imagine how your DD felt when there were none.

that is bad service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but this time we got no coins either, but we did last trip... maybe its a cutback??? :confused3

lovin the pics, and nice seein where others watched dreams from, and their pics :goodvibes and the competitive photographer in me is waitin to see how good ppls dreams pics r too hahaha ;)

i never knew bout the tomb - d'oh thats sumthin to check out next time then!! and i saw those mickey necklaces, except it was for me, not the kids lol

The location certainly is great! What day was it you were first in the park? We made it first on PP on Wednesday and on First on orbitron on Friday - in fact it was only us on the ride! They obviously opened bag check early on Thursday though as we got to the turnstiles at about 2 minutes past eight and lots of people from bag check were already there. The location still doesn't mean they should be able to get away with shocking service though. Every time we went back to our room the girls were looking for the chocolate coins so I can imagine how your DD felt when there were none.

It was actually Thursday that we were in the park first. Didn't look at the time, but we had time to get photos at the bandstand in the Town Square and then walk down to the Castle without anyone else near us :cool1:. Apart from a man cleaning out the bins who happened to get in our photos at one point :lmao:.

Did you manage to have breakfast in Inventions each morning? Another gripe of mine - rant beginning :lmao:.... first morning we were ushered off into a side conference room which was very small and on the other side of the hotel so no nice view :sad2:, second morning they tried to do the same but we rushed past before they had a chance, third was OK (we were in California Grill), fourth morning we got to Inventions and the lady tried to direct us to the conference room again, by this time even DH was getting fed up (he is very placid normally and never bothers!) and he told her we would wait for a table after being told it was full :eek:. The waitress was quite rude to us and told us to stand in a corner to wait.

I saw one family paying for their breakfast - can't recall what day it was though, so my fears that I mentioned on here a few weeks back ring true - they are happy to seat people who are paying for breakfast in there but hotel guests seem to be pushed into another room when Inventions is 'full'. In fact, when we did get seated there were several empty tables :confused3. :mad: The price people pay to stay at the DLH, the guests should be given priority but clearly aren't :mad:. I've stayed at the DLH in August (so truly full capacity) and I've never seen them have another side room open for breakfast :confused3, only Inventions & Cali Grill.

that is bad service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but this time we got no coins either, but we did last trip... maybe its a cutback??? :confused3

lovin the pics, and nice seein where others watched dreams from, and their pics :goodvibes and the competitive photographer in me is waitin to see how good ppls dreams pics r too hahaha ;)

i never knew bout the tomb - d'oh thats sumthin to check out next time then!! and i saw those mickey necklaces, except it was for me, not the kids lol

No Nikki - we got chocolate coins (and turn down) on our second & third night. Just not our first night - oh and on our fourth night they only put two coins on one bed (and turned down one bed :confused3) for the 4 of us. The odd thing was they had turned down the adults bed and not the childrens' so the coins were on our bed - you could see it was a child's bed due to toys and nightwear on there.... Very odd and again a bit disappointing - I like the chocolate coins too but had to give mine away :lmao::laughing: (only joking!).

Oh my gosh, please don't wait for my Dreams photos - they aren't great at all - I don't have a fancy camera and just point and shoot! :rolleyes1

Yes I'd read about the tomb somewhere - wasn't on here, perhaps it was on the Phantom Manor website. DD1 was really freaked out, bless her - it doesn't take much! :rolleyes: There are some funny epitaphs on the graves in Boot Hill - like the one about the servants "keeping the master happy and happier" etc :rotfl:. Love a bit of adult humour added in :lmao:.

We were in inventions Monday and Tuesday but in the side room on Friday and Saturday for breakfast. It didn't really bother me too much to be honest but I must admit I did wonder why they needed to use that space as there weren't that many tables in there anyway.

Thanks for the reply Jo :).

I think by that point, I was just disappointed full stop, so anything that didn't go right just made it worse :rolleyes:. One of the biggest things I love about the DLH is the breakfast (and one of the main reasons for upgrading) - it's not just the food choice, it's the ambience of Inventions in the morning, overlooking Main Street and the Castle etc - it's magical. It's a small thing but it did really bother me. I didn't like beginning our stay (our first morning) in a room at the other side of the hotel overlooking nothing really. Probably because I have been so used to staying there in the past and almost taking it for granted I guess :confused3.

I really am normally not that bothered by these things but I think because I had encountered the issues the night before at check in, and then been promised fastpasses and easy passes that never arrived, it just made me feel :sad2:. One thing though, I never let the girls see my disappointment - although they saw me mad when the DLH switched off our keys and locked us out of our room on the Thursday :mad:. Another story for another day I think.... :rolleyes1

One thing though, I never let the girls see my disappointment - although they saw me mad when the DLH switched off our keys and locked us out of our room on the Thursday :mad:. Another story for another day I think.... :rolleyes1

omg no - they didnt???? no wonder u want to write to them.... it isnt good at all!!

n back to subject of choc coins n turn down - try cheyenne - the service in the room left alot to b desired tbh - they made the beds, but pjs were all PILED together on the bottom bunk - mine included!! not like thats how we left them - they were left on the appropriate bed.... now thats the 2nd time the cheyenne have disappointed, but ive not complained this time as complained before and just got a sorry and see u soon!!!!! but in dlh u expect that 'extra mile' for the price u pay..... one day i will try the pink palace..... but will have to b when kids under 12 r free and its early jan when at cheapest :lmao:

Day Two - Monday
Our first full day in the Park :cool1:.

Even though we had gone to bed late after Dreams I set the alarm for 7 am (with the notion that we would have an afternoon nap to make up for late night/early start). We were up and out of the room by 7.40 am.

This morning we didn't even get as far as Inventions along the corridor and were ushered into one of the side conference rooms for breakfast. I would have preferred to be in Inventions particularly as it was our first day and I was looking forward to gazing out at Main Street while eating etc. We nevertheless sat down and got some breakfast which was nice, there was plenty of choice but not as much as Inventions obviously as it was much smaller.

I finished up a bit earlier and wandered down to reception to ask where our fastpasses were that hadn't appeared the night before :eek:. I must have waited about 15 minutes (two people in front of me, both separate parties, were complaining about things - not sure what but one man in particular was being rather 'loud' in his protestations!) :confused3. :confused3 I got to the desk just as DH came down with the girls so they waited patiently - raring to go into the Park! I was frustrated to find that despite all the promises from the night before there were no fastpasses put aside, no note in the booking and I basically had to go through the whole story again with the CM! 10 minutes later he agreed to print out passes but only for the next 4 days - we would still have to call back for our last days FP due to the two bookings!

So, we were on our way :banana:. Because of the reception delay it was 8.30 am before we got into the Park, but it wasn't too busy.

We headed straight to Fantasyland and got on Dumbo after a 10 minute queue, we then did the teacups without a queue, Peter Pan and IASW - which DD2 adored - love her face on the photo - such a look of wonderment :love:.

112.jpg

118.jpg

127.jpg

Although still quite full from breakfast I had to try out Salon Mickey for our first time :goodvibes. So, we headed there for a nice cup of coffee - DH and I had those gorgeous nutty/chocolate pastries (I'd read so many people mention them on here and I must admit I did think 'surely it's just a pastry like any other' but no, I agree they are something special - I couldn't stop thinking about when I'd get my next one :lmao:). The girls had a cookie each and juice.

143.jpg

We headed back into the Park and queued to meet Duffy - he hadn't arrived yet so there was a small queue - 10 minutes max. We eyed up the Duffy bears in the Storybook Store (how cute is the giant mechanical Duffy in there).

140.jpg

We then headed back over to Fantasyland (I know, we were not making very good use of the time!), so that the girls could have a look around Alice's labyrinth - a firm favourite of mine as I love anything Alice related :love:. It was raining but we still had fun. It was then that I noticed that DD1 no longer had her Rapunzel over the body bag we'd got her for the trip, as well as her new Tink sunglasses and Minnie suncap that were in it! :eek: I remembered putting them on the table at breakfast before I left saying "don't forget your bag when you leave".... :rolleyes1

150.jpg

151.jpg

So, as we were all getting a little tired and we had a reservation for Blue Lagoon for a late afternoon meal, we decided to head back to the DLH to enquire about DD1's bag and have a nap!

Fortunately DD1's bag had been handed in - I'm guessing by one of the waitresses clearing the table - which was very, very kind of them. The CM on the desk said she was lucky and that it's very rare these days they have anything handed in (I managed to lose my FCUK sunglasses one day and went back to ask about them but they weren't there :sad2:).

After 10 minutes of excitement the girls settled down and we all had a nice, well needed nap. We got up feeling refreshed and ready for some food!

We had a quick go on POTC before our reservation at Blue Lagoon - as there was no queue. The girls were initially scared once again but then seemed to really get into it :goodvibes.

We headed to BL and I asked at the door if it was possible to have a beach side table - we were informed we had been given one already :cool1:. DH has wanted to eat here for some time but I felt on previous trips that the girls were a bit little for it - it always feels a bit more grown up than some restaurants - so this was our first time!

Cont:

Day Two cont:

We had a great table and a lovely meal (again I will copy this into the review area).

DH and I had the express menu which was really good value (19.99 euros) - we bothy had the colombo chicken (coconut curry sauce chicken skewers & rice), followed by the Cafe Gourmand - coffee & a few miniature desserts. The meal was delicious. We also had a 'lights & colours' glowtini cocktail each.

179.jpg

177.jpg

183.jpg

The girls ate from the children's set menu - DD1 had the chicken and panacotta for dessert, DD2 had the tomato pasta and ice cream for dessert. They both really liked their food which came out on Mickey shaped plates.

176.jpg

175.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

Total was 79.40 euros with SH discount :).

After the meal we decided to stick around Adventureland and explore the Pont Suspendu which is great fun and fab views as well. It was almost time for Captain Jack to make his appearance and as DD2 is a huge pirate fan we thought we'd see how we got on with meeting him.

He arrived suitably in character :rotfl:. It was a mini scrum but not as bad as some I've witnessed. DD1 said he was handsome and he overheard and said she was a "true beauty" at which she blushed :laughing:. Photos and autographs done!

187.jpg

By this point it was almost parade time so we headed to IASW for the viewpoint Torsie and Ms Poppins had recommended (thank you!). Good view and although not right in the heart of it at the ropes, it is a great spot! For some reason we didn't get many photos this time watching it (I think we were just concentrating on watching), but I love this one of Mary Poppins :cloud9:.

231.jpg

We had a quick go on PP and as DH had grabbed FP for Buzz earlier, we had a go on there too. We then rode Star Tours which both girls loved - especially DD2 as she seems to be into Star Wars despite having never seen the film :confused3!

We decided to use our DLH FP on BTM but when we got there it was closed due to a problem! So we bought some churros from Fuente (it would have been rude not to as passing) and sat and ate them. BTM came back on and we headed on using our FP which took no time at all :cool1:.

We decided to head back to the hotel and have a drink in the bar before an earlyish night for the girls. DH and I got one of the special 20th cocktails with a light up Hook & Tink on each. The girls got a non alcoholic cocktail (children's one) with a souvenir shaker each. To be honest they were nice but nothing special (apart from the lovely light up figures :)), and when we got the bill I nearly fainted :eek: - 54 euros!!! Yikes! Definitely a one off! I knew the bar was expensive there as we have had drinks there previously but it's normally just been the two of us - paying for 4 drinks was a bit :eek:.

Time for bed at around 9 pm and the girls were surprisingly asleep very quickly. DH and I were tired too so after reading for a short while got some zzzs too!

Tomorrow - our VIP Fastpass day.... :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter